Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    well yeah, the title is not 100% true (which can be fixed by mods anyway) but it creates some problems.

like, Anasterian was 3000 years when Arthas met him and he looked old asf.

Sylvanas and her sisters are young and hot asf but are apparently thousands of years old.
    If Anasterian was to be !@#$ed by some random human dude, he would have surely looked young and hot af as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    This doesn't mean that sylvanas wasn't alive for thousands of years already at that point.
    But this doesn't really help either anyway. Some stories mention sylvanas mother dying during the second war, some say sylvanas was already ranger-general before the second war began.
    So not only does this mean we don't know how old she could be, we don't even know how long she was ranger general of silvermoon or when her mother died.
    I was under the impression that Sylvanas was made Ranger General because her eldest sister was busy in Outland with her human masters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    There's always the chance she was just a fuck up that did not measure up to her family's legacy. Judging by her children, she must have some mightily inferior genes.
    Now that made me giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I know at the time of BC there was someone who was in charge of keeping track of the lore, but that individual didn't prevent the great Metzen retcon, so I assume either 1) the individual was available as a resource but not required to approve everything or 2) the devs ignored that individual to pursue whatever they wanted instead.

I don't have any info after development of WotLK, so the position may have been eliminated.
    If there is, he/she is terrible at that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

best option: don't trust Blizzard anymore.

Yeah, cause 1 easily explained thing can totally equate to Blizzard being bad writers...

No. Yeah, they always knew each other. What of it?

- - - Updated - - -

Arthas: Rise of the Lick King specifically says that Anasterian is 3000 years old.

there was no reigning.
    Three millennia rested upon his shoulders, which implied Quel'thalas was that "3 millennia". And the white hair implies that he ruled for awhile now.

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda like how Terenas' reign over Lordaeron could be considered as "Decades resting under his shoulder*

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, even if you wanna argue against it...

Anasterian isn't that old.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2020-08-25 at 02:33 PM.

It's pretty obvious by now that Sylvanas is so old that she actually made the Jailer and now came back to Shadowlands to set him straight because he was naughty /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Was that ever a thing? I know ESO has a lore guy and I assume it's true for several RPGs with massive worlds but I never felt WoW had a lore master mostly because . . .well look at the lore.
    They used to, but Blizzard fired him and axed the department.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    It's pretty obvious by now that Sylvanas is so old that she actually made the Jailer and now came back to Shadowlands to set him straight because he was naughty /s
    everything is possible LMAO xd
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2020-08-25 at 02:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

I guess I'm not sure what to talk about on this. Yeah, Sylvanas was a high elf, so was Lor'themar, they knew each other. What revelations does this bring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, this might of been retconned between then and now, but there is still some canonicity going on from this book I'm about to pull from.

The book in question is actually a trilogy, but meant to be read as one book, that being The War of the Ancients by the man himself, Knaak (Remember when people considered him the worst author for wow? weird times)

In that book, he describes, well, the War of the Ancients, the major players on the hero side being Rhonin, Krasus, and Brox time traveling to then, Malfurion, Tyrande, Illidan, Jarod, and a few others. The War of the Ancients took place 10,000 years before current times, more or less, at least to the point of Warcraft III's events. During the War of the Ancients, alot of things occured, were said, and the like. Some of it has since been retconned and changed, which is why I qualified this statement the way I have. I don't know what all has been changed or not. I know for a fact that the power of the Old Gods has definitly been changed, because in the book, Krasus made mention that if the Old Gods were released, Sargeras himself would beg for mercy, but with recent rewrites, that has since changed.

The point I'm making here, is that in the book, Tyrande eventually gets captured, like she does, and is held prisoner by the Highborne in Zin-Azshari, the Palace of Azshara. During which she is introgated, or otherwise left alone by the Highborne, but she gets a visit from one in particular. Anastarian Sunstrider.

10,000 years ago. 7,000 years before he allegedly was born according to this thread.

Look, I get that WoW's timeline is full of contradictions, rewrites, retcons, and the like, but if this is still holden to be true, the explanation is fairly simple. The Highborne weren't actually that different to the Night Elves, who were already long lived. The only reason they began to change into the High Elves, is because of a change of exposures. The Sunwell that they fed off of was pure arcane energy, and the exposure to that well was alot more pure and untainted from what the Well of Eternity was. Now, it could be argued that the WoE is what gave the Night Elves their longevity, and that the Sunwell wouldn't pack the same punch, but we have sufficient evidence to the contrary, given that Anastarian was alive right up until the events of Warcraft III.

