Question about prepatch and alts

Hi,

all my alts are around 465, so I really don't need catchup gear. For me BfA will end with the prepatch. Is there anything I must do on my main? The new catchup gear doesn't look that good for mogging.

So can I ignore everything and focus on rearranging GUIs, playing around with the class changes, get a haircut, level a new alt, etc.?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    nah just do the questline and have some fun! oh and also killing a specific world boss which I won't put here because spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    nah just do the questline and have some fun! oh and also killing a specific world boss which I won't put here because spoilers
    I suppose it could be a spoiler to people who don't have access to internet or live in a barrel.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    I suppose it could be a spoiler to people who don't have access to internet or live in a barrel.
    hey don't knock living in a barrel. it's very well rounded.

Just wanted to know if there is something I absoluetly have to do on my main .. an essential quest, a really cool, tmog etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    1-Enjoy and Have Fun.....whether it's taking some time off the game till pre-patch event, playing on and off, or regularly .....enjoy it, no need for that stress of getting that piece of gear/item/whatever points....etc.

2-Work on leveling alts if interested, forget those mains, no use giving them time and attention if they are already set.

3-Start clearing and organizing your bags/banks/void storage....doing so will get you ready for pre-patch and even give you some ideas if you need something done....why did you leave that piece of gear or mog there? do you really need that grey item?

4-Gold....all the gold you can get sanely....

5-Side activities, some pet collection/quest since a lot of the overpowered pets are getting a nerf and some pet battle strategies depend on those, might want to do them now....mog runs in old contents

6-Again.....Enjoy and Have Fun and Don't overthink it really, to each their own how to prep for a new expansion or even pre-patch, but the common thing is taking it easy, you will stress enough once it launches and start all over
    Last edited by ShadeknightX; 2020-08-28 at 11:18 AM.
    The first, last and only warning to get from me...Mock me once I will Backstab you...Mock me twice I will Mutilate thee....Mock me thrice I will go ******* killing spree on you......Have Fun.

Probably a few pets and transmog that will be available in pre patch that you can get?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Probably a few pets and transmog that will be available in pre patch that you can get?
    Where have you seen any new pets added?

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Where have you seen any new pets added?
    I have not, I thought they might've been guess not then :P

Dont know: https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/pa...pre-patch-pet/

The pre-patch pet seems like the only limited item at the moment, though I wouldnt be shocked if we get another title or mount from the questline.
    The only pre-patch I have known that took effort to get all the items from was teh Legion one, and unless we see a massive amount of new items there is no chance this one will be anywhere remotely similar in time investment.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Or if they have intentionally and successfully avoided spoilers so far

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    I have not, I thought they might've been guess not then :P

Dont know: https://www.warcraftpets.com/news/pa...pre-patch-pet/
    It was a genuine question, I had not seen any info about pets.

Thanks for the link, mate.

Oh, a new battle pet. That is stuff I was asking about.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    hey don't knock living in a barrel. it's very well rounded.
    Hahahahaha!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess we will have at least some exclusive prepatch mount cause it's obvious thing to do, but I don't think it's implemented yet.