Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowlands raid patches!

Hey everyone, this is just speculation from me no facts or anything like that so here we goes:

Patch 9.0
    Castle Nathria
    : it will be the Uldir of this expansion.

Patch 9.1
    Sylvanas raid
    : will be the equivalent to Jaina's raid was in BfA.

Patch 9.2 Mueh'zala's raid: Usually the biggest mid raid in expansions Bwosamdi and Talanji will get involved there.

Patch 9.3 The Jailer's raid
    : the last official raid of the expansion and the Jailer will be the last boss of it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have similar prediction, but I think 9.2 will be heavy focused on Arthas and raid will be on some new SL realm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I have similar prediction, but I think 9.2 will be heavy focused on Arthas and raid will be on some new SL realm.
    I do think Arthas will get involved in the Sylvanas raid!

Do you think Sylvanas will die in a raid? or similar to Garrosh? that she will have her own raid then get defeated finally dies later on?

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely Maw raid after Castle Nathria and probably to rescue Anduin as the goal.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    More likely Maw raid after Castle Nathria and probably to rescue Anduin as the goal.
    I do think the Maw is where the last raid of Jailer will be.

9.0: Castle Nathria:
    9.1: Maw Raid - With the Jailer being freed. Slyvannas as the final boss but she'll survive for the final raid.
    9.2: Helya Raid - she's allied with the Jailer and I don't think she appears otherwise in leveling. A watery afterlife could be a cool new zone and allow Odyn to be brought back building on his link to the Shadowlands.
    9.3: Jailer vs Arbiter Raid - So much stuff suggests the current set up in the Shadowlands is flawed suggesting the Arbiter might not be "good". Plus a three way battle raid would be new.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-08-29 at 04:46 PM.

Sylvanas will definitely die in her raid. The Jailer will most likely backstab her once he sees she has outlived her usefulness, at which point Sylvanas will realize that she was just a pawn all along.

Sylvanas definitely won't be 9.3 material, since we already know Jailer, and not Sylvanas, is the main villain, central driving force, and final boss of Shadowlands. Arthas will help us defeat Jailer and earn a better afterlife for himself, proving Uther and Devos wrong.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    I do think the Maw is where the last raid of Jailer will be.
    During the alpha/beta some armour called maw raid was datamined suggesting it might be fairly early on in the cycle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sylvanas will definitely die in her raid. The Jailer will most likely backstab her once he sees she has outlived her usefulness, at which point Sylvanas will realize that she was just a pawn all along.

Sylvanas definitely won't be 9.3 material, since we already know Jailer, and not Sylvanas, is the main villain, central driving force, and final boss of Shadowlands. Arthas will help us defeat Jailer and earn a better afterlife for himself, proving Uther and Devos wrong.
    Hmmm interesting...so you think Sylvanas will get the Gul'dan treatment in Legion expansion? or Garrosh at the end of MoP and early WoD?

I've actually been very curious about this myself. Arthas having been dropping into the SL without proper "processing", he might be free of some typical restrictions that would apply to those who are. I've also though that it simply being Arthas, there's the chance he creates a realm on his own and raises an army in it. He could potentially be working closely with, like, the Jailer. The first episode of that series definitely makes it clear that we'll cross him at some point, it's just a matter of when.

I've also been speculative that the Arbiter will be the last boss of the expansion. The Jailer could have been assigned to the Maw and has basically been in suffering since, but ultimately the Arbiter chooses peoples fates rather than them choosing their own fates and the Jailer could be trying to change that.

Overall, it's all speculation and I'm excited for the story of this expansion to see what unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    During the alpha/beta some armour called maw raid was datamined suggesting it might be fairly early on in the cycle
    That doesn't necessarily mean we will fight the fight the jailer though. Every expansion has a new zone added somewhere in it the Maw raid will probably be where we try and fail to keep him from escaping and then the next raid is where we kill him. My guess anyway

Hmmm interesting...so you think Sylvanas will get the Gul'dan treatment in Legion expansion? or Garrosh at the end of MoP and early WoD?
    Yes, she will get that treatment. Very clearly they are not planning on redeeming her, since her shiny new model screams "evil raid boss".
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I can see her living in the first raid to be bought back with the Jailer twisting her with her being guilt ridden and wanting to die.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean we will fight the fight the jailer though. Every expansion has a new zone added somewhere in it the Maw raid will probably be where we try and fail to keep him from escaping and then the next raid is where we kill him. My guess anyway
    I entirely agree maw raid 9.1 with him escaping the maw at the cliamx

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas will probably be seen b 9.3 or at least at that point. They were hiding him and then all of a sudden the animated Afterlife short showed him post Wrath. The Jailer will escape I bet at some point.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I can see her living in the first raid to be bought back with the Jailer twisting her with her being guilt ridden and wanting to die.

