Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This thread can be summed up as "Twitter-brand bandwagon nerds argue over something they'll forget about a week after the movie releases"

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Exactly. They really need to find the people who really embody the hero they're playing or, at least, keep one single idea for the hero. Like I liked the idea of Affleck's Batman as an old, jaded cruel Batman and Affleck seemed ready to go for multiple movies more to do it. Nope. 2 movies, get the fuck out.

Hopefully they keep Patterson around for more than 1 movie.
    Why, he's a terrible actor

Quote Originally Posted by Stardrift View Post
    This thread can be summed up as "Twitter-brand bandwagon nerds argue over something they'll forget about a week after the movie releases"
    Well, welcome to the bandwagon then, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    It's meh to me. I am tired of reboots (what is this? 3rd or 4th?). Just stick to one iteration of the character.
    There will be a new Batman and Spider-Man at least every 10 years until the end of time.

I don't mind it as long as each incarnation has a story that wraps up and they are somewhat distinct, the Amazing Spider-Man is a clear violation of the rule.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    There will be a new Batman and Spider-Man at least every 10 years until the end of time.

I don't mind it as long as each incarnation has a story that wraps up and they are somewhat distinct, the Amazing Spider-Man is a clear violation of the rule.
    And thus why i stop caring.

I don't mind if they change the actor, but if the story doesn't stay consistant you are basically watching the same movie all over again. It gets boring.
    I don't want to watch another Spiderman or Batman origin story, i want to see the characters grow and for new things to happen.

I don't think this one is for me. The casting might have fit better for a night hawk or spiderman, I don't really see batman here. Especially the scene near the start in the office/crime scene was kinda bad imho, as batman looked just out of place and out of his element there among those old men. It looked like a teenager was wearing a batman suit. It will take ALOT of acting chops to create some sort of presence with that look. The story could salvage it, especially if it is a thrilling detective story, but that remains to be seen.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Exactly. They really need to find the people who really embody the hero they're playing or, at least, keep one single idea for the hero. Like I liked the idea of Affleck's Batman as an old, jaded cruel Batman and Affleck seemed ready to go for multiple movies more to do it. Nope. 2 movies, get the fuck out.

Hopefully they keep Patterson around for more than 1 movie.
    Affleck is still playing batman. He is returning to the role in the flashpoint movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    Why, he's a terrible actor
    He is a good actor.

Your opinion is wrong and unimportant.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    And thus why i stop caring.

I don't mind if they change the actor, but if the story doesn't stay consistant you are basically watching the same movie all over again. It gets boring.
    I don't want to watch another Spiderman or Batman origin story, i want to see the characters grow and for new things to happen.
    So much this.

I'm 44. I was in my tweens when Burton did the 'first' iteration with Keaton as Batman. I've ridden through ALL THE DECADES SINCE. AND ALL WE GET IS THE SAME EFFIN STORY retold upteen times from the beginning. Worse than Spiderman, at least Spiderman has been doing it for less decades =D.

I'm done with both of those characters. And I was/am a HUGE Burton Batman fan (one of the posters I was allowed to hang in my room). We've seen this - through upteen movies, a now defunct tv show - all DC ever seems to want to do for the last 50 years is focus on the same 2 or 3 heroes and retelling their story OVER and OVER time and again instead of just "continuing adventures."

I've nothing against the 'younger' Batman being played by Pattinson. I have no complaints about the eyeliner (cuz black mask) or the "emo" look (Batman not emo? HA! lol).

I have complaints that they're DOING THIS AGAIN.

Puhheleasseeeee... More Justice League, more Superman, more Wonder Woman, more ANYONE ELSE in the DC Verse than MORE SAME BATMAN STORY?

Superman is owed at least 3 more origin movies, and Wonder Woman has about 5 or 6 to go before they get close to burning out Hollywood if the "Batman/Spiderman" movie logic is to be believed.

