Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    The INTERNET is pixels! /mindblown

Edgelord, whining.. seems like you don't have a constructive argument and would rather resort to Ad hominem tactics. Anyway you're posting and replying to this thread while you could simply ignore it so I guess you're not so different after all
    My dude, I don't need to read a wiki to understand what Ad Hominem is. You should read the wiki more closely though because you clearly don't.

Here's how fallacies work - If fallacious reasoning is used in order to support a conclusion, then the argument is invalid. That doesn't however say anything about the truth value of the conclusion itself.

In this particular case, I called you an edgelord (implied argument: edgelords are particularly concerned about being able to use language which is offensive > you seem particularly concerned about language which is offensive being used > you're probably an edgelord) but my calling you that wasn't supporting any other conclusion reached. The actual argument was that you're acting as though them removing the line is part of some wider SJW agenda, even though no evidence of that is apparent, and the only person drawing attention to it is you which would imply that if any agenda is being promoted here, it's yours.

OH BTW: "I guess you're not so different after all" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque. Look brah, I actually am invested in calling people out for being edgy douchebags, and I'm not pretending otherwise. You, on the other hand, are trying to make out like this isn't just about you wanting the game man to say bitch because it's about censorship instead...or something. Saying that we're 'no different after all' actually hurts your case so...good logic, I guess?

Rly if you want to do all the logic stuff, you should read about it instead of watching JBP and Ben Shabino and assuming that you know what you're on about even a little bit.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-08-27 at 11:19 AM.

I don't really see the point in the change, but honestly the only people it affects is people nostalgic for the dialogue. New levelling experience means that you aren't even going to come across this questline unless you go to Chromie and actively choose to level in the Cata revamped zones so it's not like our actual in-game experience will be altered in any significant way.

Blizzard is an American company and this change just reflects American culture today:
    Extreme fear for "dirty words" and politically incorrect actions combined with a very violent culture.
    So in that sense this change is perfectly logical: A very violent game, with explicit gore, torture etc and abscence of "dirty" and non politically correct words/insults.

Blizzard is just protecting its ass. It can see what happens to people/companies that get thrown in to the all-consuming grinder of American outrage.

And I never understood those Amercians that make fun of WoW in China: "Haha, look they don't have skeletons. Censorship. Blizzard is selling out to the communists". While at the same time you can't show tits and use normal swear words in WoW. The stupidity is astounding.

I don't feel the word was out of character at all. It just feel as random as someone saying a random slur.

But yeah, I guess people were offended by a dictator with such dirty talk. But hey, all the sexual references in a PEGI 12 game is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats really a dumb thing for them to do. censorship in any form is bad. sylvanas is 100% a bitch and it was not out of character for garrosh to be the one to call her that. they are both two failed warchiefs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Smh @Elkfingers imagine defending the simp agenda. This post was made by Warchief Garrosh gang.

I feel like the following images are required for context.

It's clearly not about the word. It's about this weirdo's relationship with a fictional character.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    Yeah, it was so out of place, it kind of made me cringe whenever i heard him say it. It kind of just makes you back up and say "whoa, dude, you really went there?"
    He was Orc Hitler, and you're gonna yikes over him calling a bitch a bitch? Christ.

Even though Danuser looks like a simp, he admitted that Sylvanas is Garrosh 2.0 and started the war, so that already puts him above the Sylvanas fanboys I've seen on this forum, because he actually realizes she's evil. I am not as critical of Danuser as I was in the past.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

You should stage a protest right now.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by T-34 View Post
    Blizzard is an American company and this change just reflects American culture today:
    Extreme fear for "dirty words" and politically incorrect actions combined with a very violent culture.
    So in that sense this change is perfectly logical: A very violent game, with explicit gore, torture etc and abscence of "dirty" and non politically correct words/insults.

Blizzard is just protecting its ass. It can see what happens to people/companies that get thrown in to the all-consuming grinder of American outrage.

And I never understood those Amercians that make fun of WoW in China: "Haha, look they don't have skeletons. Censorship. Blizzard is selling out to the communists". While at the same time you can't show tits and use normal swear words in WoW. The stupidity is astounding.
    I thought about it, it might something to do with the phone app for all we know.
    Remember they had to censor Jainas microcleavage so that Apple wouldn't remove Hearthstone from their app store.
    This might be the same thing, with the head coomer simply not resisting the urge to somehow make it about the bitch.

Same deal when they changed the barbershop to include gender change along any other character customization option, they just couldn't resist to not drag some shit about trannies into it, when they could just say "no longer paid service, have fun".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    My dude, I don't need to read a wiki to understand what Ad Hominem is. You should read the wiki more closely though because you clearly don't.

Here's how fallacies work - If fallacious reasoning is used in order to support a conclusion, then the argument is invalid. That doesn't however say anything about the truth value of the conclusion itself.

