Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    What's your problem with credit cards? As long as you don't accumulate unpayable debt every month its a very valuable financial tool.

When shopping online it gives you a layer of protection in case you become victim to fraud. You can challenge charges before you pay them, and it becomes your banks problem. Options like charge-backs become open to you in case you ever get ripped off.

When you pay using debit, you are spending cold hard cash then and there. If you get scammed or ripped off or defrauded in any way, the money is gone. That alone is a pretty horrible disadvantage.

Regularly paying off a credit card balance also builds you a credit history and a credit score, which is critical if you ever want to buy a house, or start a business.

At the end of the day you use your debit cards to pay off your credit cards so I don't see what people's apprehension towards it is. If you use a credit card like a line of credit you're gonna have a bad time.
    Dunno, but I'm 30 and I don't know any one with a credit card in my generation. Even my dirt poor mates who could do with the payday advances avoid them like the plauge.

I think its probly all the bad press they have gotten over the years

Could it be that your card is expired?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Anybody is haveing this issue as well as me i can no longer use debit card for some reason to play wow i don't have credict card either so any other options?
    I use a debit card, so it's not that.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Dunno, but I'm 30 and I don't know any one with a credit card in my generation. Even my dirt poor mates who could do with the payday advances avoid them like the plauge.

I think its probly all the bad press they have gotten over the years

Judging by your use of the word mates, I'd guess you're not an American, so I can't speak for other countries, but it's folly for Americans not to have credit cards. The amount of money you can save in a lifetime with good credit is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Now i'm curious. Why do you have 7?
    Because 6 of them have low interest and great rewards/benefits programs. One not so much and I plan to close it.

Wow i found out they took out the option for debit where i live its either paypal that charges extra or gametime cards from now on wtf! lol!

Anybody is haveing this issue as well as me i can no longer use debit card for some reason to play wow i don't have credict card either so any other options?
    Check if your debit card is expired. They do have expirey dates that they will not work after thaf and you need to get a new one.

I know its annoying answer to the OP, but why people dont have a credit card I just dont understand, unless you're like a degenerate impulse buyer....In Denmark you get Dankort (Dancard...) once your like 18, maybe some can get it sooner, and it just does it all...

Also Dankort is very secure, no fee's, and works for all online payments. Can even travel with it, with like a 1k cash out limit pr. day as default for safety, but rich folks can probably change that when they travel.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

literally bought $280 in tokens on my debit card 2 days ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Where is OP
    Nvm found their latest post.

Suck your forced to change pay methods.

Maybe it’s a bug, try reporting it on official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The available payment methods are depending on your country, so without stating that you will never get any meaningful answer to know if it is a general or a "you" issue.
    It is certain that it is a "you" issue. Probably an expired card or mistyped number by the op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Visa Debit is just as good as Visa.
    The store cannot refuse Visa Debit if it accepts Visa.

I find it funny that when paying for sub and choosing between 1 or 3 months is that it doesnt matter choosing which since it becomes automatically renewed anyway by default. Clever Blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    I find it funny that when paying for sub and choosing between 1 or 3 months is that it doesnt matter choosing which since it becomes automatically renewed anyway by default. Clever Blizzard...
    Like every subscription ever? Auto renewal is what subscription means.

... Of course it matters? If you pay for three months and stop playing after two, you wasted a month. If you pay for one month three times you paid a bit more. Just don't renew the sub if you aren't playing, it should be that hard. And if it is, there are plenty of services out there to make virtual cards that only hold a small amount of money on it (for example just enough for one 3 month sub at a time).

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Judging by your use of the word mates, I'd guess you're not an American, so I can't speak for other countries, but it's folly for Americans not to have credit cards. The amount of money you can save in a lifetime with good credit is staggering.
    Definetly american system. Never even heard of credit score.

if you got a new card you need to update your info - exp date and 3 digit code on the back for the system to take it
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    The amount I have saved by paying for everything with cash or debit has been staggering. Credit is for fools that think they can avoid making any mistakes and once they do make mistakes they start rationalizing using credit even with the mistakes that are bleeding them dry.

- - - Updated - - -

I usually play for less than a month at a time so paying for one month then cancelling makes sense for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your debit card is declined with Blizzard, it goes into a 24 hour lockdown where it won't accept payments from that card no matter what. Try again tomorrow.
    Here is something to believe in!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wow i found out they took out the option for debit where i live its either paypal that charges extra or gametime cards from now on wtf! lol!
    That’s unusual. Where are you located