Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How to see who used potions infight a raid boss?

Hey,

Is there an addon or a weakAura that could show me who used a potion or something simillar infight while fighting a raid boss?
    I would like to see who used e.g. a mana potion

Log the fight.

Then check classic warcraft logs.
    Can see everything there, even what kind of pots or abilities players used. Or even bosses.

It's Classic. Why....why are you trying to be strict about potions?

10+ Year Old Account
    yep warcraft logs is your best bet, but for classic, why does it matter? It's faceroll anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by HeroicMythic View Post
    Hey,

Is there an addon or a weakAura that could show me who used a potion or something simillar infight while fighting a raid boss?
    Retail is this way ->
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a hardcore raiding guild and no one should be slacking with potions, but some clearly are.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Retail is this way ->
    <- I saw retail that way a moment ago

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooo someone is going to get busted.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not OP, but Viscidus as alliance can be difficult without people chugging poison resist pots. Especially for casual guilds that can't one phase with sappers. This is literally the only fight I've ever checked consumes on.

there are reasons and times when you need to check such things...

I can read it later in the warcraft logs, but I would like just a "real time" addon/weakAura.

there are reasons and times when you need to check such things...

I can read it later in the warcraft logs, but I would like just a "real time" addon/weakAura.
    Details - dmg meter. If it works in classic

details doesn't show used potions in classic :/

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Maybe it's a hardcore raiding guild and no one should be slacking with potions, but some clearly are.

<- I saw retail that way a moment ago
    Theres nothing "hardcore" about classic

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    It's Classic. Why....why are you trying to be strict about potions?
    Maybe it's a hardcore guild that progresses multiple days per week and they use flasks/potions. Potions are expensive so maybe he wants to track if people actually uses them?

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Maybe it's a hardcore guild that progresses multiple days per week and they use flasks/potions. Potions are expensive so maybe he wants to track if people actually uses them?
    But I haven't even seen hardcore guilds in Classic being strict about potions since the content is so incredibly easy. Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying I've not seen it and don't really see any reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Progression? In Classic?........ What?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    But I haven't even seen hardcore guilds in Classic being strict about potions since the content is so incredibly easy. Not saying it doesn't happen, just saying I've not seen it and don't really see any reason for it.
    You clearly don't play Classic then nor have a clue how they handle raids.

Even top 1000 guilds on Classic have prerty hard requirements regarding consumables. Each raider is required to spend like 300-1000g per AQ40 raid. This is not just a flask (250g on my realm) but also regular consumables are super expensive but required like mana pots, resist pots, elixirs, sappers etc...

Just check some Viscidus kills. People bring like 20+ engineers with sappers (sapper is 15g each) and nature resist pots (also 15g) to that one besides regular consumables like flask, elixirs, juju's and food. Each Viscidus wipe costs a raider like 50g+ on consumables not counting flask. Viscidus is a huge money drain.

Same goes for Twins (consumes for warlock tanks and healers mainly) and C'thun (lot's of resist pots and flask for melee).

My guild unfortunately does not have 20+ engineers like most hardcore guilds so we still have to figure out how to handle Visc since we can't cheese the blobs.
    Last edited by Celestraza; 2020-08-31 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    My guild unfortunately does not have 20+ engineers like most hardcore guilds so we still have to figure out how to handle Visc since we can't cheese the blobs.
    https://classic.wowhead.com/item=125...ture-venom-sac

Pretty straightforward fix. Takes the "fun" out though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Theres nothing "hardcore" about classic
    Leveling in Classic on a PvP realm is hardcore. I did that once, back in Vanilla, and I would never want to do it again.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Hey,

This option is available via details.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Leveling in Classic on a PvP realm is hardcore. I did that once, back in Vanilla, and I would never want to do it again.
    100% agree, but every once and a while as an enhancement shaman you one shot somebody so that was the only bright side haha.