Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The title
    Way to be a joke, buddy.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    And then they gutted malefic rupture with a stealth nerf they couldn't even be bothered telling us about amongst their walls of text explaining changes for all the other classes
    lol gutted. yeah, warlocks are horrible on the beta right now..

- - - Updated - - -

I agree it was too good - it allowed affliction to keep up with DH/Rogue burst AOE which we all know is a major no-no.

I am just annoyed they stealth nerfed it, as it was the only thing propping up Affliction damage (our dots hit for nothing, other than UA).
    dont worry, im sure a decimating bolt nerf will be documented, when it happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Affliction has gone all of BFA with no AOE to speak of, while Rogues and DH have been able to faceroll massive numbers for the entirety of BFA. It would have been nice to feel like a real AOE class for once.
    warlocks have been terrible! since they were great in legion i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sensei- View Post
    Not true. What this nerf does is kills affliction, because it’s trash compared to Destro now. That is, unless Destro gets a stealth nerf next.
    wont be stealth nerfs. destro will get nerfed. as will dk and other classes.

I agree it was too good - it allowed affliction to keep up with DH/Rogue burst AOE which we all know is a major no-no.

I am just annoyed they stealth nerfed it, as it was the only thing propping up Affliction damage (our dots hit for nothing, other than UA).
    So Rogues and DHs should also get something that allows them to keep up with Warlocks insane overall raid performance throughout the last 10 years? Warlocks are consistently the kings of raiding.. but that’s not enough for you.. you also have to be the kings of M+ too.

10+ Year Old Account

We're a dot class with noodles for dots.
    Fair point. But I doubt this is the last and only tuning nob we get to have. Not to mention we can't do proper testing since conduits are bugged rn. I think some of the tuning taken into consideration is with "bis" conduits. I agree that a dot should not be 5% of our damage but a filler spell should not be 30 either

I just want Soul Rot to not be garbage because it would be nice to be able to go into a covenant with an actual mobility skill, and Soulshape is really good on this abysmally slow class.

the spec is just boring and sucks

remove Siphon Life and make Agony a NON ramping Dot

and its instantly better to play

and while at it. remove shadowbolt again

Affliction has gone all of BFA with no AOE to speak of, while Rogues and DH have been able to faceroll massive numbers for the entirety of BFA. It would have been nice to feel like a real AOE class for once.
    Why are you comparing a spec (Affliction) to two classes (Rogue and DH)? Not every spec is going to be viable for every playstyle.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    So Rogues and DHs should also get something
    Rogues and DH have always been the kings of pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    you also have to be the kings of M+ too.
    I'd settle for not being trash-tier.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Fair point. But I doubt this is the last and only tuning nob we get to have.
    My bad, I forgot that it's only alpha/beta/prepatch and that prepatch/tuning before raids opens/9.1/9.2/9.3/9.4/next expansion will fix it!

Rogues and DH have always been the kings of pretty much everything.
    Well DH only been in the game since Legion so I don't know what your definition of "always" is.

Either way, it's completely untrue. Warlocks are the undisputed kings of raiding and they have been for the last many years. If Warlock should have the same burst AOE as DH or Rogue, then they should also have the same insane spread cleave as Warlocks. You cannot just have it one way.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd settle for not being trash-tier.
    I would also like my Outlaw Rogue not to be trash tier in raiding. But it is. It got horrible single target damage while Warlocks are just destroying all the charts with their insane damage.

Okay but what did they nerf? Damage? Targets? Did they add a max Range?

imagine being a warlock and still complain.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Dude, as a warlock main, Malefic Rupture was too good, and the nerf in the long scheme of things wont be that significant. In the beta, Affliction was literally the highest burst dps in the game. We will survive.
    Why is that a bad thing though? Why is it bad for a spec to be number 1 in something if it usually isn't?

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why is that a bad thing though? Why is it bad for a spec to be number 1 in something if it usually isn't?
    Don’t bite. That guy is not a Warlock main, but yet another guy being gleeful about affliction going back to the dumpster.

Warlocks are by far the whiniest players when they aren't the most op class by a huge margin. The only players who takes this stuff to a persobal level and feel offended when they get nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Doesn't Afflictions damage stem from drain soul anyway? Or was that fixed? Yes, it's aoe might be weakened, but still it should be fine.

You can switch specs almost freely now, so play a warlock not just a spec.
    Not if 2 specs use the same soulbind, then you can only swap once a week
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Warlocks are by far the whiniest players when they aren't the most op class by a huge margin. The only players who takes this stuff to a persobal level and feel offended when they get nerfed.
    One one level that is right. One the other level we have to endure the most changes/reworks to our class out of all classes and many of them are far from good. So often performance and design gets mixed up, meaning "whining" about design (which I consider legitimate) becomes whining about performance (which is not always legitimate).

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Not if 2 specs use the same soulbind, then you can only swap once a week
    No, you can still change the layout of the tree of one soulbind to account for 2 specs. Depending on the spec you won't have 3 potency conduits for each spec though, but if one spec is far superior for one situation a missing potency conduit won't be much of a loss.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-08-30 at 09:33 AM.

The spell was clearly overtuned massively? Why would they have left it that way? It's not like Aff was doing poorly in beta, just not AS well as destro. Having the best spec in the game in your class is a pretty good problem to have.

You also mentioned DH, which is currently in the lower middle~ of the pack. so yeah, you'll get a nerf before they do sitting in the top 3-4 spot.

I wonder how many threads like this will appear when Blizz will start tuning classes for final release. Like seriously, there will be so many nerfs and buffs to classes/abilities and for everything we gonna see a thread how the XX class/spec is dead?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    The fact is, affliction barring tuning has always been a worse shadow priest.

Come shadowlands, shadow priest will be a far superior DoT class. Zero ramp up on their dots, only 2 dots to apply to multiple targets, talents that allow them to easily spread their dots
    Talent* one dot* if you ignore misery but thats not a SL talent, if you go misery you still need to target-switch.

This is strange, everywhere I see "aff lock like omg best specc ever in SL", then going to aff specc-thread/discord = buhubuh worst ever. But well im pretty sure its the same everywhere. That just how ppl work, never satisfied.

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Talent* one dot* if you ignore misery but thats not a SL talent, if you go misery you still need to target-switch.

This is strange, everywhere I see "aff lock like omg best specc ever in SL", then going to aff specc-thread/discord = buhubuh worst ever. But well im pretty sure its the same everywhere. That just how ppl work, never satisfied.
    That’s not the reason though. The reason is that the people in Warlock forums and discord are up to date with the current situation and power level, unlike casual players and generic surface level streamers regurgitating weeks old hyperbole.

I’m also very curious what makes people think ’every class’ is getting nerfed soon. Tuning started a long time ago, people must have missed it. It’s still on going, but we have no idea who is getting the shaft and who isn’t. That’s normal for every expansion. We very well might go into Castle Nathria with destro at god level and affli at trailer trash flaming oil barrel level. I admire the eternal optimists though.