Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Oh boy, it really was one of the most certain things
    Don't worry, it's Schwarz. He'll twist it to something where he'll still be right, and then blame others for reading it wrong. It happens a lot

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Oh boy, it really was one of the most certain things
    Yep my statement still stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Don't worry, it's Schwarz. He'll twist it to something where he'll still be right, and then blame others for reading it wrong. It happens a lot
    No need to twist, one just has to read the ENTIRE statement to realise that it is still valid.

I suspect it happens a lot because many here lack the basic ability to read an entire statement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Hey random person on the internet, you were wrong! Nee-ner-nee-ner!

#TeamTinkers

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

No need to twist, one just has to read the ENTIRE statement to realise that it is still valid.

I suspect it happens a lot because many here lack the basic ability to read an entire statement.
    They quoted the whole post

You guessed mid to late November and it’s fine to be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    They quoted the whole post
    Indeed - they just neglected to read it

I made a statement based on a condition... here is an example:
    YOU will agree with me, GIVEN that you read what I wrote.
    That statement is true, independent of if you read what I wrote or not.
    Basic comprehension really.

Being within 2 weeks of the release date almost a year from said release shows that the GIVEN wasn't that far out.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-08-28 at 03:39 PM.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

I made a statement based on a condition... here is an example:
    YOU will agree with me, GIVEN that you read what I wrote.
    That statement is true, independent of if you read what I wrote or not.
    No, that is not true. Somebody can read what you write and still disagree with you, therefore the statement isn't true.

Besides, your post did not contain a conditional term. "based on" is not conditional, it merely sources the origin of your prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, that is not true.
    You would of course be incorrect.

But that's life, a lot of people have trouble with basics like that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    your post did not contain a conditional term. "based on" is not conditional,
    Of course it is ... based on states the conditions under which the whole statement.

1 + 1 = 10, based on the assumption we are working in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, on the condition we are working in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, with the proviso we are in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, if you assume we are in base 2.
    etc
    etc

So - in my original statement, the basis was 4-6 weeks before the deadline and the conclusion based on that assumption was mid-late November.

I'm off now - I hope your error has been clarified.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-08-28 at 04:08 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally your full post:

One of the most certain things we know about the ultimate release date is that it will be mid to late November 2020 based on the last several expansions preorders.

That still leaves room for a Halloween themed prepatch though.

And it has been proven wrong by Blizzard themselves, so at least have the testicles to admit you are wrong. It is still not true, your statement has failed. Because October =/= November. Unless you live in some odd alternate reality

Then again.. why are we discussing this with Schwarz, his entire post history is him being proven wrong and then twisting it into "lawl you can't read haha you suck!"

Just ignore him, and he'll go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Just ignore him, and he'll go away.
    Done & Done

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Shadowlands Q1 2021. Mark my words!
    Fuck, I was off by about 3 months.

You would of course be incorrect.

But that's life, a lot of people have trouble with basics like that.
    Sorry, but i am still perfectly capable of disagreeing with you after reading what you wrote. Therefore, your statement is not true, as the condition is met, but the conclusion does not follow.

You don't seem to understand the basics here. Conditionals don't make a statement automatically true. They just limit the scope of the statement. If somebody hasn't read what you wrote, then you simply haven't said anything about them. Since you haven't said anything about them, said "statement" can then not "stand", because there is nothing for these terms to apply to.

Of course it is ... based on states the conditions under which the whole statement.

1 + 1 = 10, based on the assumption we are working in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, on the condition we are working in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, with the proviso we are in base 2.
    1 + 1 = 10, if you assume we are in base 2.
    Seems to me the conditions are stated by "in base 2", not by "based on the assumption", which is merely a filler phrase. Which becomes somewhat obvious by the fact that it is the only common part in all your examples.

Your statement about the release date meanwhile does not contain any conditions, only a source your prediction is based on, that being previous Pre-Order dates. You do not mention anything about its validity being dependent on anything, such as "if they act the same as before".

Maybe its time you admit to yourself that you have no idea how logic works, instead of failing to educate people that know it better than you about it.

I hope your error has been clarified.
    Well, the lack of its existence is still as clear as before, given that you haven't brought up anything other than repeating your own ignorance.