Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Spoilers] [Character] is back!!!!!

The true king will return...

Quote Originally Posted by aarro View Post
    I mean... is he though? Maybe there will be some form of redemption Arc for him and Uther, but I feel as though it'll be more about Uther finding his true path in the afterlife.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "what we did to him wasn't justice, it was vengeance"
    Now that line makes sense.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    I mean... is he though? Maybe there will be some form of redemption Arc for him and Uther, but I feel as though it'll be more about Uther finding his true path in the afterlife.
    Even if I see Arthas for 5 minutes then I'm happy.

He will definitely have a redemption arc. There is too much build-up for it to go nowhere, and Blizzard is not braindead, they know Arthas brings in ton of cash. His redemption arc will revolve around him helping us defeat Jailer and Sylvanas and earn a better afterlife for himself. Since it was revealed in this cinematic that he wasn't actually destined to the Maw (or anyway what happened to him defied the natural order), but was thrown there by Uther.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Redemption for redemption's sake is a cheap arc. The only fitting fate for Arthas if he's involved in the story would be for him to remain damned and face eternal atonement as the new Jailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

5+ Year Old Account
    If he wasnt destined to the maw who is?

He will be bonus cameo in 9.3.

Reeeally curious as to what they'll do with him. Yeah, he went to the maw but that was far from the normal path to get there and it was before the machine of death broke so I'm immensely curious as to what he's been doing, I'm thinking a turalyon approach of fighting for x amount of years against the mawsworn and he'll help guide us on how to defeat the jailer who he's been fighting for ages.

Why the fuck are people talking about a redemption ark? Redemption for what, he did nothing wrong.

The biggest disappointment about WOTLK is the bullshit bitch-ass move they wrote for Tyrion at the end with the Shitbringer, I was ready to pledge my allegiance to our lord and savior Jesus Arthas Christ.

Bunch of bitch ass writers at blizzard pussified out of any meaningful expansion ending.

Redemption would be the worst, stupidest thing they could do with him.

So it will probably happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

Yeah let's not popularize the redemption arc route, nobody is waiting for that. There are more interesting ways to navigate this story.

It does seem however that the problems in the Shadowlands started when Ner'Zhul was equipped with the Helm of Domination and Frostmourne making its way to Azeroth. Exacerbated by the fact that Arthas wasn't given proper judgment in SL post Icecrown defeat, instead Uther and Devos going rogue and tossing him in the Maw on their own merit.

I personally don't dislike this story direction! Our boy the King playing a central role is not necessary, let him simmer in the background, and involve him where it makes sense. Hoping for a big payoff as there is potential for this hit the spot just right. Unless we devolve into fanfic leveling writing as seen during BFA.

BUT NO REDEMPTION, it makes no sense for this cat, he isn't a Darth Vader with inner turmoil, Arthas was a dickbag the entire time post Human campaign in WC3.

10+ Year Old Account
    In case of emergency pull "beloved character" lever.

That being said, wasn't uther's soul claimed by frostmourne? as we saw in the Halls of Reflection, yet in the cinematic we see his soul reach bastion, right after getting the ol' one two, i'm confused lol
    Last edited by Demsi; 2020-08-27 at 07:56 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post

That being said, wasn't uther's soul claimed by frostmourne? as we saw in the Halls of Reflection, yet in the cinematic we see his soul reach bastion, right after getting the ol' one two, i'm confused lol
    turns out it got split in two. so the Uther we saw in HoR and in Legion was the Uther from the sword. then the other part of Uther is in Bastion.

*shows arthas getting thrown into a vortex of oblivion*

Arthas fans:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    turns out it got split in two. so the Uther we saw in HoR and in Legion was the Uther from the sword. then the other part of Uther is in Bastion.
    Oh shit you're right, i wonder if that plays a part in the bastion story line, (please dont spoil anything if you've played the beta thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post

This looks to be the crux of Uther's story here. His wounded soul - literally fragmented - is what keeps him from shedding his mortal memories and ascending. Though he resides in Bastion, part of his soul is tied to the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasFanboy View Post
    If he wasnt destined to the maw who is?
    I find it hard to believe Arthas belongs in the maw but not Kael'thas. They're very similar characters, and if Kael'thas is in revendreth, I imagine that's where arthas should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I wonder what the Uther of the sword would think about joining the other Uther. I mean he seems to have some sort of limited sentience.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Well he has no kingdom so basicly it is just Arthas now.

He destroyed his own kingdom.
    And the scourge belongs to the Lich King (Ner'zhul)

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    "what we did to him wasn't justice, it was vengeance"
    Now that line makes sense.
    It's still dumb as fuck. If anyone deserved the Maw it was him. Uther's involvement wasn't even required. Justice would've been served by the Arbiter anyway. That's why this whole conflict is manufactured and forced as fuck. If WoW mentions "MUH VENGEANCE BAD" one more time I'm gonna lose my shit.