Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    I know few PhD professors with sleeve tattoos and one has on both arms...
    Full sleeves aren't rare nowadays and lots of professionals across all kinds of industries have them because they can be easily covered with a long sleeve shirt if their job requires it.

Face/throat/hand are still generally considered job stoppers because there are a lot of fields where visible tattoos are probably going to bar you from a position or promotion, and they can't easily be covered to remedy that. Yes, there are still industries and jobs out there for heavily modified folks, but if you're a young person who doesn't have an established career field already, it's probably a bad idea regardless.

Tatttos have been so popular with the mainstream for some time now and they are so ubiquitous among certain generations that it has had the benefit of opening things up a lot more for people career-wise that, yeah, you'll see a lot more professionals with visible tattooing. But it's still not at the point where someone with a face tattoo has the full scope of fields open to them even with good qualifications.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    What about face, head, neck, and hand has to do with sleeve tattoos, which if I'm not mistaken, stop at the wrist usually and can be hidden by a shirt?
    When said sleeve i meant entire arm, sleeve is whats showing ( and arm as well ), but some have entire arm starting from shoulder, hell some even have chest, small part of neck and back in tattoo. If you wanna know one of them is a judge in criminal court. You just like to judge people based on look and not merit....

When said sleeve i meant entire arm, sleeve is whats showing ( and arm as well ), but some have entire arm starting from shoulder, hell some even have chest, small part of neck and back in tattoo. If you wanna know one of them is a judge in criminal court. You just like to judge people based on look and not merit....
    No, I just said people with tattoos in visible areas like face, throat, or the hands.

Body tattoos and sleeves I have no issues with.

I know English isn't your first language either, but c'mon, I was pretty clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Full sleeves aren't rare nowadays and lots of professionals across all kinds of industries have them because they can be easily covered with a long sleeve shirt if their job requires it.

Face/throat/hand are still generally considered job stoppers because there are a lot of fields where visible tattoos are probably going to bar you from a position or promotion, and they can't easily be covered to remedy that. Yes, there are still industries and jobs out there for heavily modified folks, but if you're a young person who doesn't have an established career field already, it's probably a bad idea regardless.
    Exactly, that's what I was trying to say.

No, I just said people with tattoos in visible areas like face, throat, or the hands.

Body tattoos and sleeves I have no issues with.

I know English isn't your first language either, but c'mon, I was pretty clear.
    And which part of what I said you didn't understood? I mean it's not hard to understand that judging people by how they look and attaching criminal or drug addict just because someone has a tattoos on places you can't easily cover with something is a bad thing to do.
    Also I said some of them have on neck or parts of neck so by your assumption they are menace to society...

And which part of what I said you didn't understood? I mean it's not hard to understand that judging people by how they look and attaching criminal or drug addict just because someone has a tattoos on places you can't easily cover with something is a bad thing to do.
    Also I said some of them have on neck or parts of neck so by your assumption they are menace to society...
    Yeah, I'm not accepting that reasoning. You're just being pointlessly argumentative. Most folks agree tattoos are fine on the body and arms, that includes sleeves. But it's generally safe to assume that unless someone works in body art, music, or the like that facial tattoos, throat tattoos, and hand tattoos are a mistake. Not just because criminal elements often get them, but because it most other professions it makes someone unemployable. I was being facetious. Of course not every single person with ink on their face is a junkie or thug, but enough of them are for it to be a common assumption.

Yeah, I'm not accepting that reasoning. You're just being pointlessly argumentative. Most folks agree tattoos are fine on the body and arms, that includes sleeves. But it's generally safe to assume that unless someone works in body art, music, or the like that facial tattoos, throat tattoos, and hand tattoos are a mistake. Not just because criminal elements often get them, but because it most other professions it makes someone unemployable. I was being facetious. Of course not every single person with ink on their face is a junkie or thug, but enough of them are for it to be a common assumption.
    You are contradiction yourself, you said " Face, head, neck, and hand tattoos just show you have no intention of doing anything other than drugs, knocking off liquor stores, or being a soundcloud rapper....but I repeat myself. " so where in that is bold part!?! Like I said, i know people with body art ( tattoos ) allover the body, some PHD in some areas, one is a lawyer and one is a brain surgeon and they have tattoos not only on areas that you can cover easy.... So i am safe to assume that they are more educated than you are....

So you can accept or not my reasoning, but you not accepting it doesn't mean i am wrong. So you need to check you facts again. You are basically saying that if there is a hot girl, really hot girl she must be just some bimbo because of how the movies have portrayed them in most cases.

Tattoos on the face and neck look like trash. Lines of text - usually Japanese/Chinese or some cheesy feelgood phrase - look naff. I can appreciate a good tattoo if it's unique and extremely well done.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2020-08-31 at 02:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love a good throat tattoo.

Actually, that's not entirely true, I love a lot of bad ones too.

| twitch | bsky
    |

3+ Year Old Account
    tattoos of the fascist/racist variety. all others are vaild.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/2JZ14FG7YKR1GTBE
    I love all types of tattoos on guys, i don't have any myself though

I'm honestly not a fan of colored tattoos. All of mine are in black ink except a small part in red which I didn't ask/want.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

If you have a barbed wire tattoo, I'm gonna assume you listen to nothing but nu metal and buttrock, and are gonna try to slip me a date rape drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    If you have a barbed wire tattoo, I'm gonna assume you listen to nothing but nu metal and buttrock, and are gonna try to slip me a date rape drug.
    Or they turned 18 in or around '96.

I know it's an old design that has existed for some time (I think originally it was a POW surviver type thing) but the movie is pretty strongly correlated with the huge uptick in these. I doubt too many young folks are getting these nowadays.

| twitch | bsky
    |

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Face ,fingers and neck are a complete turn off for me.