Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Add to that the notion that Sylvanas' true goal is a known quantity now, and the fact that she tried to the have the Speaker of the Horde (the Horde PC) killed in Nazjatar as a means to further her goal, and it really seems to me like no one should really *want* to be a Loyalist now. I mean when your leader tries to personally arrange your death that's a pretty conclusive reason to no longer follow them.
    Some people are into being tortured
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love how so many assume that the only reason anyone would side with Sylvanas is because shes hot. I sided with Garrosh too, I just want to play a bad guy. I knew Blizzard wasn't really giving me a choice with that quest chain but it would be nice to see some player agency in the story. I don't know why they are so invested in turning the Horde into Alliance-lite. I think they had the perfect balance in Cataclysm but just went and ruined it all with Mists and now again with BfA.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

Good. The Lich Bitch and her loyalists don't deserve anything anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a loyalist, I joined not because of Sylvannas, but the idea that there is something more to it. Then you are also loyal to the horde or not. Everyone who chose varok are not apart of the horde, but are merely alliance puppets. That is the truth. Its the same way I felt with Garrosh. Now, every leader has the right to claim makgora with said warchief. If they win, congrats, Im loyal to them. But going behind the back and allying with the enemy? yea, no.

And then, more than likely, im also on the right side of the "war." Lets be real here, as Blizzard writing is so shit and telling that there are 2 options available. Either A, Sylvannas has been do this to save the world yatta yatta and goes full kerrigan or becomes the new jailer or some shit (lets call this good ending) or B she has no depth and is going to die in either a dungeon, 2nd raid (nighthold like guldan), another raid, or saved for a rainy day (sargares).

I am betting on A here. Why? Cause it is by far the obvious storyline. They completely assassinated Sylvannas' character, a very popular and well loved character for the gimmick of a raid boss? I dont think so. But hey, maybe I am giving Blizzard's shitty writing to much credit that they are going to pull a kerrigan.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well you're nothing to her, she thinks she can handle everything on her own now, you're only a participant in the ever developing story, you''ll have to adapt to a new reality or stick to roleplaying on classic. I reckon she's lined up to be the final raidboss of SL, like it or not.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It was supposed to I guess? Did people really think Blizzard would completely change the story if they cried hard enough?
    blizzard changes the story all the time. they keep rectoning stuff every 5 seconds to fit their crap vision.
    i feel bad for Metzen, current writing team is destroying everything.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

What about choice with consequence? Isn't that an essential part of the MMORP? That's what I keep hearing with regard to Class Covenant abilities and signature abilities. At least this - story choice - does NOT, I repeat does NOT affect competitive game play or your integration with WOW culture. Some players made the wrong choice, a bad choice, it happens, I strongly believe it's a good thing.

Loyalists did get their own "ending" when they interact with her personally after Orgrimmar.

It's fine, I mean it was a let down Blizz didn't do anything with it, but the most likely chance was that they wouldn't. Getting annoyed over the way they ended the "split" would be like taking not winning the lottery personally.
    Shit alliance didn't get anything, not that anyone cares.

It's quite clear they didn't have the focus/resources on 8.3 that they thought they would have at the start of bfa. Feels sorta like when they abandoned wod. I also think that this is why the sylvanas loyalist route had such a non ending.

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    blizzard changes the story all the time. they keep rectoning stuff every 5 seconds to fit their crap vision.
    i feel bad for Metzen, current writing team is destroying everything.
    Metzen's the one who brought that writing style over to begin with. Making cool shit up as he went along was all he did, and writers found it easy to work under him precisely because he didn't give a shit about continuity and would OK more or less anything he liked at the present moment regardless of the implications.

People acting like constant retcons, characters turning on dimes and storylines being clumsily handled are new haven't been paying attention IMO. That's been the standard for more or less all of Warcraft save parts of WC3 (which was crammed full of retcons itself), some of the external material, and the good parts of good xpacks like Wrath or Mists.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Krimzin View Post
    I ran across a post from a Q&A Tester from a year ago. He goes over a whole list of things that will be changing in the future of WoW. Here are a couple that are relevant to this post.

