Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If the situation deteriorates to the point that "we can shoot him 7 times in the back, or we can wave as he drives away", then yes, you wave as he drives away. That way nobody might die.

And before you say "but the warrant"; if they knew he had a warrant, they also know his name and address and they've now got the vehicle he was driving. They have all kinds of options, if they know who he is and that he's got an active warrant, other than just shooting him in the back.

Americans like yourself really need to realize that "noncompliance with officers" isn't actually a crime of any kind whatsoever. Officers are not owed compliance to all commands they issue. That's not a thing.
    Lol ? I mean, even in countries where the police is known to be "not violent", they would never let the guy run away like nothing happened. Wake up plz.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    Jacob Blake, the 29-year-old black man shot by police in Kenosha, Wisconsin, on Sunday, was wanted on charges of sexual assault, among others, according to the Associated Press.

source from a 2015 incident https://racinecountyeye.com/police-k...ed-gun-at-bar/

Apparently hes a wanted felon with a history of intoxication, sexual assault, and frequent firearm use. The police appear to have been conducting an arrest warrant. He was also seen wrestling with the officers and resisting arrest before trying to enter his vehicle (either to grab a gun or drive away while drunk/high I suspect). We'll wait for the toxicology reports to confirm.

Video of him wrestling with police. We'll wait and see if there is a better view somewhere else.

https://newscolony.com/video-shows-j...aced-on-leave/

https://nonperele.com/man-shot-by-po...exual-assault/
    Nothing at all points to them conducting a warrant arrest they weren’t called out for that reason the police haven’t brought it up at all.

Why not just own up that you think he’s a drugged up thug because he’s black and there for it’s ok to escalate to deadly force at a drop of a pin? Why can’t racist just own there positions instead of trying to weasel around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Lol ? I mean, even in countries where the police is known to be "not violent", they would never let the guy run away like nothing happened. Wake up plz.
    They also likely wouldn't have let things escalate that far. Because officers in other countries receive far more training than US officers, including heavy deescalation training.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43876772

US cops would have happily obliged and perforated his body with bullets. But that's not good policing.

They also shoot and kill far more civilians than any other developed country, even accounting for population size - https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/20...olicekillings/

3+ Year Old Account
    then they should have arrested him. clearly they didn't or else he would've been in handcuffs before even getting in the car door.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    I don't understand how actions like this is helping black lives. Can you all explain it for me?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1298210964018429952
    Looters and riots taking advantage of a movement protesting isn’t relevant to said movement and never have been.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Looters and riots taking advantage of a movement protesting isn’t relevant to said movement and never have been.
    don't justify the lazy deflection with a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    and you're never going to convince anyone with an IQ greater than their shoe size that the cops we're in any way justified in trying to kill him for it. get a new hobby.
    Oh great, another fanatic. A perfect example was given on the previous page why suspect is not to be allowed to go the card after being ordered to stop (and receiving taser shots).
    And once more, just for you - you do not have rights to ignore cops orders. Lawful ones, under which "stand where you are and dont move" is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Oh great, another fanatic. A perfect example was given on the previous page why suspect is not to be allowed to go the card after being ordered to stop (and receiving taser shots).
    And once more, just for you - you do not have rights to ignore cops orders. Lawful ones, under which "stand where you are and dont move" is.
    THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE ARRESTED HIM. instead they shot him. get the difference? genius?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They also likely wouldn't have let things escalate that far. Because officers in other countries receive far more training than US officers, including heavy deescalation training.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43876772

US cops would have happily obliged and perforated his body with bullets. But that's not good policing.

They also shoot and kill far more civilians than any other developed country, even accounting for population size - https://www.prisonpolicy.org/blog/20...olicekillings/
    Oh I do agree that US cops kills a lot. But they also face people that can easily be armed.

And again, even if they should have not let the things escalate this far, what then ? We will bid you farewell good sir and good day ? Are you living in reality ?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a lot of jurisdictions, car chases are forbidden precisely because they put too many innocents at risk; if a suspect drives off, you let them go, rather than give chase.

