So do we get release date tomorrow on Gamescom?
    Yay or nay?
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    talents that should be baseline
    This right here is the most annoying and frustrating thing of Blizzard's new design philosophy. Making old baseline stuff into talents feels absolutely terrible.

Pretty much yay at this point.
    I AM MY SCARS!
    -Illidan, Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean..yeah I always expected the Helm to be reforged.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    So do we get release date tomorrow on Gamescom?
    Yay or nay?
    100% sure, if not, Blizzard is totally out of the world

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    This right here is the most annoying and frustrating thing of Blizzard's new design philosophy. Making old baseline stuff into talents feels absolutely terrible.
    I wouldnt say it is always a terrible idea. Sometimes an ability is more suited to being a talent than being baseline. Though sometimes you get the impression that Blizzard is gutting a class to pad out the talent tree.
    The Survival harpoon reset talent is probably the worst offender. An ability that is taken for granted by other classes is arbitrarily not given to Survival hunters baseline, and instead ot get it they are not just expected to pick it as a talent, but also as a really shitty DPS talent. It honestly boggles the mind, you start wondering whether anyone on the design team has ever even played Survival, or if they just changed it back in Legion and left it at that.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Helm is reforged in launch patch, Sylvanas, Helya and Kel'thuzad are all hanging with the Jailer in the Maw. We already have the Maw Raid armor.

Maybe this is a shorter expansion? I'm sure the Broker realm will be explored but it doesn't look like there's much being set up, unless the story doesn't end with the attack on the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Helm is reforged in launch patch, Sylvanas, Helya and Kel'thuzad are all hanging with the Jailer in the Maw. We already have the Maw Raid armor.

Maybe this is a shorter expansion? I'm sure the Broker realm will be explored but it doesn't look like there's much being set up, unless the story doesn't end with the attack on the Maw.
    the "Maw raid armor" is just the legendary item transmog, not the actual maw raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    the "Maw raid armor" is just the legendary item transmog, not the actual maw raid.
    There's multiple tints of it and that is its file name. It's very likely going to be used for that purpose, unless that is when class tier sets are introduced and it was just the original idea to reward another location-based armor during that raid.

Even still, the idea of a Maw raid doesn't NEED to be said. It is incredibly likely.

7+ Year Old Account
    There's multiple tints of it and that is its file name. It's very likely going to be used for that purpose, unless that is when class tier sets are introduced and it was just the original idea to reward another location-based armor during that raid.

Even still, the idea of a Maw raid doesn't NEED to be said. It is incredibly likely.
    The other tints could be used for upgrading your legendary to the newest raid (so 9.1, 9.2, 9.3).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Blizzard commented on this, saying the "Maw raid" items were just legendary items. I'm not denying the existence of a Maw raid, but the items (despite having different tints) will most likely just be legendary.
    Personally I think the other tints will be introduced through newly added legendaries.

It's very possible we may also only spend 2/3 of the expansion in the Shadowlands and the last 1/3 is in Icecrown trying to close the Ghostse hole

File names are often outdated in game dvelopment.

So the designs were originally planned for Maw Raid, and the items were named accordingly. Then the plans changed (Class Tier sets got reintroduced) and they changed the usage for the Maw Raid armor. Because nobody playing the game will ever see internal filenames like that, there is no need to change the filenames.

(BTW, original Undead player models were called scourge.m2 and scourgefemale.m2)

I fully expect that we'll be seeing other realms in Shadowlands, or atleast one other.
    Who are the shamans talking to when they're speaking to the ancestral spirits? There must be some sort of Shaman realm.

7+ Year Old Account
    I get shadow was in dire need of changes and disc is popular, but they could really give holy some love...

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...n-shadowlands/

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

[video=youtube;jW0Vuh3PKUU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW0Vuh3PKUU[video]
    Holy shit, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    You will see in few weeks, it will be something like that:

Narrator: "Our mission is to help souls attone for their sins..."
    *shot on tortured Garrosh*
    Garrosh: "I REGRET NUFFIN!"
    Narrator: "...but sadly, we can't save everyone."
    *Garrosh shot to Maw with catapult*
    Reminded me of this,

I am visualizing my paladin hugging his flail right now. Thank god he is wearing plate.
    Shadowlands is now officially awesome.

Oh god I just realized. You can make a fury warrior that dual wields the prot flail.
    I really, really wish I had acquired that appearance when available. I skipped it since I didn't like the shield

I am visualizing my paladin hugging his flail right now. Thank god he is wearing plate.
    Shadowlands is now officially awesome.

Oh god I just realized. You can make a fury warrior that dual wields the prot flail.
    Oh my god, that's true.

First the wand thing, now this...SL is the best.

7+ Year Old Account
    It already has done more than one pass on quite a few classes I think. But yeah, there is a need for more work. But at least we can be reasonably hopeful compared to after Blizzcon when Ion told us that classes would only receive minor changes.
    There goes "LoL bliZz wONT dO anY majOR ClaSs CHAnGeS" crowd.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

One of the best things is that you can wield the Doomhammer in both hands now. I honestly hated the spirit weapon thing you summoned out of nowhere in order to dual wield. Especially as it would only appear if you were fighting, no sheathing, so it felt off.