-Faction revamp - The Alliance and Horde are fractured, and the lines between allies and enemies have been blurred.
    -Horde and Alliance can now chat, trade, join communities, and group with each other (Some restrictions will exist, like Mythic raiding, which will follow current Cross Realm rules)
    -Opposing faction capital cities and their associated factions are now neutral, and rep can be earned to improve your standing with them.
    -There is still a core Horde faction, led by Sylvanas, and a core Alliance faction, led by Tyrande

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...the_real_leak/

You will notice, some of the things he said a year ago are happening in Shadowlands. Nor sure if all of it will but who knows.
    You do know that's all a load of crock, right? Because that same guy also affirms that:

• N'Zoth's plan would culminate in all Old Gods being released;
    • The level squish is an actual IC thing "de-powering" our characters and not just a game mechanic change;
    • All zones being either revamped or blocked off;
    • 4th spec for shamans;
    • Librams/totems/idols/etc returning as actual equipable gear;
    • Guild halls;
    New class: tinker!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Given that this video is made by one person and not some hivemind of your personal boogemen in the form of Sylvanas' fans, that confirms squat about them. It only confirms your biases and prejudiced nature.
    The video may have been made by a single person. But have you taken a look at the comment section? Many, if not the overwhelming majority agree with the video's points. Click to enlarge:

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    And how would you achieve that? how do you off your own character except deleting it? How would you experience the game if you delete it?

Obviously anyone who pick loyalist and traitor decides that's the storyline they want to experience... that's it. No value whatsoever of owns existence or not. If you pick or play a character who wants to end the world and inadvertently kill themselves you still need to have your character alive to experience said story arc until it's done.
    Dude, get a grip, not everything should be taken so literal.

I stuck with sylvannas as it was too obvious what would happen already. I knew where saurfang would lead too. went for sylvannas expecting (with little hope ofc from blizz writers) something surprising but well yeah...

also did not remove the eye of nzoth on my head too. still waiting if something will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Skayth View Post
    As a loyalist, I joined not because of Sylvannas, but the idea that there is something more to it. Then you are also loyal to the horde or not. Everyone who chose varok are not apart of the horde, but are merely alliance puppets. That is the truth. Its the same way I felt with Garrosh. Now, every leader has the right to claim makgora with said warchief. If they win, congrats, Im loyal to them. But going behind the back and allying with the enemy? yea, no.

And then, more than likely, im also on the right side of the "war." Lets be real here, as Blizzard writing is so shit and telling that there are 2 options available. Either A, Sylvannas has been do this to save the world yatta yatta and goes full kerrigan or becomes the new jailer or some shit (lets call this good ending) or B she has no depth and is going to die in either a dungeon, 2nd raid (nighthold like guldan), another raid, or saved for a rainy day (sargares).

I am betting on A here. Why? Cause it is by far the obvious storyline. They completely assassinated Sylvannas' character, a very popular and well loved character for the gimmick of a raid boss? I dont think so. But hey, maybe I am giving Blizzard's shitty writing to much credit that they are going to pull a kerrigan.
    You keep talking as if Alliance is the enemy, but the only reason this retarded war started in the first place was because Sylvanas was an insecure bitch in before the storm. Whoever sided with saurfang had a brain to realise that this war is not the Horde's, but Sylvanas' stupid war.

There was literally no reason to start a war with the Alliance since... I don't know? After banding together a billion times to save azeroth?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The video may have been made by a single person. But have you taken a look at the comment section? Many, if not the overwhelming majority agree with the video's points. Click to enlarge:
    The video has whooping 289 comments. Now. Most likely had even less when you wrote this comment. By your own admission, not every one of them shares the view of the youtuber. And given the fact that the guy has a sliver of the subscriptions of popular WoW youtubers, chances are the people that stick with him in particular do so because they share his view on things, making it obvious that the comment section of his videos would be slanted towards his outlook. Which is neither here nor there in regards to Sylvanas fans in general.

And let's be real, the person I was replying to was quite obviously referring to how the guy looks. There's a reason why the part where they talked about their view on loyalist choice didn't mention any of those suspicions they had about Sylvanas fans and why it was a separate paragraph from that remark (divided by two empty lines to boot).

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    You keep talking as if Alliance is the enemy, but the only reason this retarded war started in the first place was because Sylvanas was an insecure bitch in before the storm. Whoever sided with saurfang had a brain to realise that this war is not the Horde's, but Sylvanas' stupid war.

There was literally no reason to start a war with the Alliance since... I don't know? After banding together a billion times to save azeroth?
    Two of the few instances of the factions banding together resulted in Alliance attacking the Horde despite an ongoing apocalypse (Varian declaring war in WotLK, Greymane and Rogers attacking the Forsaken fleet in Legion). On top of that, the very reason why Sylvanas could march her troops through Ashenvale unopposed is because Tyrande sent her forces to Silithus. To pick a fight with the Horde, because Alliance decided the Horde needs their permission to mine shit in Silithus. Peace with the Alliance is inherently worthless to the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly presumed that that agency, choice, choose your adventure thing was an experimental try out and not taken seriously, the same way I treat the story in this game to an extent, depending on some things.

