Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    To me, that sounds like if a dps didn't use defensive cd's to help the group out (think smoke bomb, tranq, rallying, vamp embrace etc) because "when he's dpsing, he's dpsing period". You might be pretty damn good, but if you play your class at 60% effectiveness "just because you feel like it" you're what some people would call "actually not that good".
    I just smoke weed and play/enjoy WoW. I am good but I have nothing to prove to anyone as I am not a child anymore lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Doing dps is part of everyone’s role. If you refuse to do part of your job, then you’re not good at your job.

This pure healer bullshit it’s long gone. Every global cooldown should be used for something. If no healing is necessary then you should be using dps skills. We aren’t playing Classic anymore where you need to do nothing to reg mana.

Healing in WoW follows the same principle as healing in FF14 these days: ABC. Always Be Casting.

If you’re not doing that, then you’re not good.
    Whatever you think, you probably won't ever have to play with me anyways so don't worry about it haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    True but no one should expect it of the non DPS healers, that is one of the issues I am starting to see and that is annoying. Do not expect your healer to damage while in dungeons unless as a group you ask them to beforehand. To me that is super rude, the role is healing not DPS.
    And if insufficient damage is coming in to require healing, your role shouldn't default to "afk". That is akin to saying tanks shouldn't do anything beyond taking aggro and surviving, it isn't a particularly compelling argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    And if insufficient damage is coming in to require healing, your role shouldn't default to "afk". That is akin to saying tanks shouldn't do anything beyond taking aggro and surviving, it isn't a particularly compelling argument.
    You should not get mad though if they chose to just do their role and some assistive things like cc here and there. That is all I am saying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like youre just too lazy to weave dmg in between your heals.
    Last edited by Nnyco; 2020-08-25 at 07:08 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I just smoke weed and play/enjoy WoW. I am good but I have nothing to prove to anyone as I am not a child anymore lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever you think, you probably won't ever have to play with me anyways so don't worry about it haha.
    It doesn’t matter if I have to play with you or not. Someone has to play with you. Saying you are good doesn’t make you good. Using everything in your toolkit is what makes you good.

I am pretty damn good, but when I am healing I am healing period. Just because someone doesn't want to DPS while healing doesn't mean they aren't good, I have done it and can do it but I feel like I am working harder than everyone else when I do it, which I am, and any healer that DPS's while healing is working harder than everyone else in the group so it should not be expected or looked down upon. Blizzard should just make damage spells cost 2-3x more than they do now when in healing spec for the non disc healers and that would fix it pretty fast.
    Sounds like you are not as good as you think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have nothing to prove, then why do you mention weed out of the blue? Sounds like someone is insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Sounds like you are not as good as you think you are.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have nothing to prove, then why do you mention weed out of the blue? Sounds like someone is insecure.
    Nah I am pretty secure, I just don't have to prove anything when I am not playing with anyone I care about lol. Plus it is a game I have played for like 15 years, it sounds more like everyone replying to me are pretty elitist in general.

Nah I am pretty secure, I just don't have to prove anything when I am not playing with anyone I care about lol. Plus it is a game I have played for like 15 years, it sounds more like everyone replying to me are pretty elitist in general.
    Expecting players to press a button on every gcd while in combat is elitist?

Tanks are expected to be doing something for the entirety of combat.
    DPS are expected to do something for the entirety of combat.
    But healers should not be expected to do so ? They should just stand still if no healing is needed?

Let me ask you - if you do not want to DPS while you are a healer. What do you do when no damage is there to heal?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishlee View Post
    Let me ask you - if you do not want to DPS while you are a healer. What do you do when no damage is there to heal?
    Anticipate healing and ensure our relevant buffs (HoTs, procs, etc.) are kept up.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Anticipate healing and ensure our relevant buffs (HoTs, procs, etc.) are kept up.
    Slack, the word you are looking for is slack. You want to slack.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

So does that mean that as an affliction warlock I should not use my filler spell and just anticipate my procs/dots? It doesn't do much damage, so why press it right? KEKW

Quote Originally Posted by Squishlee View Post
    Smoke weed, talk to my friends, in some cases do work while I heal.

That’s what you do while dps’ing...

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah right let's add this stupid, ridiculous counter-intuitive damage decrease because you don't feel like pressing your dmg buttons when there's nothing to heal.

why is the purposed solution nerf the successful healers and not buff the unused ones to being viable? Why not have talents and abilities that Hpriest/Rshaman etc can take to deal dmg while they heal?

Yes. The move is to, obviously, apply a blanket aura nerf to everyone playing the game and changing how applying a weird set of nowhere-explained and nonsensical rules to a single section of the game. That's the sensible thing to do, that is highly reasonable.

You know, we could also just go ahead and nerf Resto Druid dps by like 40% if it's like 40% ahead of everyone else... but sure, we could also do your nonsensical thing as well. Just accept that balance will never be achieved and just force absolute state onto the playerbase - next stop would then be to cap each DDs' dps at 100 to finally get rid of every remaining problem. Oh the glorious, glorious game we'd be looking at if we were to listen to even more silly and batshit irrational people instead of the silly and batshit irrational devs we already have.

Healing should require using every gcd, just like tanking and dps.

Whether those globals are used on pure healing or a mixture of healing and dps seems irrelevant to me. I'd be fine if healing was more involved that it required a bigger focus on healing/control rather than allowing for dps in your rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

But how are you good if you play the character to 50% of potential? That's like a dps deciding not to use one of their abilities because they don't feel like it, doing about half the damage and then going in a fan forum and telling people that not only are they good, they also smoke weed?

What is this? 2006?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

If disc don't do any damage they don't do any healing

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    But how are you good if you play the character to 50% of potential? That's like a dps deciding not to use one of their abilities because they don't feel like it, doing about half the damage and then going in a fan forum and telling people that not only are they good, they also smoke weed?

What is this? 2006?
    Because I play better high than most people do sober I guess haha.