Poll: What covenant will you choose?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

What covenant will you choose?

As I will mostly play MM (all content except Mythic raiding), I'll go Venthyr. I like Flayed Shot and the flow it brings to our rotation. I also like Kyrian, their aesthetics are awesome, but I think we have already good AoE and Resonating Arrow is really easy to dodge in PvP. Plus the Venthyr signature teleport will be game breaking, even out of combat.

So, what covenant will you choose?

I like venthyr for the abilities. I like necrolords because I like the lich king vibe. Night fae seems like generic night elf stuff, although I am a night elf I don't care much for it. Bastion seems like it's too much lawful good for me, the whole holier than thou kind of feel that they have turns me off, feels too much like actual religion.

Probably pick Venthyr in the end because abilities are more important to getting into content than looking cool.

No idea. Performance is no known yet. All i can say i will never choose Venthyr or Necrolords... maybe Necro on my DK but that is it....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going Night Fae on my BM Main, but I do sincerely hope the ability gets tuned up a bit. I love it mechanically and visually but it does not interact with pet abilities atm so that makes it sucky for BM right now. In any case Im deciding for flavor/aesthetics over performance, Im nowhere near a level of play where it would really make a difference.

I love how the poll seemingly shows the stark divide between those who have fun with aesthetics and playing what they enjoy, and those who find fun by optimizing their character seeing as Venthyr is looking to be the BiS raid covenant while Night Fae is severely undertuned.

Or of course the Venthyr hunters could all be Belf or Velf players while Night Fae players chose it on the likely odds that it will be buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greyfang View Post
    I'm going Night Fae on my BM Main, but I do sincerely hope the ability gets tuned up a bit. I love it mechanically and visually but it does not interact with pet abilities atm so that makes it sucky for BM right now. In any case Im deciding for flavor/aesthetics over performance, Im nowhere near a level of play where it would really make a difference.
    I cannot imagine the ability will stay as undertuned as it currently is, not to mention bugged.
    I will most likely choose Night Fae because I realized in BfA how much more fun the game becomes if you accept that you will likely never be 100% optimal regardless, so you might as well go for what you enjoy.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Kyrian for BM. All that AoE crit is gonna be fun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Under a bridge, some ware in the Badlands.
    I like Necrolord mog most, so that's the one I'm going with. Ability be damned, looks are half of DPS lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokcmvmxckm View Post
    Sylvanas has returned from the Maw her work complete. She has decided to live as a stay at home Mom with Nathanos at Windrunner Tower in the Ghostlands. Note; she is not a Mother, and Nathanos is a rock with a smiley face drawn in sharpie. Many people are concerned about her current mental health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I love how the poll seemingly shows the stark divide between those who have fun with aesthetics and playing what they enjoy, and those who find fun by optimizing their character seeing as Venthyr is looking to be the BiS raid covenant while Night Fae is severely undertuned.

Or of course the Venthyr hunters could all be Belf or Velf players while Night Fae players chose it on the likely odds that it will be buffed.

- - - Updated - - -

I cannot imagine the ability will stay as undertuned as it currently is, not to mention bugged.
    I will most likely choose Night Fae because I realized in BfA how much more fun the game becomes if you accept that you will likely never be 100% optimal regardless, so you might as well go for what you enjoy.
    Cheers, here's hoping. Im not on beta but I've seen some feedback in the forums so hopefully it'll be looked at. I try to strike a balance between min maxing what I can without sacrificing too much. Covenants is where I drew my line. I can't have my NE hunter be anything else than Night Fae.

I enjoy playing SV hunter and I want that sweet extra mobility so either Night Fae or Venthyr. Apparently the Night Fae ability is undertuned/not working properly (not proccing off Kill command which is a big deal) so I am a leaning more toward Venthyr. Even assuming Night Fae does get fixed, Venthyr may still win out, 2 mins seems kind of long for a cd and its always a case of will the tank keep the mobs/boss in spell affect area for the full duration of the spell or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisque View Post
    I enjoy playing SV hunter and I want that sweet extra mobility so either Night Fae or Venthyr. Apparently the Night Fae ability is undertuned/not working properly (not proccing off Kill command which is a big deal) so I am a leaning more toward Venthyr. Even assuming Night Fae does get fixed, Venthyr may still win out, 2 mins seems kind of long for a cd and its always a case of will the tank keep the mobs/boss in spell affect area for the full duration of the spell or no?
    If you are just looking for the numbers then Venthyr will likely be the go-to regardless seeing as it interracts with your regular toolkit beyond just making them more powerful which means that it will likely outscale the other covenants the longer the expansion goes.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a 5th option.

"Whichever one Icy-Veins tells me to"
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

10+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr, mainly because it fits more with the redemption/nobility vibe + the party thing. All of that fits the perspective/lore of my charactre so well.

Necrolord for me, sadly because Death Chakram is the only reliable way to make BM feel less than molasses on Beta.
    (Yes that's with a copied character in nearly perfect 8.3 gear, 45 Focus Cobra Shot is 0 bueno)
    Having Arcane Shot out dps Cobra Shot is just silly.

Also, having a big ol absorb shield may be super handy for some fights where BM gets to do silly tasks like run bombs or move teleport pads, where you're not really dpsing anyway you can sneak off a channeled shield :3

7+ Year Old Account
    Venthyr, hands down. Purely for the aesthetic and that BADASS mail set they have.

Going for Venthyr FOR CERTAIN and going mm for this for sure. I'm tired of bm already.

As a BM Hunter I still don't know what I am going to choose honestly

10+ Year Old Account
    As I am rolling MM, I will be going Venthyr.

Let's be honest. Venthyr is high marks across the board. The class ability (Flayed Shot) is a beautiful addition. Sure, it isn't the catchall for every situation, but no ability really should be. It might not be great on bit M+ packs.. but it will still shred bosses with ease, and we have great AoE potential as is. The covanent ability (the dark teleport) will also have a decent use-case in both PvE and PvP.

That's 2 out of 3. What is the third? Well, I'm just gonna leave this here for you.

How can you not choose a covenant that gives us damage, utility AND one of the best looking mail xmogs IN THE HISTORY OF WoW!!
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Aesthetically speaking, Venthyr or Necrolords.
    Venthyr because I love horror and the whole vampire thing is awesome.
    Necrolord with the bone and death theme is pretty awesome, too.
    As far as abilities, FS sounds great for ST, but loses use in packs. DC seems to be a good ability for both ST and AoE, as well as havi some focus regen attached to it.
    More than likely I’ll go Venthyr as the theme just barely edges out Necrolords. I’m completely content with playing for aesthetic reasons this xpac. I’ll just use an alt if I want to play something completely optimally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Haven't decided yet, going with the best look / feel. Not worried about min/maxing abilities. Leaning towards Venthyr
    The above post should never be taken seriously in any shape or form. Failure to do so might result in laughing matters.

Night Fae on one, Venthyr on one and necrolord on my 3rd. But voted Night Fae since my main hunter, my vulpera seem like a nice fit there. Like someone said few weeks ago, a vulpine running with a vulpine with another vulpine is awesome.