Page 7 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I love movies like deadpool,so stuff like this doesnt rly bother me....but,for some reason this line always felt weird for me,i rarely go wtf,and to do so in wow was rly something haha,dont rly care they removed it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    After 10 years? Out of place? Really? Hah, whatever floats your boat, Dan and dear forum posters.

So as few others have mentioned, even in that Twitter thread too - will Blizzard remove the Sylvanas "You son of a bitch" from WarCraft III too? Or is that not out of character? xD
    the context in witch they are said is very different,blizz proly didnt remove it from wow because its offensive,but rather because it felt out of place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I have no fucks to give about it either way but it is funny the one who did it was the Nathanos self insert guy. Last time i saw someone on a games team simp for a character this hard was Toriyama with Lightning, but at least he made her up to begin with.
    Toriyama? I thought Lightning was Tetsuya Nomura's brainshart.

Also, @LilSaihah brings up a good point. Changing the line reframes the argument in a subtle but important way. "Watch your clever mouth," suggests he knows she's trying to rile him up and won't rise to the bait. That is highly out of character for the Garrosh of WotLK, Cataclysm, and Mists of Pandaria, who always took the bait when people tried to rile him up.

"Watch your clever mouth, bitch," suggests she managed to get under his skin, which in turn makes his decision to appoint a babysitter (albeit one who turned out completely spineless) make much more sense, especially with their relationship being highly antagonistic as it was at the time. Getting baited, pissed, and deciding he absolutely must have the last word is 100% in keeping with his portrayal at that point in his character arc.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    I have no opinion on this at all. If the dude's simping for a fictional character which, idk that seems like stretching the definition of simping to breaking pint but ok, it doesn't really change my not giving much of a fuck either way about this change.

Nominally, I think the line is kinda weird and overall it's positive that it got changed. Whatever the motivation, I'm more concerned with overall utility so I'm not really fucked either way if someone does something good for good reasons or bad ones.
    Why is it positive that it got changed?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Do we really have to whine about EVERY SINGLE THING? Seriously? What does it matter?
    ironically the change happened likely because people whined.

well you were calling Steve's queen a bitch....he couldn't let that stand especially after she does something like oh idk commits a genocide in order to empower an ancient evil and then destroy the only thing controlling the scourge so she could see her new daddy while her gimp stands by and obviously doesnt get taken out because if he were to die Steve wouldn't have a self insert anymore.

I know what all of these words mean individually. In combination?

Pls explain this. What the shit does 'intellectually selfish' mean? Is it like, refusing to share your intellect with others? Idk man.
    Refusing to be open minded to other's ideas. Sometimes my brain creates weird word combinations that in my head make a ton of sense, but which for others sounds like fucking chinese.

Yeah I didn't like it at the time, eventually forgot about it though. It was weird having swear words in a kid's game. I'm glad they removed it.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Smh @Elkfingers imagine defending the simp agenda. This post was made by Warchief Garrosh gang.

I feel like the following images are required for context.

It's clearly not about the word. It's about this weirdo's relationship with a fictional character.
    Yeah he looks like a bit of a fucking weirdo. Especially the constant pout face he does.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I kind of disagree that Garrosh's point comes across "just fine" after the edit. "watch your clever mouth" sounds sort of weird and passive aggressive. Definitely doesn't suit his character without following up with an insult.

7+ Year Old Account
    kekw, I love this Danuser fellow, the first dude whos this hellbent on simping for some fictional character.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

What a joke.

"Bitch" is probably misogynistic in their new 'woke' culture.

What's next? Rewrite all the lore because war is bad and shouldn't be enjoyed? You know there are real people dying to war, right? Ban the entire franchise for promoting war!

Dissolve the company and write a letter of apology for promoting war culture for all these years. Donate all profits to war victims all around the world.

These people are too stupid to live. Political correctness is the new fascism and cancel culture is the new book burning. And we're all tormented with it.

Oh, and those posts by Danuser about his love for Sylvanas. What a sicko. He needs mental help.
    Last edited by Daronokk; 2020-08-27 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean you just said 'top kek', so I know for a fact that I'm close to the mark with my assumptions. Also I didn't click the link, because I already knew what Ad Hominem was without having to fucking skim read wikipedia like a pleb. You can insult someone and still make a valid argument. My calling you an edgy douche isn't an AdHom in itself unless your obvious edginess and douchiness was a central pillar of a point I was making. It wasn't.

