Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Positivity?

We don't do that here.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Some people in this thread are even more edgy than a void elf RPer, and that's saying something.
    I know right? I lay it out in the first paragraph and people still stop by just to be assholes. All I'm saying is "the community" would not be on the list for the most part.

Though I will make one exception for the time, following the Burning of Teldrassil, that everyone came together for the world first Kirin Tor Bar Crawl. The community, with a particularly large number of singed night elves and salty Horde players, really came together and it was a beautiful thing to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I saved a ton of money by not being subscribed for the majority of this expansion. Thanks Blizzard!

I usually only play every addon for like 6-12 months then i loose interest. BFA was the first which kept me engaged till almost the very end and thats because of M+. M+ was the best thing ever implemented and they killed it in this Addon. Ofc there is room for improvement, 2 bad seasonal affixes, imbalance in the weekly rotation and a little bit the Meta issue but overall most enjoyable content ever created.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have resubbed for a month. Classic is way too overwhelming because I missed the last few patches and the quest log limit is still 20 so I have to juggle too much stuff to have fun.

BfA on the other hand is good. I have not touched M+ or normal+ raids and I always have fun stuff to do and assault to take part in. Not to mention I haven't even managed to unlock Mechagon because there are too many things to do in the N'zoth patch, which is good because I don't have the same constraints that I have in Classic.

Slightly off-topic, but I already knew that BfA was not the worst expansion back in Uldir. Now that I have played like one week of solo endgame, I firmly believe that people who say WoD is better have either not played back then, or just want to join in the hate group.

- Music
    - Graphic upgrade is top notch
    - But generally speaking... saved some money not buying this garbage

Zandalari. Absolutely loved Zandalar and its people, definitely my favorite race with Zuldazar becoming my favorite zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but I already knew that BfA was not the worst expansion back in Uldir. Now that I have played like one week of solo endgame, I firmly believe that people who say WoD is better have either not played back then, or just want to join in the hate group.
    I played in WoD and while overall I can't say it was better because so much content got cut from it before release, I will say that both class design and PvP were vastly better than what we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

The general positives (music, art, alpaca mounts, etc) aside, I finally got around to unlocking Essences and the leggo cloak on my main because last-minute "might as well" kicked in, and gotta say it's alright content. Horrific Visions and Assaults aren't too bad either.

BFA is the first expac i stopped playing within a month or two.I came back to give it a try in the last raid tier and wish i hadn't.Since Vanilla i raided every tier and had a blast.BFA was just hot Garbage.Islands were garbage,Battlefronts were garbage,and the story was garbage.The heart,essences,azerite gear,and corruption was a huge fail.Hate to say i have nothing good to say about this expac at all. 0/10 for me.

Loved most of it except the corruptions, the azerite kinda pissed me as well but they didn't bother me that much a couple months later. Other than that it has been a fun time.

Can I just say, @Powerogue, that this is a great thread. Hats off to you, even if there are a few people that can't handle it.

I haven't been on MMOC for months because these forums have become a cesspool. Stumbling on this thread when I decided to check in today has been a very welcome sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same. One of my favorite zones in WoW. The rest of BfA, I shall remain mum on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    Really just want to show my appreciation for Drustvar and everything about it, lore, quest lines, the dungeon, aesthetics

All of these resulted in one of my favorite zones to date
    Tauren warriors stand between their allies and death.
    Gnomes keep death from walking that far.

7+ Year Old Account
    The transmog raids I've had for Legion skins were real fun. Too bad BfA armor sets look crap, so won't be doing that in SL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinaa View Post
    The transmog raids I've had for Legion skins were real fun. Too bad BfA armor sets look crap, so won't be doing that in SL.
    I actually really like the heroic plate set in Uldir - it's just a gunmetal gray set of bulky plate, no lighting effects or crazy bling. Probably the only set I'll care to go back and do from BfA.

