Smile Addon to solve gear updates in weapon swap macros for shadowlands

Hey everyone!

I coded and polished an addon the last few days, that is explicitly meant to help fellow warriors out. Since we all get to enjoy Shield Block and Shield Slam in Shadowlands, weapon swapping is back.

And if you are anything like me, your motivation to change all your weapon swap macros whenever you update your gear is pretty much nonexistent. I wrote an addon which solves that problem.

Sadly since this is literally my first mmo-champion forum post, I cannot include any links.

But you can find a full guide to the addon if you search for "Weapon Swap Auto Macros" on youtube
    Or if you search for the very same name on curseforge or in the twitch mod manager.

I hope this will offer a bit of convenience to those of you who actually intend to swap to shield once in a while, especially in PVP.

its a neat idea but currently on beta you cannot swap weapons in combat, or any gear in mythic+. which makes this ability completely useless. Thankfully they removed the shield requirement for spell reflect and I hope they do the same for shield block.
    Arms gets locked out of mortal strike and fury can't even swap to a shield in combat since they'd have to remove a weapon. Interesting that you can remove shields but not weapons.

As far as I'm aware you can switch weapons in a M+ with shadowlands. I think I read something about them changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    its a neat idea but currently on beta you cannot swap weapons in combat, or any gear in mythic+. which makes this ability completely useless. Thankfully they removed the shield requirement for spell reflect and I hope they do the same for shield block.
    Arms gets locked out of mortal strike and fury can't even swap to a shield in combat since they'd have to remove a weapon. Interesting that you can remove shields but not weapons.
    I wouldn't know, I don't have access t the beta, but I did develop and test the addon on the PTR, which is based on the same underlying 9.0 patch the beta should be based on. I guess we'll have to find out once the actual pre-patch hits

I’ve heard from some friends that they are enabling weapon switching in combat and mythic plus when pre patch hits live servers, I have no sources to validate this but it would make sense and be a very welcome change

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah weapon swapping is comming back , devs said it officially , i dont know if its up yet but its comming back for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    Blizzard just doesn't know what they are doing anymore... at least we get intervene back

As far as I'm aware you can switch weapons in a M+ with shadowlands. I think I read something about them changing it.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah weapon swapping is comming back

"enjoy" is not the right verb here.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    yeah weapon swapping is comming back , devs said it officially , i dont know if its up yet but its comming back for sure
    It's on beta right now. Just to confirm.

Thanks OP for this. It hits just the right spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks OP for this. It hits just the right spot.

Quote Originally Posted by MORGATH99 View Post
    It's on beta right now. Just to confirm.

I just want to point out that there's an alternate way around this, which is to add /equipset to your macros, I think you can even have the macro check if a set is equipped and not execute the command if it isn't. This is handy if you like your abilities to context-change so rampage becomes shield block depending on whether you have your shield set or dualwielding.

If using the equipset gives an error, make sure all other slots than weaponslots are ignored with the red Ø.