The players know we aren't going to be able to affect an MMO world with quest choices, otherwise we'd all be phased into different splices of the game at any given moment, aka, the DK starting scenario.
    It was just a nice flavor thing...

10+ Year Old Account
    They already confirmed that their play-pretend "agency" wouldn't matter for shit in Shadowlands right at Blizzcon.
    This. They already mentioned Loyalist/Rebel story decisions wouldn't be revisited in Shadowlands (I assume because the Loyalists understand there's bigger fish to fry when death itself stops working right, from a Watsonian POV, and from a Doylist POV it's because they're consolidating plot arcs as much as possible to minimize development time).

Also, between 8.2.5, 8.3, and Shadows Rising I think the lore is pointing in the direction of just about all of Sylvanas's loyalists turning on her when she threw 'em to the wolves, or going deep-cover for the true believers. Going deep-cover means your character will do what they have to to maintain their cover, and the game mechanics behind WoW means that there's pretty much a zero-percent chance the devs are going to let you side with Sylvanas and help the Jailer do whatever it is he's doing.

Unfortunately, that's just the way of things with the medium. If Warcraft had become a series of single-player RPGs a la Baldur's Gate, we could have actually seen some interesting plot hooks arise from the decisions the players make, and this hypothetical Shadowlands could have a hidden ending for those who stay a Loyalist. Instead, by necessity the players are going to fight and beat the bad guy, because if the world ends there's no more profit.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadowhunter View Post
    This is what light a fire in my belly.
    When the ending of BFA faction war happened I was pissed off at the mediocre writing, that Sylvannas' cry "You are all nothing." suddenly turns the whole Horde on her. But then I was like, "well, what's happened, happened I made my choices and when the time comes I'll stand where I stood" since I played the forsaken loyalist.
    And then this happens...

Blizzard can go faf itself with its ineptitude and creative bankruptcy.
    Esecially when they brag about "it's an RPG".
    ok. i watched this video.

3 things:

1)
    this guy should really grow up. he acted 12 mins like „omg, i expected great lore and story but found that Blizz give a shit and simply do whatever floats their boats and make most profit“ and he go like „Why?“. Cheesus Christ.

2)
    Every 12 year old kid saw this comin, because it was obvious when you look at how fukin bad Blizzards writing is, since years. But this guy obviously missed the party. Tomorrow he will wake up like „omg, i just not realized Blizz no longer cater to diehard fans like me, since a decade. omg...“ ... or... what ? Cheesus Christ 2.

3)
    this video guy really needs quickly 5 things:
    - going out into the real world and get some RL
    - move up his roller blind and open his window
    - a shave and a bath
    - a nice cup of reality
    - less drugs and a less nerdy gaming mindset

but thats just my opinion.

The video has whooping 289 comments. Now. Most likely had even less when you wrote this comment. By your own admission, not every one of them shares the view of the youtuber. And given the fact that the guy has a sliver of the subscriptions of popular WoW youtubers, chances are the people that stick with him in particular do so because they share his view on things, making it obvious that the comment section of his videos would be slanted towards his outlook. Which is neither here nor there in regards to Sylvanas fans in general.
    It doesn't matter. Your post implied that this guy's opinion is isolated. That his opinion does not represent how the loyalist players feel. The comment section shows otherwise, considering how they're agreeing with him. Yes, less than 300 comments, but still, the majority of those comment agree with the video's opinion.

And let's be real, the person I was replying to was quite obviously referring to how the guy looks. There's a reason why the part where they talked about their view on loyalist choice didn't mention any of those suspicions they had about Sylvanas fans and why it was a separate paragraph from that remark (divided by two empty lines to boot).
    Um... no. The poster you replied has not made a single mention about how the guy in the video looks, or even how the "loyalist" players look. At all. I mean, I'll even repost their post in the entirety, to reiterate:
    This video confirms a lot of suspicions I had about Sylvanas' fans.

It's incredible that people would want to side with a character that not only not cares about them but is actively working towards their damnation and has abandoned everyone who was loyal to her. Crying about Blizzard not providing an option to further side with the mustache twirling villain now that every shade of grey has been washed out is just ridiculous levels of cope.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post

The war was started because Sylvanas needed to send souls to the Jailer.

It was covered in the books.