7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    For bonus lols, Trump also apparently had lower ratings than Pence. PENCE. A bigoted block of wood.
    You mean Pence that thinks that torturing gay teens is a family decision and he couldn't say it was wrong? But that doesn't mean he supports it. That Pence?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    Makes sense. They didn't listen to Trump's speech, they got their info about the speech filtered and neatly regurgitated through the leftist media sources. This is what they call being informed. They are the reason I'm am so looking forward to November 3rd. The Trumplisde cometh, and it will cause a meltdown of epic proportions.
    He barely won in 2016, going against a Clinton with a vagina, after 8 years of a Democrat in the WH, being a political unknown that people hoped would be “Presidential” after the fact, and the GOP has largely been skull fucked from sea to shining sea in the past 3 years under his leadership..... he may win in 2020, but I’d bet my portfolio against yours that it won’t be anything but a tight EC victory while losing the national popular vote.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    He barely won in 2016, going against a Clinton with a vagina, after 8 years of a Democrat in the WH, being a political unknown that people hoped would be “Presidential” after the fact, and the GOP has largely been skull fucked from sea to shining sea in the past 3 years under his leadership..... he may win in 2020, but I’d bet my portfolio against yours that it won’t be anything but a tight EC victory while losing the national popular vote.
    how many 2016 states that went for Trump have changed to proportional EC accounting? because if that occurs, that might make another "the people voted against me, but not in the right places to prevent me from winning" election less likely for him
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    how many 2016 states that went for Trump have changed to proportional EC accounting? because if that occurs, that might make another "the people voted against me, but not in the right places to prevent me from winning" election less likely for him
    No states have changed to proportional accounting. The only two states that do it are Nebraska and Maine, and they've been that way for a long time (28 years and 48 years, respectively).

I'm sure the reason that we don't see more push from states to go to proportionality is that it would eventually lead to an increasingly likely scenario where the 12th Amendment is used to pick the winner of the Presidential election.

This is also why a lot of people are instead pushing for the NPVIC.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-08-28 at 11:56 PM.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

So Trump held a rally in New Hampshire today. Under state law, people participating in large gatherings like that must wear a mask. When a PA announcement reminded them they must wear a mask to comply with the law, they booed. Most of the rallygoers were not wearing a mask. Which means when Trump spoke, he was seeing hundreds of people breaking the law literally right in front of him. Did he say or do anything about it? I'll let you guess the answer to that one.

And he wants to be our law-and-order President.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Zaydin; 2020-08-29 at 12:10 AM.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Not just tricked them, but used taxpayer dollars to trick them into providing campaign content for Trump.

Which is grossly unethical on so many levels, but MAGA I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Get ready for more of them. I checked: a bunch of the usual suspects got themselves banned until after the election.
    It’s the length of the oldest infraction expiring, not the most recent. I made that mistake my self, then was disappointed and realized my mistake.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No states have changed to proportional accounting. The only two states that do it are Nebraska and Maine, and they've been that way for a long time (28 years and 48 years, respectively).

I'm sure the reason that we don't see more push from states to go to proportionality is that it would eventually lead to an increasingly likely scenario where the 12th Amendment is used to pick the winner of the Presidential election.

This is also why a lot of people are instead pushing for the NPVIC.
    It's really our only hope of sidestepping the EC - and it can't happen fast enough. If Biden wins we might see the remaining states move towards it. Trump winning doesn't bear considering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense. They didn't listen to Trump's speech, they got their info about the speech filtered and neatly regurgitated through the leftist media sources. This is what they call being informed. They are the reason I'm am so looking forward to November 3rd. The Trumplisde cometh, and it will cause a meltdown of epic proportions.
    Why does not a single person that claims the speech was great, actually say what about it was great? I realize tossing stones is fun, but if you watched it... why can’t you say what he said that was so great? What policy did he state, that you agree with?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's really our only hope of sidestepping the EC - and it can't happen fast enough. If Biden wins we might see the remaining states move towards it. Trump winning doesn't bear considering.
    I sincerely doubt you'll see many red states making that change since the EC is essentially the GOP's savior by now. At least as far as the Presidency goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Why does not a single person that claims the speech was great, actually say what about it was great? I realize tossing stones is fun, but if you watched it... why can’t you say what he said that was so great? What policy did he state, that you agree with?
    Anyone with a brain would know this is a great speech...assuming Chavez is an idol of yours, and you have a tattoo of Putin on your balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Anyone with a brain would know this is a great speech...assuming Chavez is an idol of yours, and you have a tattoo of Putin on your balls.
    This is what I mean... There have been more said about my balls, by people who claim it was a good speech, than the speech it self. How was this a good speech, when my balls are the center of attention?

