Page 1 of 2
LastLast

{SPECULATION} 9.1, 9.5, and 9.2 Storylines

Two New Raids... Names TBD
    One consists of Corrupted Devos and Uther where we save Uther from his current path. This is a mini raid after the 9.1 main story, possibly with a 9.1.5

The main raid is helping the spirits of the Shadowlands from Azeroths past with their redemption, paying homage too their respective fights from previous expanions, such as Arthas and Garrosh.
    Arthas's soul still has a lingering effect from the Helm of Domination and Nerzhuls whispers being in his head for so long... Jaina Proudmoore and The spirit of Terennas Menethil attempt to help in this fight. Ultimately, Arthas becomes 9.1s version of Illidan in Legion. This does not help in our fight too cure Uther's soul.

Garrosh has a talk with Thrall before our fight with him. This would be the opening cinematic to the fight. At 1% hp, a cinematic plays... Thrall attempts to apologize for his actions in Nagrand... Garrosh lashes out and swings for Thrall. Before Garrosh can lay a killing blow towards Thrall, Draka jumps in between them. "You were right, Garrosh. I failed you. I set you on the path of destruction you went across... and for this, you suffer. I... I am sorry." Garrosh and Thrall talk for some time, until Garrosh forgives Thrall. Once again, Thrall decides to leave behind his duties as a hero of the Horde too live in seclusion with his family in Nagrand.
    ~~~
    Now here me out... I REALLY dont like when they bring back dead characters... but since they already said Arthas is coming back, and have hinted too Garrosh.... i think these are okay stories too go down, just so long as Arthas gets a redemption like Illidan did in Legion.
    Garrosh's story should end in Venthyr just in this raid after his solice with Thrall.

New Raid: The Maw
    Blizzards first attempt at an open world raid environment where the raid group is only phased in the open world for the raid... no instance.
    9 Boss Raid ending with Sylvanas. This raid consists of her remaining Valkyr.
    Nathanos’s “death” in the prepatch is not the last we see of him.

The raid ends with Sylvanas trying too escape the shadowlands back too azeroth through the broken Sky in Icecrown. The last phase of her fight is at the Frozen Throne.
    Cinematic plays at 5%.
    Bolvar approaches Sylvanas on her knees, newly reforged Helm of Domination equipped (Runecarver fixes it in 9.1)
    Just as Bolvar goes for the final blow... Gene Greyman asks if he may do the honors.
    “ Your Valkyr are gone. There is no return for you this time. I once reminded you how you took my sons future... and believed that taking yours would avenge him. No... This is for Teldrassil. This is for Azeroth”
    Genn finally gets the killing blow on Sylvanas.
    All seems to be well, until the sky shatters more. Every zone in azeroth now has a Shattered Sky. The Jailer is not pleased with our killing his right hand.

9.3 brings Invasions back to Azeroth as beings from the Maw come to destroy all life on our world.
    Torghast to have its own Raid ending with The Jailer.
    Last edited by borrborr; 2020-08-30 at 09:00 PM.

Lol... you wasted your time on writing all of this? (I just went through couple lines)

Genn fan-boy wants Sylvanas dead.... It won't happen.

I want Sylvanas to die as much as anyone. But I don't want to give the kill to Genn. Or Tyrande. I dunno, that just wouldn't feel satisfying.

I've been saying it for a while, but I want the Jailer to kill Sylvanas, betraying her and destroying her soul when she's outlived her usefulness. That feels like a much a much more fitting end than to give either Genn or Tyrande that sort of... for lack of a better word, gratuitous closure and just slam the door on Sylvanas's story and end it, the way that Garrosh's story just ended. I'd rather Sylvanas be a Gul'dan than a Garrosh, and have the end of her story be a smoother segue into the elevation of the remainder of the story, if that makes sense.

The rest of this speculation? ...Eh.

Why... Why on earth would Thrall apologize to Garrosh?!?

Stopped reading when I saw Devos. She's the boss of the Spires of Ascension.

I swear Blizzard's Rule of Cool style storytelling has conditioned every Tom, Dick, and Harry to make wild gesticulating fanfiction every time a new piece of media is released.

well this is bad.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    So... not speculation at all. Just some fan-fiction.

I'm gonna ignore the fan-fiction and just let you know that you might want to actually look up what happens in the 9.0 storyline before making speculation threads about the future patches. Devos and Uther play a pretty big role in the Bastion campaign and it does reach a conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    Why... Why on earth would Thrall apologize to Garrosh?!?
    For setting him up as Warchief?

Just hoping Shadowlands will lead to a Light vs Void expansion with a new Void class being added.

Probably we destroy the Maw and everything breaks out of there. That will lead to whatever comes next and hopefully what I mentioned at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelathos View Post
    For setting him up as Warchief?
    "Here Garrosh, take this opportunity to lead the Horde! Your great victories in Northrend have proven that you are on the path to being a great leader!"

What a bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Every one of my allies tells me not to make Garrosh Warchief. He challenged me to a Mak'gora already once for not being warlike enough. The Alliance just got their king back, who we kept as slave and just got a tour of the Undercity

What could possibly go wrong with making Garrosh a Warchief.
    Which makes the idea of Thrall apologizing to the dude even weirder. Thrall being one of the few that actually believed in the guy and gave him a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by borrborr View Post
    Blizzards first attempt at an open world raid environment where the raid group is only phased in the open world for the raid... no instance.
    Nevermind all the story things, what makes you think this is even a good thing?
    You are still "alone" in your raid, but you lose all the advantages of being in an actual instance. World servers wouldn't be happy having several guilds doing raid content on them, thats why we have instance servers. There is no gain here.

