Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I really couldn't care less. I probably had when I started playing this game 15 years ago though....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Humans: Leaders, compromising
    Dwarves: Sad, lonely
    Gnomes: Sympathetic, noobish
    Nelves: Friendly, idealistic
    Draenei: Supportive, mediater
    Worgen: Charismatic, persuasive
    Pandaren: Memers, pleasers
    Orcs: Impatient, fair
    Trolls: Patient, Internet Culture
    Tauren: Wise, slow
    Undead: Gankers, blunt
    Belf: Enthusiasts, clique-bound
    Goblins: Angry, tired

Started noticing in Legion that I actually do. I thought of just going Human to get the rep perk for all my alts of different classes but realized I should give the other races a chance so I can play the other options a little bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Trolls are so fucking ugly.
    You take that back.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    In my own experience Tauren are played by young kids
    Tauren hunter with taunt ON, there you go
    I thought those were BE, and especially NE Hunters with names like xxxLegolahsxxx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Gnomes will always be the worst.
    Amen brother/sister. Fortunately there are very few of them... Unless there are a lot of them running around unnoticed
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I can judge the player behind the character simply by his race

But I sure as hell can dislike void elves
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

nah. i have speciesism. it's not like im a zand troll and hate ZA trolls.

Nah. I'm a cow who hates gnomes. Not racism.

When playing Horde, generally skeptical of tauren males and increasingly Zandalari.
    When playing Alliance, void and night elf males.

Nothing to do with the races honestly, just the players in a very general sense.

I totally do but I think it has to do with some bad experience with a player playing a specific race and class combination.

Can't nail them down but I do feel it when in arena or pvp:ing against them :P
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

It is funny that when people share about their lifes, people who play pandaren always are.. well not physically active and not exactly achievers in life.

Worgen had surprising amount of higher education.

OCD and "hardcore" seem to just pick race that is currently best for what they are focusing or at least in top 3.

Of course this is just small sample.

On my personal views, I dislike bigger races. Taurens and fatsos. Always standing on top of something and getting in way.
    Working customer support really has made me support genocides.

I don`t like Trolls, they are irritating

15years of getting ganked by the Horde has made me recent every Horderace...

I have a strong dislike for Orcs, they are terrible warmongers.

Quote Originally Posted by gmottola View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm the guy who race changes my character every month, because I kinda love most of the races of WoW and I cant pick one.
    At this moment, I'm applying to many guilds as a raider, trying to find a good Mythic raiding spot, and I started to have some toughts like:
    "So, may the fact that I play a Gnome Hunter do ANY changes in the mind of the person who is reading my application?"

Then that tought expanded to more stuff, like..
    "Do you have more respect for the player who play a certain race?"

And I found myself thinking about the races I most underestimate and overestimate in the game.

Normally, I kinda think Pandaren Females might be better players than Night Elf Males.
    Or sometimes I think I would expect more from a Undead Female than from a Orc Male.
    I have a friend who says he thinks most Tauren seem to be bad players because they are chosen by new players who doesnt understand much abou the game and think that the "bigger" race may be the stronger one.

OFC nothing of this makes a real sense, and most of this could come from experiences I had with other players who played certain races, but..

What about YOU?
    Do you think you have any kind of playable race prejudice?
    Is there a playable race you think veteran or new players are most found of?
    What playable race makes you think "this guy should be good" without even looking at logs or inspecting at all?

Edit: Put some "playable" before the "race" words to make sure people dont think i'm talking about RL race.
    People play different races and classes for a reason, they like different things, those that play various characters like different things about different races, but generally speaking we could assume some things about some races or classes.

Those who play Pandas are furries, Undead like the cool aspect of playing a really badass character, Orcs and Taurens like strong people, female blood elves and trolls like sexy women. Male blood elves are metrosexual.

Not everyone plays for role play, some do it to try something new, for meta reasons, or for some racial that they enjoy.

We could say the same for classes, Paladins lack confidence, Warlocks like pets, Warrior are bodybuilders (if they aren't they would like to and lack the will)...

I'm Alliance but I find Human and Dwarf players boring.

I think anyone who plays any Horde race does so because of issues they may have had as children for being rejects or misfits.

If you play a Blood Elf you're just a person who identifies with th misfit (world against me) attitude and wanted the most human looking race on that faction.

If you play a Draenei, Night Elf, Pandaren, Worgen, Void Elf, or LF Draenei I think you're an innately good person with intelligence and an eye for perfection.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    The only race change I ever bought was to change a Tauren pally (referred to as my cow pally) to a Belf. I suffer thru on my original druid because I didn't have a choice....Troll or none. At least my new druid can stand up straight.....but has toes showing. Best I could do.... Meanwhile my wife just plays her Vanilla Nelf druid with .....upright posture.....and nice jump flip..... and covered toes. I still mutter curses at Alliance under my breath when I play mine.
    Stay safe and have fun!!

It's always weird to me when so many people have so many races to choose from, and yet humans are always one of the most popular races. So I kind of assume that most human players either do it for the racials, or are very boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    I naturally assume people playing humans have intellectual shortcomings and people who play undead a morbid disturbance. the only two races I wont play. I may try undead when they have the 'no bones showing' option though. humans however will presumably always look like spazzes with sticks up their butts.

Quote Originally Posted by gmottola View Post
    Hello everyone!

I'm the guy who race changes my character every month, because I kinda love most of the races of WoW and I cant pick one.
    At this moment, I'm applying to many guilds as a raider, trying to find a good Mythic raiding spot, and I started to have some toughts like:
    "So, may the fact that I play a Gnome Hunter do ANY changes in the mind of the person who is reading my application?"

Then that tought expanded to more stuff, like..
    "Do you have more respect for the player who play a certain race?"

And I found myself thinking about the races I most underestimate and overestimate in the game.

Normally, I kinda think Pandaren Females might be better players than Night Elf Males.
    Or sometimes I think I would expect more from a Undead Female than from a Orc Male.
    I have a friend who says he thinks most Tauren seem to be bad players because they are chosen by new players who doesnt understand much abou the game and think that the "bigger" race may be the stronger one.

OFC nothing of this makes a real sense, and most of this could come from experiences I had with other players who played certain races, but..

What about YOU?
    Do you think you have any kind of playable race prejudice?
    Is there a playable race you think veteran or new players are most found of?
    What playable race makes you think "this guy should be good" without even looking at logs or inspecting at all?

Edit: Put some "playable" before the "race" words to make sure people dont think i'm talking about RL race.
    Yes. I think Orcs are the most stupid race ever written in any fantasy setting. War war war war. The way most of them are written they should have been exterminated years ago because the do nothing but want war and are hilariously arrogant and oblivious.

They and the undead are the only reason factions even exist anymore.

Edit: Missinterpreted the post: Gnomes... if you play a gnome you lost control of your life

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a fan of Zandalari trolls, to me they look likethe race all 12 yos would pick out of a heat beat. I think it is the way they designed them, they made them look so neat and pumped... I know that Zandalari trolls are sort of "high trolls", but they are ... too shiny? Like the Mercedes or Audi many low lifers drain their economy on through massive leasing contracts lol.

There you go! my class prejudices! xD

But in a more real down to Earth note, obviously, I don´t think that way of all the players who pick them, not at all. I don´t care, it is mostly what I think behind their design.