Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate when people tatto their name...

15+ Year Old Account
    Head, hands, neck tattoos.
    Also, skulls unless it's about steam/cyber punk.
    Most tribal tattoos look bad. Some look good, but it's way too cliche. I have tattoos covering half my arms, I wouldn't do it myself.

Yeah, any tattoos in places that can't be easily covered up with clothing is a no-go.

Face, head, neck, and hand tattoos just show you have no intention of doing anything other than drugs, knocking off liquor stores, or being a soundcloud rapper....but I repeat myself.

Anything on someone's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    While I don't specifically hate them they do look like silent cries for help: "I need to paint my body with stupid shit because I don't get enough attention, I'm not co0OL enough or I'm a sheep that must jump on any trend."
    What makes you think all tattoos are visible to other people?

Facial and neck tattoos. Only the scum of the earth does that.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's like people don't read at all...tribal is terrible.
    remember the 90s and early 00s when that was a trend.

bet they feel fucking dumb nowadays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    While I don't specifically hate them they do look like silent cries for help: "I need to paint my body with stupid shit because I don't get enough attention, I'm not co0OL enough or I'm a sheep that must jump on any trend."
    im going to get some tattos to cover up some burn scars on my back. no ones ever likly to see them its just id rather like to take my top of now and then on the odd hot day we get in the UK without it being like unvailing the face of an elderichgod.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones that get onto your skin.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

10+ Year Old Account
    All of them.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Not a huge fan of tattoos that are portraits of other people. Like, just a headshot. Especially if they've died and they're memorializing them. That's not a way to memorialize a relative, imo. All my tattoos I consider personal expressions of who I am, and I find it ghoulish to try and keep a person's memory alive simply as a sign of your grief and how much it affected you. It's almost profane, imo, because you're re-framing their death to how much it affected you.

Might also have to do more with the fact that portraits are some of the hardest tattoos to do, and there's so many tattoo artists who can't do it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tribals, names, and faces of other people.

Tribal tattoos are unoriginal and uncreative. Whenever I see people with them I just can't help but think lowly of them. There's not much thought process that goes into it. It's most likely the person looking at the shop's wall and going "yeah, that looks cool gimme that one".

Name tattoos are just stupid. What's the point of them? Are you going to forget the name of the person so you have it tattooed on you for life? Not that I've really seen any but what's even worse is getting your own name tattooed on you either in english or some other language like chinese or japanese.

Getting a face tattooed on you just looks stupid and most of the time look horrible. Leave that kind of stuff for actual pictures.

If you're going to get a tattoo it should have meaning or at least be an original design.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2020-08-29 at 05:14 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    the "tribal" tattoos on anyone. if you're Polynesian, that's allowed in my book. Chinese or Japanese characters on non-Chinese or non-Japanese people. You're just trying too hard or you're projecting your Asian fetish.
    Or the symbols look cool?

Nothing to do with a fetish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tatoo #none, that's my favorite of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Or the symbols look cool?

Nothing to do with a fetish.
    They're characters, not symbols. And if a person is getting Japanese or Chinese "symbols" based simply on the premise it "looks cool" then that says a lot about the lack of thought the person put into it.

But hey, that's only my opinion on it, since the OP asked. People do whatever they want, and it's hardly a big deal.

All of the vulgar, classless ones; e.g. tribals, random Roman numerals, tramp stamps, names, and generally speaking low-quality ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommys View Post
    Anything in a language the wearer cant read.
    I'm torn on those. Some are just cringy, but others are comedy gold, especially those where the tattoo artist was blatantly trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    They're characters, not symbols. And if a person is getting Japanese or Chinese "symbols" based simply on the premise it "looks cool" then that says a lot about the lack of thought the person put into it.

But hey, that's only my opinion on it, since the OP asked. People do whatever they want, and it's hardly a big deal.
    They are literally symbols the entire writing system is.

There is a reason the kanji for concave is 凹
    Literally the definition of a symbolic language is a language that uses symbols it images.

Many Chinese characters literally are symbols of things... hence symbols

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereturn View Post
    Facial and neck tattoos. Only the scum of the earth does that.
    LOL that's some hyperbole there.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Yeah, any tattoos in places that can't be easily covered up with clothing is a no-go.

Face, head, neck, and hand tattoos just show you have no intention of doing anything other than drugs, knocking off liquor stores, or being a soundcloud rapper....but I repeat myself.
    I know few PhD professors with sleeve tattoos and one has on both arms...

neck and face tattoos are a little too far for me.

i also don't like a lot of the stupid stick figure tattoos that seem to be popular with the younger people these days. it's a stick figure, babe, just use a sharpie
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

All tattoos. It feels to me people used to do it to stand out. Now you're just another sheeple for having one.

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I know few PhD professors with sleeve tattoos and one has on both arms...
    What about face, head, neck, and hand has to do with sleeve tattoos, which if I'm not mistaken, stop at the wrist usually and can be hidden by a shirt?