This is what I mean... There have been more said about my balls, by people who claim it was a good speech, than the speech it self. How was this a good speech, when my balls are the center of attention?
    Make bent pinky finger straight again.

Hey man, don't be so down on your balls. You know, maybe they are worthy of discussion. Chin up bro! Believe in you.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Make bent pinky finger straight again.
    Seriously dude, check this out... This is the only positive things said about the speech Trump gave:

Quote Originally Posted by Zalbagff View Post
    The more I read these forums the more sad I get when I realize it's the same dozen or so lefties that live in this alternate reality where Trump is some evil monster that has destroyed this country. His speech last night could have been absolute perfection and you same people wouldn't give him credit for anything lol. Hopefully one day you guys will come back in the real world and join us in reality instead of this fantasyland you live in.
    Another great speech by Trump. The aftermath is even better. People just can't stop talking about it.

Of all the RNC speakers, the one I liked the most, was Nick Sandmann's. That kid got stones. Gives me hope for GenZ.
    What am I supposed to do with this? Why would watching what he said, have anything to do with what was posted above? Is there something here for me to dispute, beyond just affection for Trump? There is no policy to disagree with... there is not fact to dispute... There is no substance to form a debate around... By that, I do mean that discussion if Trump is Neo or not, is not substantive.

I know it’s fun to bitch about evil liberals on this forum just hating Trump, but... there is absolutely nothing else there...

10+ Year Old Account
    I stand with you and your balls. Be proud of them. #FelyasBalls
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Seriously dude, check this out... This is the only positive things said about the speech Trump gave:

What am I supposed to do with this? Why would watching what he said, have anything to do with what was posted above? Is there something here for me to dispute, beyond just affection for Trump? There is no policy to disagree with... there is not fact to dispute... There is no substance to form a debate around... By that, I do mean that discussion if Trump is Neo or not, is not substantive.

I know it’s fun to bitch about evil liberals on this forum just hating Trump, but... there is absolutely nothing else there...
    These kinda folk who run with their affection for Trump should follow the advice of one of their best and brightest, Ben 'Can't Give My Wife An Orgasm' Shapiro - facts don't care about their feelings. They can have as much as adoration for Trump or his speeches.

But the facts are indisputable. His entire reign as President just like his speech, has been impotent.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I sincerely doubt you'll see many red states making that change since the EC is essentially the GOP's savior by now. At least as far as the Presidency goes.
    Yeah - the movement is close, but it needs a few more purple/reddish states to buy in. We'll see.

49,601 new cases, less than 1k fewer than last week. Overall this week has seen very little difference from the previous for reasons already mentioned. It's not encouraging.

California: 5,406 new cases; 145 deaths
    Texas: 4,987 new cases; 168 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Iowa: 2,574 new cases (bigly new record); 13 deaths
    Illinois: 2,434 new cases; 20 deaths
    Georgia: 2,298 new cases; 78 deaths
    Tennessee: 1,636 new cases; 28 deaths
    North Carolina: 1,550 new cases; 23 deaths
    Missouri: 1,474 new cases; 10 deaths
    South Carolina: 1,353 new cases; 27 deaths
    Ohio: 1,279 new cases; 28 deaths
    Alabama: 1,162 new cases; 31 deaths
    Virginia: 1,013 new cases; 23 deaths

So. Iowa. It's looking pretty fucked right now. Today's total is nearly triple the total from two days ago (~900). That's bad. Now let's take a look at some of the neighboring states: North Dakota has been increasing to new highs the past few days; their highest being yesterday. South Dakota same story (both are below 1k so I haven't been mentioning them here). Illinois was already dealing with a slow increase, so they're going to be in trouble. Missouri's been up the past few weeks. Minnesota had a record high yesterday. We might be looking at another epicenter here, so...there's that. I'll be keeping my eye on it for the next week, but I'm sure Iowa will be in the news tomorrow if it isn't already today. September is looking bad already.

Deaths totalled 1,105, slightly down from last Friday. The national total stands at 185,901, so we'll be between 187k-188k to round off August on Monday. I haven't been paying attention to the models because I find them mostly pointless and depressing, but I think several that have been mentioned in this thread before are likely way off by now. Underestimated.

Given that Trump has just finished hosting a super-spreader event at the White House I'll be watching the numbers for DC for a while--though I'm sure most of those people will just be taking it home to other states with them.

Stay safe, folks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2020-08-29 at 02:04 AM.