Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Can't you skip the torghast intro on alts?
    Nope, and with how XP gains are right now, you want every bit of XP you can get.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Sucks we're probably never going to have a full story zone at max level during an expansion launch again, like Suramar
    Thank fucking GOD.

I hated Suramar with the fury of a thousand yeast infections. Fuck that entire questline/zone.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thank fucking GOD.

I hated Suramar with the fury of a thousand yeast infections. Fuck that entire questline/zone.
    Having patch content-quality zone at max level felt great, the story was trash, but I thought it was good, minus the "AN ILLUSION" bs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Having patch content-quality zone at max level felt great, the story was trash, but I thought it was good, minus the "AN ILLUSION" bs.
    Shadowlands does seem light on content doesn't it?

Shadowlands does seem light on content doesn't it?
    As long as Torghast isn't as boring as warfronts & islands consider it a net gain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    As long as Torghast isn't as boring as warfronts & islands consider it a net gain.
    We really are relying on 9.1 having a lot of content though. If we are stuck with just world quests for 6 to 8 months it could get bad.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean islands and warfronts were boring, but we didn't run out of things to do.

We really are relying on 9.1 having a lot of content though. If we are stuck with just world quests for 6 to 8 months it could get bad.
    Are M+, raids, and maybe Torghast (assuming they fix the enemy scaling) not enough? I think most people would rather not have trivial content that they don't care about tied to power.

In that sense, not having islands/warfronts is a good thing

Hey there, just got into the forum so hello everyone

I have a question about 9.0 - Prepatch changes, will we get currency conversion and which ones will be converted into gold?

Quote Originally Posted by Silvz View Post
    Hey there, just got into the forum so hello everyone

I have a question about 9.0 - Prepatch changes, will we get currency conversion and which ones will be converted into gold?
    Titan Residuum is my only guess. Maybe Echoes too because it will no longer have a purpose post patch? Not sure.

I think most can agree that classes are in a much better state overall. Even with little to no more changes.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't happen anymore though with only 6 floors.?
    Many classes are better, but there are still those who are in a horrible state. I know that there always tends to be a big loser in each expansion that ends up with a really shitty spec, but that doesnt mean that Blizzard should be allowed to leave Hunter in the state it is when it clearly needs help desperately.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Titan Residuum is my only guess. Maybe Echoes too because it will no longer have a purpose post patch? Not sure.
    When I went on the PTR only Titan Residuum was converted. Echoes will still be useful for buying essences on alts.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TomatoBisque View Post
    Are M+, raids, and maybe Torghast (assuming they fix the enemy scaling) not enough? I think most people would rather not have trivial content that they don't care about tied to power.

In that sense, not having islands/warfronts is a good thing
    Are they enough in 8.3?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Are they enough in 8.3?
    I didn't heard "there is nothing to do" complain (with exception from people that whine about everything) since WoD. It was other way around, people often complain about either RNG or grind that force them to repeat stuff they don't want to do.

8.3 had enough things to do, most people had problem with corruption which was completely RNG like legos (I'm talking about early 8.3), only other way to get specific one was to pay milions on auction house, and they played too much role in out dps.

Patch content is based on 4 major things: dungeons, raids, PVP, achievements/collections/pet battles. Sometimes we get solo challenge, and I hope it will become standard for every patch some day (like dungeon seasons since Legion and collections since WoTLK). I would also like much more story in patches, only once WoW patch satisfied me in that field - 7.1 (7.3 and 8.1 were better than usual, but still not enough imo, rest patches I won't even comment).

But .0 patch is different thing. SL on start will have 8 fresh dungeons, 10 boss raid, ton of new stuff to collect, ton of new story, Torghast. From what I've seen world content won't be something that you need to rush to be ready for raids, but will still take long time. So yeah, looks like there will be enough stuff to do, even if Maw turn out as dissapointment.

And of course I hope we won't wait for 9.1 as long as for 8.1. With October release it should be on early February (and raid on March), so we should get first news and maybe first PTR build before Christmas to keep this machine going well.

What will be the best way to make gold outside of AH and selling carries in SL? By that I mean any special farms look good like the spare parts farm in BfA? Which is better? Herbalism, mining, skinning, alchemy, scribe...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like there is less to do in SL. Just raids and dungeons and pvp prior Legion were absolutely fine gameplay activities that people did for 10 years. There is no need to tie player power to more (usually unfun) sources.

question from beta players

any one play with low rig ? i got 970 g1 gaming and i5 6600 im not sure if i can get decent performance on 1080
    so how many fps u lost compare to bfa in same setting anyone tested that?
    Last edited by wizardsnz; 2020-08-30 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsnz View Post
    question from beta players

any one play with low rig ? i got 970 g1 gaming and i5 6600 im not sure if i can get decent performance on 1080
    so if how many fps u lost compare to bfa in same setting anyone tested that?
    That rig will crush Shadowlands, don't worry about it. I was playing beta on my old system (3770k & 970) & it was doing great on high settings with low shadows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Thank fucking GOD.

Suramar was great and awesome on your first play through. Not so much later in the xpac on your alts.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    That rig will crush Shadowlands, don't worry about it. I was playing beta on my old system (3770k & 970) & it was doing great on high settings with low shadows.
    thx i was worried cause the sys requirements in shadowlands jumped alot im fine as long as i can get 60fps on raids i will be ok

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, first time I see something like this. They remade Stone Legion Generals fight due to feedback (fight was dull according to many). Was a two boss fight where you got both of them active all the time apart from intermissions. Now on all difficulties one boss is active while other flies above, then they swap, and in last phase they are both active. They also added new abilities and adds. Don't membered doing such a big changes to a fight during beta thanks to feedback.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2020-08-30 at 08:43 AM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Suramar was great and awesome on your first play through. Not so much later in the xpac on your alts.
    No, I hated it the first time so much that it actually made me not want to ever level an alt. It was garbage content and not even a little bit fun.