This is standard procedure. I'm not sure you have any real comprehension of police practices. Yes, letting a good samaritan drive off rather than shooting him in the back seven times, that's the more-reasonable option.

Not automatically, it isn't. Cops can't just boss people around for the hell of it. They need to have justifiable reasons for the order. If I'm walking down the street, and an officer tells me to stand there and not move, I'm gonna demand he tell me why, and if he can't give me a good reason, I'm continuing on with my day and he can fuck off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes disobeying orders should Be met with shots in the back good to know that the us has gone full judge Dredd.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-08-25 at 05:13 PM.

In a lot of jurisdictions, car chases are forbidden precisely because they put too many innocents at risk; if a suspect drives off, you let them go, rather than give chase.

This is standard procedure. I'm not sure you have any real comprehension of police practices. Yes, letting a good samaritan drive off rather than shooting him in the back seven times, that's the more-reasonable option.

Not automatically, it isn't. Cops can't just boss people around for the hell of it. They need to have justifiable reasons for the order. If I'm walking down the street, and an officer tells me to stand there and not move, I'm gonna demand he tell me why, and if he can't give me a good reason, I'm continuing on with my day and he can fuck off.
    Yes, and as far as I can tell, this was not a car chase ? Can you provide a live exemple of police officers (of any country) that let the guy go inside his car and let him run away ?

lol, if you really think that you just have to comply with EVERYTHING a cop says, no matter the law, you are really dumb...

How the fuck are cops still allowed to murder (or attempt to in this case) people after all those last few months? I don't get it? Why the fuck is the US so broken?
    (That's a rhetorical quesion, I know about the racism and nutjobs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and as far as I can tell, this was not a car chase ? Can you provide a live exemple of police officers (of any country) that let the guy go inside his car and let him run away ?
    Literally every single instance where police officers choose to not pursue a suspect because it would turn into a high-speed chase.

You literally cited the exact instance in asking the question. How am I supposed to take you seriously if you're going to pull nonsense shit like that?

Edit: It also bears repeating that we don't have any indication this guy was a suspect in anything nor was he seemingly under arrest. The cops were just straight-up assaulting him.

Oh I do agree that US cops kills a lot. But they also face people that can easily be armed.
    It's a pointlessly stupid catch-22 that the cops intentionally place themselves in.

Law enforcement has strong support for the Second Amendment, including concealed carry. They want folks armed.

But they're also terrified of folks being armed, and treat everyone legally armed as a potential threat, especially if they're black. Even if they just think the person is armed because they're holding a cell phone while black.

Pick one. Either guns are a threat to officers safety and they think that civilians should not be allowed to have such easy access to them in the interest of the safety of their officers, or guns aren't a threat and are a right and cops have no reason to treat anyone with a firearm as a threat until they use it in a threatening manner.

And again, even if they should have not let the things escalate this far, what then ? We will bid you farewell good sir and good day ? Are you living in reality ?
    You don't let things get that far.

And if they do, and this is the result, all officers involved are immediately fired with imminent investigations, and are blackballed from working in law enforcement again.

When a teacher gets caught sexually assaulting a student, they pretty much never work as a teacher again. If a day care worker gets caught running a toddler fight club gets caught, they're never working in child care ever again. If a nurse gets caught bragging about giving Jewish people the wrong medications, their license is revoked and they cannot practice medicine again. If a trucker is negligent and causes an avoidable accident that's severe (like the loss of life or serious longterm injury) they can lose their commercial license and never drive trucks again.

But law enforcement officers are unique. If they fail at their jobs and end up unnecessarily killing an innocent person, or even a person who alleged committed crimes, there is often no consequence at all outside of being placed on paid or unpaid leave. Even for those that resign, they're often rehired by other departments. Because there is no accountability, and there needs to be.

But you're carrying water for these cops.

Literally every single instance where police officers choose to not pursue a suspect because it would turn into a high-speed chase.

