Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    on a monday huh. grats NEETs and friendless nerds with nothing better to use vacation on
    Europe gets another midnight release but please go on and cry about a relaxing afternoon release

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    It's far too soon in my opinion, take shaman for example, they've wasted months on fulmination and have now scrapped it and reverted back to maelstrom
    They reverted Fulmination from a stacking buff back to a UI resource. They didn't revert the class overhaul that came with it, which from what I've heard was well received.

And sorry, but a few specs out of 32 not being as fun as they maybe could be is not a good reason to hold back an otherwise finished expansion. They can't please everyone anyway.

Besides, there's still two months, and they can make additional adjustments after launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Unfinished how? I'm guessing you've not been playing Beta. It is basically done. They're at the finishing touches and tuning stage now
    Let's assume he's not playing beta like me and has no idea it feels like less people got invited since the game launch was so close and blizzard knew this so they didnt do the big ole mass invites like before

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Oh god I hope it fails so much. Let it die, please. It's just suffering at this point.
    lol, why do you care? You seem really passionate about it.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    6 weeks earlier than I anticipated. I fear that it will not be ready.

You are not prepared!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That would be nice, but only feasable if they release on a weekend. You can't push it back to midnight east coast because that would be 5am EU. If you do it 7pm EU that's 11am west coast.

Sucks for us, I usually play an hour or max until like 0130 with a whole day of work before I can play again next afternoon/evening. But it's an American company so to be expected that way.

IMO the best time would be Saturday 8am east coast / 11am west coast / 5pm EU.
    Lol...no no no...that's not how time works here. You want it 8am east coast...that's 5 am west coast...thank you no. East coast is 3 hours ahead of us on the west coast.

Been playing in the beta for a bit, besides Torghast, people are going to get bored of the expac extremely fast. There really isn't too much to do (Questing, Dungeons/Mythics, professions, no raids till Nov, pvp?) And you'll prob end up hating the tower of Torghast before you even have to do it for real because the quests leading up to it make you repeat it way too many times. Hope they add more features quickly because Covenants right now are just a big boring quest hub

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    And that's different from literally any other expansion... how?

The fact still remains that internally, they're builds ahead of what we see on the Beta.
    Tho i agree with this as this is simple dev logic, i fear that those ahead builds will not change much with class gameplay.
    Their track record shows enough of questionable decisions and rushed releases.
    Sure, comparing with previous expansions where they were stubborn as concrete wall this time around they "listened community" to some extend, but still... so many stuff that needs looked at that its not even funny any more.

I think that release date is rushed and i really hope that ill eat those words, but as i said, their track record says enough.
    Maybe expansion as game world is done but they have a lot more to do with classes, how they play, chunkiness, unintuitive rotations or simply dead spells and talents.
    I dont think that "it is fun" to play a class(es) for which community provided tons of feedbacks, explanation or even quite good suggestions how some stuff can be fixed for whole patch cycle till .1 lands, or even worst, for whole expansion simply because they decided to release earlier.

Im maybe mistaken and their build is quite ahead, i admit that, but again i dont think that those builds address actual issues for which we think that it is rushed release - class and spec polish.

Dont forget three facts:
    • (B)lizzard is owned by Activision, tho not as bad as EA or Bethesda, they had their own share of "loot box drama". They are dancing how big boss sees fit for quite some time.
    • WoW subs are definitely down. Tho the game is active its even noticeable in game that population dropped. Pretty much no need to look at my Friend or Guild lists, both are dead. They need to boost their quarterly revenue.
    • Cyberpunk is set to be released mid November. Tho its not the same gender of the game we all now how much high quality products CD Projekt released. If they released SL after Cyberpunk they are gambling with revenue count for sure.
    Last edited by Gurg; 2020-08-28 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    Been playing in the beta for a bit, besides Torghast, people are going to get bored of the expac extremely fast. There really isn't too much to do (Questing, Dungeons/Mythics, professions, no raids till Nov, pvp?) And you'll prob end up hating the tower of Torghast before you even have to do it for real because the quests leading up to it make you repeat it way too many times. Hope they add more features quickly because Covenants right now are just a big boring quest hub
    The quests for torghast have been a big complaint from many players, we'll see if they can trim those down or at least make them more rewarding before launch.

OT the release date really does feel too soon, but it's about what was expected. We'll see how much they can crunch between now and then to correct the more egregious issues on the beta right now.

It's not nearly as bad as some people are saying, but I'm not going to claim it's as good as it should be either. Some classes still feel half finished and the "leggos will fix it!" excuse wore out back in early Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I dont belive it, people are complaining its TOO SOON. What do you want? Another year of BFA disaster?!
    Sooner Shadowlands hits the better, if you ask me it could launch tommorow and it will be "fine". Atleast we would have something new to do.

Right THIS time i wont make the same mistake i made the last 7 times and try to play day 1... i think i will wait till the 28/29th

Jesus Christ this forum is full of haters. No matter what they do or say, you're gonna complain about it. If you're so sick of Blizzard and WoW it's pretty simple, don't play the game and let others enjoy it

That trailer was pretty bad, almost made me fall asleep. Not really that hyped anymore about any future expansion aslong as we have the diablo rollercoaster features, but lets hope it will be better then previous expansions. At least glad that enhancement shaman gets better then it was! theirs always a positive!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aryadneae View Post
    Jesus Christ this forum is full of haters. No matter what they do or say, you're gonna complain about it. If you're so sick of Blizzard and WoW it's pretty simple, don't play the game and let others enjoy it
    Why are you complaining, If you hate that people complain? Dafuq the paradox

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Oh god I hope it fails so much. Let it die, please. It's just suffering at this point.
    Why are you here?

Launch is too soon. I need another 6 months to figure out what to main.

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    I dont belive it, people are complaining its TOO SOON. What do you want? Another year of BFA disaster?!
    Sooner Shadowlands hits the better, if you ask me it could launch tommorow and it will be "fine". Atleast we would have something new to do.
    Kind of thought this myself, but I think most people who are saying it’s too soon are the people who play specs that don’t feel finished, and/or things like some Covenant abilities feeling broken (such as Night Fae only giving damage from the first tick of a dot or AoE ability)z

Good stuff can not wait, I am sure i am not the only one to see the trend and maybe there isn't however Legion reminded me of BC and BFA had us in MOP partially so next expansion will have us geared toward or something with Cata?

I really hope it does well.....I do. But it feels incredibly low effort at this point. Like a WoD 2.0

Week before the election, ouch. Guess this will be the first xpac I'm not taking time off for. Oh well, gotta grow up eventually.