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Zandalari. Absolutely loved Zandalar and its people, definitely my favorite race with Zuldazar becoming my favorite zone.
    Same here.. been waiting like 15 years for zandalar to happen. Only sad thing I have to point out.. is 50% coolness vanished when Rastakahn died.

It is easily the most improved expansion from start to finish (partially because 8.0 was so bad, but still)

Essences and Corruption are the best borrowed power they've done*. Super fun having lots of potential loadouts for different content, and stat amp corruption has allowed insanely fun gameplay that has never existed before. I'm excited for Shadowlands, but honestly everything in beta kinda plays like garbage after the insane fun of corruption.

*After they made them effectively BoA and put stuff on a vendor

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I actually really like the heroic plate set in Uldir - it's just a gunmetal gray set of bulky plate, no lighting effects or crazy bling. Probably the only set I'll care to go back and do from BfA.

I'm on the same train. I loved the more muted looks from the Uldir tier... plus I love spooky masks and I kinda wanna see more of these type of armor. I feel like the Warfront sets are on this same line of design as well: more grounded, clean. I like that.

Now, on-topic...

I liked a lot of this mess of an expansion.

I loved the levelling experience - the mixing of the War Campaign and the main storyline was fun.
    I loved the dungeons. Most of them. Sethraliss and Shrine can go eat a snake's ass though.
    I loved the design of the zones - special mention to Drustvar and Nazmir, especially the latter. That blood moon skybox, the whole rotten underground... loved it.
    I loved the raids. Uldir was fun (the trash packs before Zul can go share that snake's ass with Sethraliss and Shrine, though). BoD is up there with the best raids I've experienced, imo. Eternal Palace was beautiful and also had fun mechanics that kept you from spamming buttons while watching your other screen. NYalotha was fun, too... even though I still feel like there's something missing from it and can't put my finger on what that is.
    Loved the amount of collectibles we got - transmog, toys, recipes, mounts, allied races, secrets... you name it, you got it.
    Loved the idea of seasonal M+s, and I can't wait to see what they come up with next expansion.

I wish they had kept the warfronts coming though. They stopped bringing them in and started half assing pvp sets by adding recolors like they did before, and that cheapened the transmog game... a lot.
    Islands were fun the first month. Then it just becamse something I would do if I was fucking around and remembered I could get a mount or a piece of transmog from it and I'd do them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few things I liked from BfA:

Allied Races - There was so much to like about the Allied Races. More variety in character races, Blood Elf/Night Elf models being shared across the faction lines, and fun new racials. The races we got were a solid mix of races shown previously in the story (Dark Iron Dwarves, Mag'har Orcs) getting new life and story breathed into them alongside several races that were brand new to the story (Void Elves, Mechagnomes, Vulpera). The race additions did a great job lore-wise as well of making the world and factions feel bigger. While debatable that some would have worked better as customizations, the excitement they brought into WoW with each new race is IMO a success.

Jaina's Story - While the Alliance may have felt ignored at parts, there is not a quest chain in BfA that can hit you nearly as well as the Jaina one does. Seeing her in Thros and the issues she was fighting off gave a real sense of purpose to her character.

World Updates - I was not a fan of the Warfront events themselves, but I liked everything else around them. The rare hunting for mounts, the world updates, the extra story provided, the collectable armor sets, and the off-and-on world bosses.

Essences - The ability to have one Major and two Minor essences gave a lot of good mix & match gameplay once introduced. As a healer, I found it nice to be able to have higher throughput spells for certain encounters and better mana restoration spells for others.

Loyalist Campaign - Horde players had separate ways to play through the Saurfang questline with each choice being something that felt meaningful. The end result was an entirely separate ending campaign before the Mak'gora. I might've liked more of an end reward (given that you had to skip a toy for it), but the campaign itself was fun to have and made it really feel like the Horde was at war with itself.

Some of the music was fantastic, and the art team knocked it out of the park as usual.

Also, its story is less stupid than what's coming in Shadowlands. (Sorry, OP, couldn't resist!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/