You literally cited the exact instance in asking the question. How am I supposed to take you seriously if you're going to pull nonsense shit like that?

Edit: It also bears repeating that we don't have any indication this guy was a suspect in anything nor was he seemingly under arrest. The cops were just straight-up assaulting him.
    I am not asking about your rhetoric, I am asking for an exemple (like a press article) of police officers that let someone go inside his car and let him run away.

Can you provide one or not ?

- - - Updated - - -

It's a pointlessly stupid catch-22 that the cops intentionally place themselves in.

Law enforcement has strong support for the Second Amendment, including concealed carry. They want folks armed.

But they're also terrified of folks being armed, and treat everyone legally armed as a potential threat, especially if they're black. Even if they just think the person is armed because they're holding a cell phone while black.

Pick one. Either guns are a threat to officers safety and they think that civilians should not be allowed to have such easy access to them in the interest of the safety of their officers, or guns aren't a threat and are a right and cops have no reason to treat anyone with a firearm as a threat until they use it in a threatening manner.

You don't let things get that far.

And if they do, and this is the result, all officers involved are immediately fired with imminent investigations, and are blackballed from working in law enforcement again.

When a teacher gets caught sexually assaulting a student, they pretty much never work as a teacher again. If a day care worker gets caught running a toddler fight club gets caught, they're never working in child care ever again. If a nurse gets caught bragging about giving Jewish people the wrong medications, their license is revoked and they cannot practice medicine again. If a trucker is negligent and causes an avoidable accident that's severe (like the loss of life or serious longterm injury) they can lose their commercial license and never drive trucks again.

But law enforcement officers are unique. If they fail at their jobs and end up unnecessarily killing an innocent person, or even a person who alleged committed crimes, there is often no consequence at all outside of being placed on paid or unpaid leave. Even for those that resign, they're often rehired by other departments. Because there is no accountability, and there needs to be.

But you're carrying water for these cops.
    But that still do not say what they should have done in the moment ? You are just spouting your rhetoric nonsense here.

What if they fail to de-escalate ? What should have they done ?

10+ Year Old Account
    When a teacher gets caught sexually assaulting a student, they pretty much never work as a teacher again.
    To make the point, since I'm a certified teacher myself and thus familiar with professional standards in that particular instance, if there's even a suspicion of sexual improprieties with a student, you're fired and your license to teach is permanently revoked; you will never teach at any school ever again. The only way to avoid this is to conclusively prove that the student is lying about what happened; they say you groped them in your office on Tuesday but you've got a camera that films everything and here's the footage and you can clearly see you never even get within arms reach of her at any point and you're never out of frame. That kind of thing. Short of that, you're fired and your license is revoked permanently.

Why? Because schools cannot take the chance that you're guilty. It doesn't matter if the case wouldn't hold up in court, anything short of complete exoneration is too high a risk to take.

Police departments should have the same minimal standards with regards to police brutality. Any whisper of a possibility of abuse? Fired. With cause. Barred from any law enforcement work anywhere, forever. Even if the complaint is probably a lie.

But that still do not say what they should have done in the moment ? You are just spouting your rhetoric nonsense here.
    Not a cop, it's not my job to know. But I can tell they failed at their job. Just as I don't need to be a commercial trucker to know that a truck driver who didn't pay attention to height limits and ran his load into a bridge failed.

What if they fail to de-escalate ? What should have they done ?
    Resigned.

Not a cop, it's not my job to know. But I can tell they failed at their job. Just as I don't need to be a commercial trucker to know that a truck driver who didn't pay attention to height limits and ran his load into a bridge failed.

Resigned.
    Sure sure, but on the moment ? Like we are very sorry, sir, we resigned ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I disagree. the rioters and looters are part of the movement. they are with in it and this is what the public see. Folks like that man who have their livelihoods destoryord are Real, they exist, and their experiences are being shared. How does it help black lives?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thee ANCOM View Post
    don't justify the lazy deflection with a response.
    Just hand wave away bad behaviour because YOU support it and encourage it.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."