In this particular case, I called you an edgelord (implied argument: edgelords are particularly concerned about being able to use language which is offensive > you seem particularly concerned about language which is offensive being used > you're probably an edgelord) but my calling you that wasn't supporting any other conclusion reached. The actual argument was that you're acting as though them removing the line is part of some wider SJW agenda, even though no evidence of that is apparent, and the only person drawing attention to it is you which would imply that if any agenda is being promoted here, it's yours.

OH BTW: "I guess you're not so different after all" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque. Look brah, I actually am invested in calling people out for being edgy douchebags, and I'm not pretending otherwise. You, on the other hand, are trying to make out like this isn't just about you wanting the game man to say bitch because it's about censorship instead...or something. Saying that we're 'no different after all' actually hurts your case so...good logic, I guess?

Rly if you want to do all the logic stuff, you should read about it instead of watching JBP and Ben Shabino and assuming that you know what you're on about even a little bit.

So. Many. Assumptions.

I have to admit, I did miss an opportunity to rickroll that Ad hominem link. Would have been top kek.

Regardless, Ad hominem you are because this topic is not about anything but the change in a memorable RP scene in a way that diminishes it from a storytelling perspective. But you are here in a video game forum to call posters
    edgy douchebags
    by your own admission.

I never noticed that line until I heard about it being in the game like 2 weeks ago on reddit. I don't really care either way, I'm surprised so many people do, for whatever reason.

I mean they want the game to be kid friendly, these kinds of expletives don't really work in that case. Neither are they really needed.

It's funny that people try to paint it as a simp issue, lol

Regardless, Ad hominem you are because this topic is not about anything but the change in a memorable RP scene in a way that diminishes it from a storytelling perspective.
    They removed an expletive from an online game about elves and orcs, it's not the end of the world
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-08-27 at 11:35 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Smh @Elkfingers imagine defending the simp agenda. This post was made by Warchief Garrosh gang.

I feel like the following images are required for context.

It's clearly not about the word. It's about this weirdo's relationship with a fictional character.
    LOL OMG hahahahaha what a fuckin creep

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean it always felt out of place to have such language in wow. Esspecially when the most profound thing that has been said is bitch and thralls balls.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I have no fucks to give about it either way but it is funny the one who did it was the Nathanos self insert guy. Last time i saw someone on a games team simp for a character this hard was Toriyama with Lightning, but at least he made her up to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I have no opinion on this at all. If the dude's simping for a fictional character which, idk that seems like stretching the definition of simping to breaking pint but ok, it doesn't really change my not giving much of a fuck either way about this change.

Nominally, I think the line is kinda weird and overall it's positive that it got changed. Whatever the motivation, I'm more concerned with overall utility so I'm not really fucked either way if someone does something good for good reasons or bad ones.

Ngl, I'm actually less disturbed by these carefully curated tweets, and more disturbed that someone on the internet gives enough of a fuck about this to go after an actual person for their perceived attachment to a pretend person.

So. Many. Assumptions.

I have to admit, I did miss an opportunity to rickroll that Ad hominem link. Would have been top kek.

Regardless, Ad hominem you are because this topic is not about anything but the change in a memorable RP scene in a way that diminishes it from a storytelling perspective. But you are here in a video game forum to call posters by your own admission.
    I mean you just said 'top kek', so I know for a fact that I'm close to the mark with my assumptions. Also I didn't click the link, because I already knew what Ad Hominem was without having to fucking skim read wikipedia like a pleb. You can insult someone and still make a valid argument. My calling you an edgy douche isn't an AdHom in itself unless your obvious edginess and douchiness was a central pillar of a point I was making. It wasn't.

The shit you say gives me a really good idea of what you watch on youtube, or which edgelord imageboards you look at. Being literally incapable of understanding how fallacies actually work is a really good indication too. Read your own fucking sources so you don't get caught out not knowing what the shit in your own links says. Yikes.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-08-27 at 11:44 AM.

I cannot describe how much I hate political correctness.

After 10 years? Out of place? Really? Hah, whatever floats your boat, Dan and dear forum posters.

So as few others have mentioned, even in that Twitter thread too - will Blizzard remove the Sylvanas "You son of a bitch" from WarCraft III too? Or is that not out of character? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

A shame, that line was legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plenty of people follow game devs on twitter not to stalk or anything creepy but just in case they might get a preview or some additional information on a favourite game (and especially with art departments this is quite common). So a player who had heard Danuser is on the story lead and decided to follow on twitter, so the sudden story shift with Sylvanas and then suddenly noticed that tweet is not a creepy stalker, just a concerned consumer.
    I guess. I wasn't calling the person I quoted out or anything.

It still feels a little weird to me that people on this board have directed so much hate towards the Sylvanas stuff and, separately, Christie Golden. Having played since launch, the story has always been shit and contrived af but a lot of weird incel types have really started crawling out of the woodwork now that women are involved. Idk. Just feels off.