Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm slightly annoyed with them removing it, but that's as far as it goes. Decision makes sense I guess. Being really upset over it seems about as pointless as removing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cue a baby crying meme.

It always sounded weird. Get over it.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Cue a baby crying meme.

Hush tyrande
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There are a couple of screws loose with this post yikes
    Useless comment.

I guess, some are too invested in Blizzard, they are lost.

I don't really care about removing the word. But that butthurt tone from Danuser is the triggering part, especially when he is a known Sylvanas fanboy.

,,I make no apologies for removing the word,, Did anyone honestly expect an apology here? Not anyone sane that's for sure.
    ,,it was time for it to go, and it's not coming back,, Again...did anyone expect Blizz to return the dialog to the ,,more offensive,, version because of some internet outrage?

He is making these weird overly defensive statements...almost like his waifu was offended and he can't think clearly because it made him so mad.
    It kind of worries me because maybe Shadowlands will end up being just another ,,Sylvanas plays this 4d chess outsmarting everyone and everything goes her way,, expansion because of him.

They might have removed it, but we all know the truth.

Shes a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by paragraphgorilla View Post
    So out of place to call a self-serving and selfish woman a bitch..
    QFT.

/10char

7+ Year Old Account
    This Danouser guy is a massive hypocrite

First it is a "team member", also confirming the new guys know shit about the game lore

The dude was playing this game, who contain murder, black magic, demons, necromancy, genocide and other profanities with his kid, something he probably should not do because the gme isn't for kids, BUT THIS, THIS, is where he draw the line and had to complain to papa Steve to change it

Apparently make us the villains who kill and murder is completely fine, but a NPC saying a bad word is a no for future generations.

Sadly people will se just as minor thing, cause it is what it is, they just removed the word, but the meaning of the change and the reason, are compeltely stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Since even you dare not write the word uncensored and fully in your headline, I guess it is a sign of the times that it also needed to go in-game, eh?
    Pretty much this. Either use the word or don't complain about it not being used.

7+ Year Old Account
    Amusingly, the wowhead comment section was locked because "people can't act like adults". Even if the comments were relatively tame.

I don't see the reason to change this. The B-word is used several times in novels. Even Warcraft 3: Reforged, which censored 'Grom' into 'Hellscream' in every dialog, has Sylvanas call Arthas a "son of a b----". If someone is angry about something - and Garrosh sure was, given his nature -it's normal to swear. It makes them feel a lot more 'real'.

And as other people have said: Sylvanas murders people in cold blood, BURNS Teldrassil with everyone on it ALIVE, raises the dead to force them to fight their friends and familiar... but calling her the B-word? That's JUST. TOO. MUCH.

It just doesn't make sense to remove it and leave all the other horrific things in wow. Remove it all or quit nitpicking
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I had no real opinion about Danuser as a person, but after that tweet MAN he really is full of himself.
    I take it you're not familiar with his ingame avatar Nathanos? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It always felt low brow to me. Like sure the label fits, but at that moment it always felt like Blizz trying to be edgy moreso than in character for Garrosh. At least Cata-style Garrosh.
    Garrosh isn't particularly high-brow..

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Even Warcraft 3: Reforged, which censored 'Grom' into 'Hellscream'
    I don't think you know what censored means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Cue a baby crying meme.

And I'm sure that's why it was removed a decade after it was added and not for any other reason. :^)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy View Post
    Amusingly, the wowhead comment section was locked because "people can't act like adults". Even if the comments were relatively tame.

I don't see the reason to change this. The B-word is used several times in novels. Even Warcraft 3: Reforged, which censored 'Grom' into 'Hellscream' in every dialog, has Sylvanas call Arthas a "son of a b----". If someone is angry about something - and Garrosh sure was, given his nature -it's normal to swear. It makes them feel a lot more 'real'.

And as other people have said: Sylvanas murders people in cold blood, BURNS Teldrassil with everyone on it ALIVE, raises the dead to force them to fight their friends and familiar... but calling her the B-word? That's JUST. TOO. MUCH.
    WoWhead always locks comments sections that don't pat the metaphorical backs of their beliefs.

The reason why many are annoyed by this is the fact that Blizzard is moving away from a specific style of writing that is direct and making sense. It made sense for someone like Garrosh and Sylvanas' Gilnean adversaries to say so.

Players are rightfully sceptical because they're worried that Blizzard's storytelling will plummet even further due to the fact that they'll sidestep consistency, the value of the narrative and senseful progression of various character arcs in favour of looking socially acceptable and agreeable to those that care about it.

They are watering down any potential offensive words in order to avoid a potential meltdown on the internet in the future if someone sensitive enough stumbles upon it(ie imagine a "gaming journalist" posting an article about how Blizzard Entertainment describes female characters in its game), while amping up the presence of different races, sexualities and words like "bigot" and "racist" in a belief that it will score some social virtue points. In doing so they're losing originality and what made them as succesful as they were, with their success in the past not being limited strictly to this.

The word "bitch" in itself being changed isn't a problem, but the reason behind changing it is; it sheds more light on the path that their writing will take in the future and players likely believe that it too will be devoid of visceral meaning and expression.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2020-08-29 at 12:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkfingers View Post
    My dude, I don't need to read a wiki to understand what Ad Hominem is. You should read the wiki more closely though because you clearly don't.

Here's how fallacies work - If fallacious reasoning is used in order to support a conclusion, then the argument is invalid. That doesn't however say anything about the truth value of the conclusion itself.

In this particular case, I called you an edgelord (implied argument: edgelords are particularly concerned about being able to use language which is offensive > you seem particularly concerned about language which is offensive being used > you're probably an edgelord) but my calling you that wasn't supporting any other conclusion reached. The actual argument was that you're acting as though them removing the line is part of some wider SJW agenda, even though no evidence of that is apparent, and the only person drawing attention to it is you which would imply that if any agenda is being promoted here, it's yours.

OH BTW: "I guess you're not so different after all" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque. Look brah, I actually am invested in calling people out for being edgy douchebags, and I'm not pretending otherwise. You, on the other hand, are trying to make out like this isn't just about you wanting the game man to say bitch because it's about censorship instead...or something. Saying that we're 'no different after all' actually hurts your case so...good logic, I guess?

Rly if you want to do all the logic stuff, you should read about it instead of watching JBP and Ben Shabino and assuming that you know what you're on about even a little bit.
    He's dead, Jim!

(because your argument killed him if that wasn't clear)
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    People mocking Blizzard's weird choices is just MMO-C as usual. And to address your previous post, I'd say the people who complained about it hard enough for Blizzard to change a decade old quest and an equally old dungeon encounter cared much more.

Careful now, or @SirBeef will say you want to be a misogynistic swine.
    A spade is a spade. If somone wants to call females a bitch, then they are misogynists. There's really no way around it. You can't call minorities bigoted terms without being a bigot. This is no different. But go on and tell me who casually tossing around bigotry isn't bigotry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    I don't think you know what censored means.
    So what would you call it, then?

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    A spade is a spade. If somone wants to call females a bitch, then they are misogynists. There's really no way around it. You can't call minorities bigoted terms without being a bigot. This is no different. But go on and tell me who casually tossing around bigotry isn't bigotry.
    This kind of thinking really makes me worried for the future. Everyone has turned into a wiener.
    Last edited by Godric; 2020-08-29 at 12:32 AM.
    Mighty one, never forget.