All that to say, The High Elves are very long lived, so the statements made thus far aren't really all that suspect

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Quote Originally Posted by Frinata View Post
    snip
    She gets visited by Dath'remar Sunstrider

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes he did. in other news, water is wet!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    She gets visited by Dath'remar Sunstrider
    ...Shit.

I have no idea why I thought it was Anastarian.

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

10+ Year Old Account
    well yeah, the title is not 100% true (which can be fixed by mods anyway) but it creates some problems.

like, Anasterian was 3000 years when Arthas met him and he looked old asf.

Sylvanas and her sisters are young and hot asf but are apparently thousands of years old.
    People need to stop saying Anasteran was 3000 years old. We have no idea exactly how old he was only that he was alive during the Troll wars and ruled 3000 years. He could have been 6000 for all we know.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    A millenia is 1,000 years, I don't know where you're getting this "few" from... She could be like 1,200 years old and could have become ranger general when she was 150 or something.
    Probably because millennia is the plural of a millennium,

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    People need to stop saying Anasteran was 3000 years old. We have no idea exactly how old he was only that he was alive during the Troll wars and ruled 3000 years. He could have been 6000 for all we know.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    But a random search on wowpedia says that sylvanas mother was ranger general of Silvermoon during the first war, that's like 40-50 years ago?
    34 years ago to the current date, however, if you look who held the position before her, its shown as "earliest known" i.e Lireesa Windrunner may have been well enough old and been as old as Anastarerian, possibly younger.

As for the age difference, between the three sisters and Alleria having fought during the troll wars, it is more or less possible as the sunwell, was a mini-well of eternity.
    Source: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Sunwell

"After many hard-fought battles, the Highborne exiles under the leadership of Dath'Remar Sunstrider arrived at the forested woodlands one day known as Quel'Thalas. Dath'Remar had long sought a suitable homeland for his people, practitioners of arcane magic abhorred by their brethren across the Great Sea. Unveiling a stolen vial of water from the Well of Eternity, Dath'Remar poured its contents into a lake situated at a convergence of powerful ley lines. A brilliant fount of energy tore through the skies of Azeroth, and Dath'Remar proclaimed that this new source of power would one day surpass its predecessor. The Sunwell was named after Dath'Remar, in honor of the Highborne leader's bold quest to reignite Highborne culture. Over time, the Highborne lost their characteristic kaldorei looks and shunned the moon to embrace the sun. They would become known as the high elves, or quel'dorei, and the Sunwell became the heart of their culture.

The well's potent arcane magic fed and strengthened the high elf people. It suffused them unceasingly; they were bathed in its power every moment of every day. The Sunwell had empowered the magi who built the kingdom, and enabled some of the elves' day-to-day spellcasting. Thus, the city of Silvermoon was established. The power of the high elves grew, and they cast an enchantment on the Eversong Woods that would keep them bathed in eternal springtime. Elven magi crafted monolithic Runestones along the borders of Quel'Thalas; these massive stones powered a magical shield intended to mask the elves' magic from extra-dimensional threats and protect the land from invasion. The hard-won peace of Quel'Thalas would endure for roughly four thousand years.

For millennia the mystical pool of energy fuelled the potent magic of the exiled high elves. The Sunwell's inexhaustible power permeated the elves and infused them with a constant supply of arcane energy. For generations the high elves protected and cherished the well, benefiting from its powers even when outside the borders of their homeland.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I know at the time of BC there was someone who was in charge of keeping track of the lore, but that individual didn't prevent the great Metzen retcon, so I assume either 1) the individual was available as a resource but not required to approve everything or 2) the devs ignored that individual to pursue whatever they wanted instead.

I don't have any info after development of WotLK, so the position may have been eliminated.
    Poor bastard must have been a wreck with a drinking problem by the time he left that job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Poor bastard must have been a wreck with a drinking problem by the time he left that job.
    I mean, imagine that your job is to take care of the consistancy of the game's story, only for your boss to pull the Draenei retcon and the setback meme out of his anus
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.