- - - Updated - - -

I entirely agree maw raid 9.1 with him escaping the maw at the cliamx
    I don't see the point of keeping her alive past her defeat in a raid. She can feel remorse for her atrocities while dying in her raid. See Kil'jaeden. He felt remorse just as he died, realizing that he was just a pawn of Sargeras.

Where does Argus fit in? As far as I know he went into the shadowlands and could play a part? Same with the old gods.

I don't see the point of keeping her alive past her defeat in a raid. She can feel remorse for her atrocities while dying in her raid. See Kil'jaeden. He felt remorse just as he died, realizing that he was just a pawn of Sargeras.
    Honestly for me it feels like killing her innd .1 after 2 expansions of her preparing for this feels to soon. Also a broken twisted Slyvannas screaming to die would really piss off her fanboys so that would be fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Very rare pepe View Post
    Where does Argus fit in? As far as I know he went into the shadowlands and could play a part? Same with the old gods.
    No reason in to assume he/they would be. There's enough plotlines already on the expansion to cover patches. Helya is confirmed in and doesn't seem to feature or instance etc etc

Old God's probably return to the void if anywhere.

Patch 9.0Castle Nathria: it will be the Uldir of this expansion.
    Patch 9.1Sylvanas raid: will be the equivalent to Jaina's raid was in BfA.
    Patch 9.2 Mueh'zala's raid: Usually the biggest mid raid in expansions Bwosamdi and Talanji will get involved there.
    Patch 9.3 The Jailer's raid: the last official raid of the expansion and the Jailer will be the last boss of it.
    You're not taking into consideration that they always add at least one new zone, and a new zone means an entirely new afterlife. Replace Mueh'zala with a Kel'thuzad raid. Mueh'zala is a punk. And I earnestly don't think the Jailer is the main antagonist. Devos is apparently bad for helping the Mawsworn but she was also right: The Archon is dangerously irresponsible, she just doesn't care that everyone is being sent to the maw beyond losing out on Anima. Archon or Arbiter as real last boss. Or like the last two expansions where the final boss is someone who wasn't even present during the rest of the expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Arthas will probably be seen b 9.3 or at least at that point. They were hiding him and then all of a sudden the animated Afterlife short showed him post Wrath. The Jailer will escape I bet at some point.
    I want the jailer to escape & use that Sargeras sword just because I hate that they're acting like they just forgot about it. But apparently killing Argus when he was corrupted just freed his soul, allowing him to reform, like Aggramar. So I guess if Jailer actually wants the soul of Azeroth in the Shadowlands he has to do something special. But considering any arthas Dialog from the Afterlife short is reused from ICC, unlike Kel'thuzad who they have tons of new dialog, means they probably don't actually plan on Arthas showing up. He's just in the Maw's swirling abyss. You can go to Torghast, but you can't go there.

I thought they had kinda said that while Arthas could appear, he wouldn't get much of the spotlight?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Yep. Sylvanas in Maw raid guarding Anduin and revealing something about Arthas in final cinematic. Fits perfectly, since 9.1 likely won't have new zones.

For 8.3 Jailer raid we could either discover previously unexplored parts of Maw as 8.3 zone or he could cross to Azeroth. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    I thought they had kinda said that while Arthas could appear, he wouldn't get much of the spotlight?
    He just did.

So far Sylvanas IS going Gul'dan route. First we worked with her, later she become villain, but without appearing as raid boss. Like Gul'dan (and unlike Jaina) she fits perfectly to bring people back to WoW (her raid would be released around late March I guess, so launch tourist will already drop), everyone would like to finally kill the b*tch.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-08-29 at 05:20 PM.