The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Black Temple Warglaives

Good morning and howdy mmo-champ.

Quick question, what are all the classes that can get the transmog for the Warglaives from Black Temple? I finally have decided I want them for my Demon Hunter and maybe other classes 12 years later. lol

Not sure if you need the off-hand for the off-hand transmog or not?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if other classes other than Demon Hunter can transmog the glaives, so I'll leave that open to someone else. However I do know in order to transmog them on your Demon Hunter, you have to have killed Illidan in the Black Temple Timewalking raid (unless I'm very much mistaken, but I thought that this was the case).

Edit: And I think you need the off-hand to transmog your off-hand, so you'd need both.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to get both Glaves then kill Illidan in Timewalking Black Temple. Warrior rogue DH and DK can get them from normal I believe. Only DH can mog them though.

DH is the best for getting them because you can use the chain to skip some of the raid and make it quicker.

@Nathreim That is one cool shortcut. I'm going to have to try it when I get home. I might just farm those Glaives on my DH now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Good morning and howdy mmo-champ.

Quick question, what are all the classes that can get the transmog for the Warglaives from Black Temple? I finally have decided I want them for my Demon Hunter and maybe other classes 12 years later. lol

Not sure if you need the off-hand for the off-hand transmog or not?
    No one besides the DH can mog them.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Some additional things that weren't mentioned:
    -You need both glaives on the same character, and then you need to wield both of them to get the achievement. This is what's actually required to be able to mog them (together with Illidan timewalking kill)
    -You can get the glaives on a different character than your DH and still have the achievement count as a req
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Rogue war dk monk dh
    You need the pair as it's a bit more complex than just acquiring an appearance
    Last edited by valax; 2020-08-31 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does my DH need to be the one with the illidan timewalking kill?

Quote Originally Posted by Daieon View Post
    Does my DH need to be the one with the illidan timewalking kill?

Nope, but you need both on the other characer.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    -You can get the glaives on a different character than your DH and still have the achievement count as a req
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

yes you need to kill illidan during tbc timewalking event (queue up in shattrath i believe) AFTER you got the glaive achievement (achievement is accountwide. you just need to wield them both on a single character)

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, thanks folks, so things have definitely changed since before Black Temple was a Timewalking raid. I remember other classes could get them and wield them because they were just swords before. Guessing they couldn't be transmogged in the past because we used to not be able to transmog legendaries.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Okay, thanks folks, so things have definitely changed since before Black Temple was a Timewalking raid. I remember other classes could get them and wield them because they were just swords before. Guessing they couldn't be transmogged in the past because we used to not be able to transmog legendaries.
    Warglaives are still classed as swords, but they were always limited by class. Originally only warriors and rogues could equip them, and later down the line DKs, Monks and DHs were added to that list.

As for the transmog - warglaives were actually first and for a long while the only legendary item that you were able to transmog. That's partially why they are the only legendary that has additional restrictions (completing the timewalking raid) to unlock the mog.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Warglaives are still classed as swords, but they were always limited by class. Originally only warriors and rogues could equip them, and later down the line DKs, Monks and DHs were added to that list.

As for the transmog - warglaives were actually first and for a long while the only legendary item that you were able to transmog. That's partially why they are the only legendary that has additional restrictions (completing the timewalking raid) to unlock the mog.
    they werent the first. the first were the cloaks from MoP that you were able to transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    they werent the first. the first were the cloaks from MoP that you were able to transmog.
    Yeah I guess if we wanted to be precise that is true. Legion legendaries were also transmoggable because they shared visuals with other items. I meant the old school style legendaries.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    You have to get both Glaves then kill Illidan in Timewalking Black Temple. Warrior rogue DH and DK can get them from normal I believe. Only DH can mog them though.

DH is the best for getting them because you can use the chain to skip some of the raid and make it quicker.

Best idea ever... I started doing that a while back.