Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    What? DS has tons of lore. What you mean is storytelling. Its storytelling is really vague and cryptic, but its lore is fantastic, especially DS1 and 2.
    I am a huge fan of all Soulsborne and I will say that there are games with way better lore. It is good, yes, but also storytelling needs to be developed or the lore is severely crippled. I don't know anyone that plays/has played Souls games for their lore, usually they work through the game, with little to no info apart from random bits from items/NPCs, and then go watch explanations about the things they cannot figure.

Even then, a lot of it remains obscure. Who is the Iron King? Is it the same dude that had a relationship with Mytha? What is Ocelotte? What is with the painting girl? How many primordial serpents are there and why?

If I had to point to a game with stellar plot and storytelling I would say Mass Effect 2. I can still remember most of it ten years later and I never felt like something was left unintentionally unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I am a huge fan of all Soulsborne and I will say that there are games with way better lore. It is good, yes, but also storytelling needs to be developed or the lore is severely crippled. I don't know anyone that plays/has played Souls games for their lore, usually they work through the game, with little to no info apart from random bits from items/NPCs, and then go watch explanations about the things they cannot figure.

Even then, a lot of it remains obscure. Who is the Iron King? Is it the same dude that had a relationship with Mytha? What is Ocelotte? What is with the painting girl? How many primordial serpents are there and why?

If I had to point to a game with stellar plot and storytelling I would say Mass Effect 2. I can still remember most of it ten years later and I never felt like something was left unintentionally unanswered.
    I usually watch Vaatividya to unravel the lore for me, he usually knows his shit with regards to the lore.
    Last edited by Deathknightish; 2020-08-29 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Jokes aside, OP try to read some of the lore and watch the trailers and videos Blizzard has presented with us and it will make more sense.
    Well, missing the reason why we go there requires active effort, so it is a reasonable question.

We are hunting Sylvanas for war crimes and cause she is a threat (and she opened a huge thing on the sky that is clearly a problem).

There is also another reason but it is kind of a spoiler still. You will learn with the pre-patch campaign.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-29 at 08:22 PM.

Sylvanas cracked the sky, connecting Azeroth to the afterlife and kidnaps major leaders of the horde and alliance.

Think after all we've done, then getting told we got to go to shadowlands...

I'd be "Not my problem anymore, let someone else do it, I'm off fishing"

then head to nearest body of water, get my chair out, rod out and just fish..

15+ Year Old Account
    Because we’re not content killing everything once on Azeroth. We’re going to the afterlife and kill em all again! With feeling!
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    I honestly also don't know why we are going there.

Yeah, Sylvanas ran off cackling and opened a hole to hell. But why bother jumping in? Is Sylvanas' hole going to attack us?
    So many things could be said.....no......just no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metrox View Post
    So many things could be said.....no......just no.
    Your restraint is...legendary.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Off topic I know but this point is so confusing to me. How did the Legion find this Smith, get to him in the maw, convince him to make the helm and frostmourne, and get it back out of the Shadowlands?
    Damn I guess we'll have to wait and see? This isn't a plot hole lmao