The shit you say gives me a really good idea of what you watch on youtube, or which edgelord imageboards you look at. Being literally incapable of understanding how fallacies actually work is a really good indication too. Read your own fucking sources so you don't get caught out not knowing what the shit in your own links says. Yikes.
    Tsk tsk, still Ad hominem territory. "Top kek" did rile you up as expected and elicited the desired "Top lol".

You're being played like a fiddle my friend.

Now look up the wikis and construct a contrarian opinion about the matter at hand. Why do you think this change is justified and how it doesn't diminish the dialogue's impact in game.

P.S. This Ben Shapiro fella seems like a sharp intelligent dude.

P.P.S Maybe I am Ben Shapiro?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    ironically the change happened likely because people whined.
    And then poeple complain about people whining by whining even more about SJWs, Simps and whatnot because of the removal of ONE word.

Which i only remember because it does not fit wow in any way. Trigger circle completed.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Which i only remember because it does not fit wow in any way. Trigger circle completed.
    How does it not fit WoW in any way?

I was expecting something obnoxiously-worded from Danuser kicking things off when I was clicking those links and running through the replies and such. All I found was Twitter being Twitter. And now Twitter is dripping through the floorboards and soaking this thread. Lovely.

The bitch line was out of place ten years ago, and should've never been there. Not because the word itself offended me, or because I felt any sort of offense on Sylvanas's behalf. But because it's such a jarring impact in that scene. It hits you like a pothole. There are many ways that Blizzard could've voiced the tension between Sylvanas and Garrosh in that scene without just splashing in some profanity to up the shock factor on an otherwise rather still-water confrontation.

Unfortunately, as is par for the course for Blizzard nowadays, of all those many ways that Blizzard could've changed that scene, they decided on one of the worst ones, which was to snip part of the scene without replacing it. "Undead dog", "banshee", "elf corpse", even a growling and acerbic "Windrunner..." would've been better replacements for "bitch", and there are probably much better terms I can't think of right now. But they just butchered it, and barely bothered to stitch up their work. Changing the scene was the right thing to do, but Blizzard doesn't get any props for a dumb and half-assed job.

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    What a joke.

"Bitch" is probably misogynistic in their new 'woke' culture.

What's next? Rewrite all the lore because war is bad and shouldn't be enjoyed? You know there are real people dying to war, right? Ban the entire franchise for promoting war!

Dissolve the company and write a letter of apology for promoting war culture for all these years. Donate all profits to war victims all around the world.

These people are too stupid to live. Political correctness is the new fascism and cancel culture is the new book burning. And we're all tormented with it.

Oh, and those posts by Danuser about his love for Sylvanas. What a sicko. He needs mental help.
    You know, you are the opposite extreme side. There is no need to over exaggerate and blow it out of proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by RefinedMadness View Post
    Tsk tsk, still Ad hominem territory. "Top kek" did rile you up as expected and elicited the desired "Top lol".

You're being played like a fiddle my friend.

Now look up the wikis and construct a contrarian opinion about the matter at hand. Why do you think this change is justified and how it doesn't diminish the dialogue's impact in game.

P.S. This Ben Shapiro fella seems like a sharp intelligent dude.

P.P.S Maybe I am Ben Shapiro?
    Oh ok. It's all memes and you're playing 9D chess now. Got you.

You gotta stop saying ad hominem when you don't know what it means. I'm begging you. It doesn't mean 'you said nasty words so you're wrong'.

I personally think that the line is out of place; people in WoW don't tend to talk like that. If the new line is in keeping with the rest of the dialogue, then the change is justified, and the impact is a side-constraint. Could the line have been constructed differently while maintaining the same level of impact? Sure. We're not talking about that though; specifically we're talking about whether him saying 'bitch' was necessary and/or consistent, and clearly it's not. Other words could have the same impact.
    Last edited by Elkfingers; 2020-08-27 at 12:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Danuser gets piled on a lot for being a groveling Sylvanas fanboy, but I have to agree with him on this one. The "bitch" insult always felt out of place and edgy for the sake of being edgy. This is so miniscule that it's laughable we're even having uproar about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    What about Sylvanas calling Arthas "son of a bitch" in Wc3 and Wc3 reforged?
    He is undead white supremacist, he wanted to be undead bc he gets even more pale so it obviously means more white powa
    Last edited by Ianus; 2020-08-27 at 12:27 PM.

lol its probably been gone a while but nobodys even noticed because nobody has been leveling via questing
    but i do get the criticism its "war" craft
    the has genocide in it
    but the line is drawn at calling sylvanas a bitch?
    given garroshs concern about sylvanas lack of morals in that questline came to fruition, i dont think its entirely an innacurate description