7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Apparently he does (if you care about continuity).
    So this is the source of your anger about current lore? Your continuity is shattered, because of that one tiny event from over decade ago?

Here is your expelnation:

"Shortly after his brother's death, Robert sent an e-mail to request a character be created in his brother's honor. Chris Metzen, who had attended Brad's funeral, heard of this and suggested two ways: to add him as part of the main storyline for Wrath of the Lich King, or to give him his own epic quest chain. Under the direction of Metzen and Alex Afrasiabi, the Bridenbrad quest chain was created in tribute to Brad Bridenbecker's battle against his illness. The quest chain can be viewed as a fairly detailed metaphor for the ups and downs of battling cancer, and for the process of dying in general."
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently he does (if you care about continuity).
    His soul wasn't also being stolen and being put into a blade breaking the normal way of Death. Its not certain where that other shard of Uther is, could be the Maw or the Light. If Bridenbrand was having his soul shredded it might be the same but the Plague of Undeath does not do that.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or they just get left in darkness with points of light only being there for clowns to do jump scares.
    You just know that those babies screamed at their parents to change their nappies then explosively shat in their face.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    One minor NPC that was added as a tribute to a real person dying of cancer. That's the hill we're dying on.
    Yeah, don't let established lore get in the way of a good retcon. Moving the goalposts much.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    His soul wasn't also being stolen and being put into a blade breaking the normal way of Death. Its not certain where that other shard of Uther is, could be the Maw or the Light. If Bridenbrand was having his soul shredded it might be the same but the Plague of Undeath does not do that.
    We saw where both shards ended up. One was within Frostmourne, the other one was in the Shadowlands. Apparently, the Light does abandon its champions after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    I wonder what happens when babies or children die.

No way they experienced enough in life for the Arbiter to properly judge them.
    Well, the realms we do know aren't necessarily the only realms in the Shadowlands. We only see a few because of game restrictions, although others are mentioned in-game beyond what we can experience.

Also, despite that, children/babies would be much easier to sort in theory because they lack the experience and attachments associated with the living. In some respects, they would be more of a blank slate or malleable/adaptable to whichever covenant they are sorted into. Furthermore, as is hinted in the beta from the lore thus far, certain races and races with certain affinities tend to be put in the same place in the Shadowlands... therefore children/babies of certain races would likely go where the majority of their race's souls get sent by default.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    What happened to all the geeks who were saying Shadowlands would be released in December and that October was totally out of the question and far too early? I said I'd be back to tell you so.

BuT fAlL eNdS oN dEcEmBeR 21sT gUyS!
    Those people would have said January if it wasnt for the Q4 release date beign set in stone, possibly even February.

Still though, October is actually quite early, though I feel massively vindicated that my earliest predictions of mid-to-late October held up this nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    He slaughtered his own people until he got Frostmourne and mercy killed Invincible.
    If by killed his own people you mean "Killed a bunch of infected people before they could turn and feast on their friends providing them a peaceful end..." sure.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Nah, it's just wasted breath. If people don't get it at this point, they never will.
    So you have nothing. If you are going to make a big clainm, back it up. Otherwise it is complete BS.

Crusader Bridenbrad was sent into the Light.
    Actually more accurately, he is taken by the Naaru to who knows where.

10+ Year Old Account
    We saw where both shards ended up. One was within Frostmourne, the other one was in the Shadowlands. Apparently, the Light does abandon its champions after all.
    Technically it didn't, he was still saved and he went to Bastion. Frostmourne being destroyed means that other shard of his soul went somewhere. No goalposts are moven and your moaning about what really was meant as a reference to someone who died prematurely IRL to a horrible disease really isn't worth bitching at Blizzard over continuity(Even though there is no continuity error).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    My guess is they go to a special baby heaven where the tits are plentiful.
    Thank you for saying it so I don't have to.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Yeah, don't let established lore get in the way of a good retcon. Moving the goalposts much.
    Establishing actual lore for the setting that is not based on direct references to reality is a retcon that's needed. Considering you may as well make Larion and Muigin into big name lore heroes at that point.

Funny how the big deal now is to shit on every single retcon while forgetting about things like the Zandalari being retconned that are universally beloved after their aesthetic change.

EDIT:

WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY BLIZZ??? YOU HACKS
    Last edited by Nagawithlegs; 2020-08-27 at 08:00 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    What happened to all the geeks who were saying Shadowlands would be released in December and that October was totally out of the question and far too early? I said I'd be back to tell you so.

BuT fAlL eNdS oN dEcEmBeR 21sT gUyS!
    TBF most of us were saying "But Fall ends on December 21st" to the people that were saying "they're going to miss the Fall window entirely."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So you have nothing. If you are going to make a big clainm, back it up. Otherwise it is complete BS.
    Read my other posts or don't bother responding. I don't have time to respond to every single one defending this POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    Establishing actual lore for the setting that is not based on direct references to reality is a retcon that's needed. Considering you may as well make Larion and Muigin into big name lore heroes at that point.

Funny how the big deal now is to shit on every single retcon while forgetting about things like the Zandalari being retconned that are universally beloved after their aesthetic change.
    This is just how the internet works. Everything is either the best or worst thing ever until people stop caring.

Still doesn't expalin why he didn't go into the Light if he was literally saved by the Light. Why would the Light send people into the Shadowlands?

How is his soul saved when he's not with the Light like Crusader Bridenbrad?
    Maybe the light tried to claim it, broke it in the process, and decided a broken soul can't be with the light after all. It's not like there are absolute rules about anything related to the light anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Actually more accurately, he is taken by the Naaru to who knows where.
    Well, he was promised "paradise eternal". Doesn't seem to fit any of the Shadowlands we've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Technically it didn't, he was still saved and he went to Bastion. Frostmourne being destroyed means that other shard of his soul went somewhere. No goalposts are moven and your moaning about what really was meant as a reference to someone who died prematurely IRL to a horrible disease really isn't worth bitching at Blizzard over continuity(Even though there is no continuity error).
    How was he saved when his soul was crippled, didn't find peace and is bound for eternal servitude in Bastion? What does any of this have to do with the Light? Why does the Light send people into the Shadowlands?

7+ Year Old Account
    Read my other posts or don't bother responding. I don't have time to respond to every single one defending this POS.
    Your only argument was a minor NPC form 12y ago, that was created SOLELY to pay respect to a real life person that died to cancer. How does it sound as an argument?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Crusader Bridenbrad was sent into the Light.
    "sent".

3:00
    He wasn't "sent" anywhere.

A'dal and his co Naaru took him in.

Uther just died.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, he was promised "paradise eternal". Doesn't seem to fit any of the Shadowlands we've seen.
    And again, this was done ONLY to pay respect to the guy, not to forward lore. Also "Shadowlands are infinite".