Do they not get that Marvel went big when they stopped focusing on the same story every 4 years and actually created a WORLD of Heroes following growing character development through multiple sequels to each one (practically) BEFORE the "Avenger" group movie - and it all worked because they spent more than a decade building it.

You'll never get there with Batman and Spiderman Reboots honey... you should have learned this already.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Affleck is still playing batman. He is returning to the role in the flashpoint movie.

- - - Updated - - -

He is a good actor.

Your opinion is wrong and unimportant.
    Well, you know what I mean. He was gone for a bit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Probably for a small part..similar to his appearance in Suicide Squad. He's not back to being Batman in any long term sense.

Overall I found the teaser trailer interesting and it got me excited to see the movie. The suits design is rather nice though being based on year two I would of expected it to have a more finalized / complete looking design rather still looking a bit thrown together.

I gotta say though, I still hold my original opinion that he would of made a much better Terry McGinnis / Batman than a Bruce Wayne / Batman for a Batman Beyond movie rather just going with another normal Batman reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post
    I gotta say though, I still hold my original opinion that he would of made a much better Terry McGinnis / Batman than a Bruce Wayne / Batman for a Batman Beyond movie rather just going with another normal Batman reboot.
    While a Batman Beyond movie, instead of just another regular-old Batman reboot, would have been great, I feel compelled to point out that McGinnis is Wayne's son. So it's kind of funny that people think Pattinson (who is playing a young Bruce Wayne) would have been better playing...a young Bruce Wayne.

The music transitions from Nirvana to almost the Darth Vader theme right at the end, it's missing a note in the middle but the overall effect is the same.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Reason Nolan's batman movies where great was due to Bale, who is a fantastic character actor.
    Guess what.. so is pattinson, Lost City of Z, The Rover, Good Time, The lighthouse.. telling you this guy is a fantastic character actor. And if you think he cant pull of a Wayne?, Cosmopolis isn't one of his best, but in that movie he is the redeeming factor.

And the sole reason they went with Nirvana for the trailer is to underscore the fact that they are going for a gritty film noiresque approach.

Im looking forward to seeing it.

Im just happy they are finally focusing on the detective part of Batman.

The animated series has done it better than the movies where he actually treats the bad guy of the week like police are supposed to treat crime, and gather evidence, study it to understand it, then ultimately take them down with that knowledge

Not just stealth in then do a big action set piece and 1v1 a room full of dudes
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    Reason Nolan's batman movies where great was due to Bale, who is a fantastic character actor.
    Guess what.. so is pattinson, Lost City of Z, The Rover, Good Time, The lighthouse.. telling you this guy is a fantastic character actor. And if you think he cant pull of a Wayne?, Cosmopolis isn't one of his best, but in that movie he is the redeeming factor.

And the sole reason they went with Nirvana for the trailer is to underscore the fact that they are going for a gritty film noiresque approach.

Im looking forward to seeing it.
    I'm a fan of Bale as well...but the reason Christopher Nolan's movies are great is because of Christopher Nolan.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    While a Batman Beyond movie, instead of just another regular-old Batman reboot, would have been great, I feel compelled to point out that McGinnis is Wayne's son. So it's kind of funny that people think Pattinson (who is playing a young Bruce Wayne) would have been better playing...a young Bruce Wayne.
    Pattinson looks way more like Mcginnis and Mcginnis starts out as Batman more than a decade younger than Bruce Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Pattinson looks way more like Mcginnis and Mcginnis starts out as Batman more than a decade younger than Bruce Wayne
    Which is more than a decade younger than Pattinson is...

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Oh please. The way he wails on that dude before he says "I'm vengeance" is the most 'opposite of sissy' Batman has ever been in one of these films.
    uh what are you smoking..... He looks EXTREMELY soft. His voice is even soft. He looks gaunt as Bruce Wayne, nowhere near the playboy or athlete/fighter Bruce Wayne/Batman is. Might be one of the worst castings ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Pattinson is 34. McGinnis was in high school...