Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Blizzard screws the Loyalists over in Shadowlands

This is what light a fire in my belly.
    When the ending of BFA faction war happened I was pissed off at the mediocre writing, that Sylvannas' cry "You are all nothing." suddenly turns the whole Horde on her. But then I was like, "well, what's happened, happened I made my choices and when the time comes I'll stand where I stood" since I played the forsaken loyalist.
    And then this happens...

Blizzard can go faf itself with its ineptitude and creative bankruptcy.
    Esecially when they brag about "it's an RPG".

Good. That's what you get for supporting the villian.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Blizzard writters naively assumed that the Sylvanas' Loyalists, when confronted with her confirmation that they themselves, too, meant nothing to her, would have a change of heart and start questioning their allegiances.

I mean, the whole "pick your side" thing makes no sense in hindsight. At the begining of Shadowlands, who would still be loyal to her? She made it pretty clear she wants to destroy everyone and everything. If it doesn't bother you that your "queen" wants you dead as much as everyone else, why don't you kill yourself now, since you clearly don't care about your existence?

I'm sorry, I'm having trouble getting past the neckbeard of epic proportions on display here. I have to imagine that this guy's audience skews towards having more hair on their face than I do on my entire body.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I mean, the whole "pick your side" thing makes no sense in hindsight. At the begining of Shadowlands, who would still be loyal to her? She made it pretty clear she wants to destroy everyone and everything. If it doesn't bother you that your "queen" wants you dead as much as everyone else, why don't you kill yourself now, since you clearly don't care about your existence?
    What the absolute fuck?

It's a game, not real life... you should learn the difference, it's quite dangerous to conflate the two.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I too find it shocking that you can't choose the end the entire universe side in an MMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What the absolute fuck?

It's a game, not real life... you should learn the difference, it's quite dangerous to conflate the two.
    He's talking about in character, not IRL. Like "why doesn't the loyalists kill themselves since Sylvanus doesn't value their life".

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    This is what light a fire in my belly.
    When the ending of BFA faction war happened I was pissed off at the mediocre writing, that Sylvannas' cry "You are all nothing." suddenly turns the whole Horde on her. But then I was like, "well, what's happened, happened I made my choices and when the time comes I'll stand where I stood" since I played the forsaken loyalist.
    And then this happens...

Blizzard can go faf itself with its ineptitude and creative bankruptcy.
    Esecially when they brag about "it's an RPG".
    The loyalists were never a thing. It was just to quiet you people. They never had a story, never had a furute. The entire thing was because you had necrophylliac kiddies who were obsessed with sylvanus and her undead body, that is it.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-25 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    What the absolute fuck?

It's pretty clear that he was saying that the character should kill themselves, not the real-life human behind the computer.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    He's talking about in character, not IRL. Like "why doesn't the loyalists kill themselves since Sylvanus doesn't value their life".
    And how would you achieve that? how do you off your own character except deleting it? How would you experience the game if you delete it?

Obviously anyone who pick loyalist and traitor decides that's the storyline they want to experience... that's it. No value whatsoever of owns existence or not. If you pick or play a character who wants to end the world and inadvertently kill themselves you still need to have your character alive to experience said story arc until it's done.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2020-08-25 at 08:05 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Common sense would dictate that the loyalist choice was meaningless either way when seen through a gameplay perspective, this is a multiplayer game they wont turn half the faction hostile to each other like in a single player rpg, its meaningless flavor.....always has been.

Sylvanas loyalists deserve to be screwed over so Blizzard did a good job for once

Good. That's what you get for supporting the villian.
    I didn't support Anduin and the Anduinettes. Tyvm.

They already confirmed that their play-pretend "agency" wouldn't matter for shit in Shadowlands right at Blizzcon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    That whole arc was done because people were saying that this was just Garrosh 2.0.

I think the choice between Windrunner or Saurfang was a last minute implementation and that the end result was always going to remain the same. On reflection, it was a pointless thing to implement as Windrunner was always going to betray the Horde and the Horde would work together to try and track her down.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm having trouble getting past the neckbeard of epic proportions on display here. I have to imagine that this guy's audience skews towards having more hair on their face than I do on my entire body.
    Less trolling pls?

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-08-25 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I didn't support Anduin and the Anduinettes. Tyvm.
    Is Anduin trying to kill Azeroth? No?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hmmm, honestly not heavy handed enough. They should try harder to prove that lawful good is the only option.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, he is trying to create lawful good borg. Its more and more obvious that he is center of new hivemind society.

nice strawman. Come back when you have a legitimate argument.