Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    which servers have over 5 times the original pop? which servers are you comparing and what are their player counts?
    All the big ones. It's common knowledge. Not gonna look up the exact numbers for it to be called fake news, I don't play that game online anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    All the big ones. It's common knowledge. Not gonna look up the exact numbers for it to be called fake news, I don't play that game online anymore.
    Ah right, you are going with the "trust me" argument. Tight. Its just that you made quite a specific claim, and dont seem to be able to support it in any way at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Many players? Sure bud. Some realms have less then 50 people on 1 side of the faction on PEAK times. Lulz
    Yea, the problem with this arguement is that it doesn't say anything about server population.

They probably have 5000+ of the other faction on at a single time.

Scrolled up a couple days in my Guild discord for "proof". This was Monday night at 6pm, not a prime raid night for most guilds.

There's reports of an increased server cap as there as of this second no queues when there normally would be by this time (4pm Wednesday) but nothing's been confirmed by Blue posts.

And to reiterate before people say "just transfer 4head". There's only 2 Oceanic PvP servers, one of which only opened 2 weeks after the first one filled during name reservations. Not many people wanted to go through the hassle of trying for their names again on a server that we all knew was going to have the overfill and be mostly dead after a couple months.

There were no queue problems after launch hype died until BWL was released which is to be expected for new content.

Then Covid happened, and the entire country was forced to stay home (half of it still is). This brought a huge amount of people that had quit earlier back, and a ton of new people who'd put off playing it due to time constraints.

Since the first lockdowns in Australia happened there have been consistent queues in the thousands whenever layers are removed.

This is ~8 months after Classic launched, BWL is on farm and the prospect of transferring to a new server means either dropping all connections and friends you've made on Arugal or convincing your entire raid team to transfer as well. Obviously that's not a choice many people are going to make at this point in the game.

Now it's happened again. AQ gates opened on Arugal 2 weeks ago now and is 1 of 2 Oceanic servers to open them (the other is PvE). This brought massive amounts of people back to experience the opening, and play AQ. It was manageable just fine with 2 layers. Now they drop the second layer AND open transfers so all the people on Felstriker (the other PvP realm) who don't want to wait another 3 weeks for the gates to open can just transfer here to play it. Since Felstriker's pretty dead anyway it's not a hard choice for anyone struggling to fill raids or even get a team together to move to the high pop server.

I'm also fairly sure new characters can be made now too, which leads to a swarm of new bots to bloat the server even more. (Maybe not, I've seen no info one way or the other)

Ah right, you are going with the "trust me" argument. Tight. Its just that you made quite a specific claim, and dont seem to be able to support it in any way at all.
    /Shrug. Not my fault the internet is the way it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Wait, so if you're late for an AFL game, get stuck in a queue at the entrance and miss the first half, they also have to issue you a refund? Asking for a friend.
    How can you be late for a server?

- - - Updated - - -

100% wrong - they absolutely CAN access what they are paying for, and there is ZERO doubt about that. There are countless alternatives to that one server, it is their decision to sit in a queue instead of xfering or rolling on a new server. Sorry, but you are entirely wrong here.
    I don't know where you're from, but it doesn't sound like Australia. Arugal was working fine with layers, then Blizzard changed it and it wasn't. Saying "reroll on another server lul" isn't a legal defense, and neither is having to pay additional money for a transfer.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know where you're from, but it doesn't sound like Australia. Arugal was working fine with layers, then Blizzard changed it and it wasn't. Saying "reroll on another server lul" isn't a legal defense, and neither is having to pay additional money for a transfer.
    No sympathy for the Classic crowd.

Blizzard basically had to promise to remove layering gamewide after a point in order to even use the tech without people loosing their collective shirts. Now that they are fulfilling what the community WANTED the community is losing their collective shirts anyways and basically begging Blizzard to reinstate layering. The irony is palpable.

Just other example of this community eating its own arm and blaming blizzard for it.

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejavuproned View Post
    Just other example of this community eating its own arm and blaming blizzard for it.
    No, it's an example of loud assholes being listened to by Blizzard and there being unforseen consequences. Blizzard should really shut down its forums to anything that isn't technical support.
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy. You're stuck in the queue = you're late for the server. If you were there on time there wouldn't have been a queue.