10+ Year Old Account
    And THEN, Coldsteel the Hedgehog teleports behind Thrall and slices him in two with his wrist-mounted lightsaber.
    "Pssht, nothing personnel kid", he says, before vanishing in an explosion of anima.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by borrborr View Post
    Two New Raids... Names TBD
    One consists of Corrupted Devos and Uther where we save Uther from his current path. This is a mini raid after the 9.1 main story, possibly with a 9.1.5

The main raid is helping the spirits of the Shadowlands from Azeroths past with their redemption, paying homage too their respective fights from previous expanions, such as Arthas and Garrosh.
    Arthas's soul still has a lingering effect from the Helm of Domination and Nerzhuls whispers being in his head for so long... Jaina Proudmoore and The spirit of Terennas Menethil attempt to help in this fight. Ultimately, Arthas becomes 9.1s version of Illidan in Legion. This does not help in our fight too cure Uther's soul.

Garrosh has a talk with Thrall before our fight with him. This would be the opening cinematic to the fight. At 1% hp, a cinematic plays... Thrall attempts to apologize for his actions in Nagrand... Garrosh lashes out and swings for Thrall. Before Garrosh can lay a killing blow towards Thrall, Draka jumps in between them. "You were right, Garrosh. I failed you. I set you on the path of destruction you went across... and for this, you suffer. I... I am sorry." Garrosh and Thrall talk for some time, until Garrosh forgives Thrall. Once again, Thrall decides to leave behind his duties as a hero of the Horde too live in seclusion with his family in Nagrand.
    ~~~
    Now here me out... I REALLY dont like when they bring back dead characters... but since they already said Arthas is coming back, and have hinted too Garrosh.... i think these are okay stories too go down, just so long as Arthas gets a redemption like Illidan did in Legion.
    Garrosh's story should end in Venthyr just in this raid after his solice with Thrall.

New Raid: The Maw
    9 Boss Raid ending with Sylvanas. This raid consists of her remaining Valkyr.
    Nathanos’s “death” in the prepatch is not the last we see of him.

The raid ends with Sylvanas trying too escape the shadowlands back too azeroth through the broken Sky in Icecrown. The last phase of her fight is at the Frozen Throne.
    Cinematic plays at 5%.
    Bolvar approaches Sylvanas on her knees, newly reforged Helm of Domination equipped (Runecarver fixes it in 9.1)
    Just as Bolvar goes for the final blow... Gene Greyman asks if he may do the honors.
    “ Your Valkyr are gone. There is no return for you this time. I once reminded you how you took my sons future... and believed that taking yours would avenge him. No... This is for Teldrassil. This is for Azeroth”
    Genn finally gets the killing blow on Sylvanas.
    All seems to be well, until the sky shatters more. Every zone in azeroth now has a Shattered Sky. The Jailer is not pleased with our killing his right hand.

9.3 brings Invasions back to Azeroth as beings from the Maw come to destroy all life on our world.
    Torghast to have its own Raid ending with The Jailer.
    I don't like to be toxic, but damn... that was painful to read... I'm sorry but its just that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    "Here Garrosh, take this opportunity to lead the Horde! Your great victories in Northrend have proven that you are on the path to being a great leader!"

What a bastard.
    "Hey Garrosh you're not my first choice but you're the only choice I have (Which I have made known to everyone) to be Warchief where my friends wont give you any respect. Dont let me down chum!"

lost on on the first line because I believe the Uthur storyline is concluded in bastion leveling

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I want Sylvanas to die as much as anyone. But I don't want to give the kill to Genn. Or Tyrande. I dunno, that just wouldn't feel satisfying.

I've been saying it for a while, but I want the Jailer to kill Sylvanas, betraying her and destroying her soul when she's outlived her usefulness. That feels like a much a much more fitting end than to give either Genn or Tyrande that sort of... for lack of a better word, gratuitous closure and just slam the door on Sylvanas's story and end it, the way that Garrosh's story just ended. I'd rather Sylvanas be a Gul'dan than a Garrosh, and have the end of her story be a smoother segue into the elevation of the remainder of the story, if that makes sense.

The rest of this speculation? ...Eh.
    I actually think Arthas should deal the killing blow so the history can make a full circle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Every one of my allies tells me not to make Garrosh Warchief. He challenged me to a Mak'gora already once for not being warlike enough. The Alliance just got their king back, who we kept as slave and just got a tour of the Undercity

What could possibly go wrong with making Garrosh a Warchief.
    Your forgetting Thrall gave him a Legion of experienced and trusted advisors that Garrosh ignored every step along the way to fucking things up. It was one of the reasons Garrosh reluctantly accepted. The other being Thrall had confidence in him when no one else did.

But this is all on Garrosh for refusing to listen to those around him giving him sound advise. If I were Thrall I'd find a way to cast him into the Maw for good never to escape.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the interesting thing about the Animated Short Videos from past expansions - if you look at Warbringers again, you will see that all of them were teasing patch content. So I guess that may be the case again - giving us potential Arthas, Garrosh, Drust/Thros and Kel'Thuzad/Naxx3.0 aswell as the Jailer/Maw.

#TEAMGIRAFFE