/Shrug. Not my fault the internet is the way it is.
    It's got nothing to do with the internet. It's just you. Either you don't understand the term common knowledge or you're just lying to try to look more credible. There's bad news buddy. Lying doesn't make you look credible. Especially when the common knowledge is that no one outside of Blizzard knows what the numbers are.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you missed the part where blizzard said they were going to turn off layering long before you paid and you also missed the part where they were offering free transfers. Nice try buddy but Australia's consumer law is weak but I guess it doesn't stop you from heading down to Bunnings for the sausages and then causing a scene demanding to see a manager because they ran out of sauce.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's got nothing to do with the internet. It's just you. Either you don't understand the term common knowledge or you're just lying to try to look more credible. There's bad news buddy. Lying doesn't make you look credible. Especially when the common knowledge is that no one outside of Blizzard knows what the numbers are.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess you missed the part where blizzard said they were going to turn off layering long before you paid and you also missed the part where they were offering free transfers. Nice try buddy but Australia's consumer law is weak but I guess it doesn't stop you from heading down to Bunnings for the sausages and then causing a scene demanding to see a manager because they ran out of sauce.
    There are server population numbers readily available, that show they are several times higher than vanilla pops. Deny reality all you want.

And frankly, it's not hard to tell the pop is way way higher than back in the day on high pop servers just by simply being in org.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-08-27 at 01:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy. You're stuck in the queue = you're late for the server. If you were there on time there wouldn't have been a queue.
    Imagine unironically thinking the law doesn't take into account reasonableness of access. So people who have actual jobs should do what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    The primary product is a snag, and if you get one in return for your money, there's no issue.

This is like turning up to Bunnings, paying for a sausage, and having to wait three hours to get one. Doesn't happen.

If you're from Australia, I suggest you read up on your rights as a consumer, and if you're not then maybe don't talk about something you're clueless on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither classic nor retail are balanced around having a job lol.

You can see evidence in this with how they treat lockouts and the PVP vendor, PVP gear in general or lack there of, it was exposed badly with Titanforging. Anyone who had all day to play had fully TF gear and they would tell people who didn't have the time and/or interest, "oh you just gotta play bro".
    They're progressively trying to find new ways to gear up solo players outside of actual dungeons.

Will this effect my lvl40 cat Druid on her rp server?

There are server population numbers readily available, that show they are several times higher than vanilla pops. Deny reality all you want.

And frankly, it's not hard to tell the pop is way way higher than back in the day on high pop servers just by simply being in org.
    Says "server population numbers readily available", but doesn't link to them.
    Sounds like they are not readily available and you're just making it all up.

100% wrong - they absolutely CAN access what they are paying for, and there is ZERO doubt about that. There are countless alternatives to that one server, it is their decision to sit in a queue instead of xfering or rolling on a new server. Sorry, but you are entirely wrong here.
    Being forced to play on an empty server would also be not getting what you paid for.

Imagine unironically thinking the law doesn't take into account reasonableness of access. So people who have actual jobs should do what?

- - - Updated - - -

The primary product is a snag, and if you get one in return for your money, there's no issue.

This is like turning up to Bunnings, paying for a sausage, and having to wait three hours to get one. Doesn't happen.

If you're from Australia, I suggest you read up on your rights as a consumer, and if you're not then maybe don't talk about something you're clueless on.
    Serious question: How did you survive the supermarket queues during the lockdown and how many lawsuits do you have going against Coles?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Being forced to play on an empty server would also be not getting what you paid for.
    Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I really don't think you understand what you are paying for, or what "forced" means. Or what empty means. What a mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious question: How did you survive the supermarket queues during the lockdown and how many lawsuits do you have going against Coles?
    Oh my bad, I didn't realise there was a government order to stay locked down from Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. Absolutely wrong. I really don't think you understand what you are paying for, or what "forced" means. Or what empty means. What a mess.
    Imagine thinking a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG means empty or dead servers.

Imagine thinking a Massively Multiplayer Online RPG means empty or dead servers.
    Imagine thinking your sub entitles you to a certain number of players on a server, and that if the server doesnt meet your personal requirements, you are entitled to a refund. Stop being so delusional.