Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    As soon as a faction is no longer relevant, it should get a double XP boost permanently.

The base factions should have got it in 8.2, and Nazjatar/Mechagon when 8.3 hit.

To leave them at base levels when you need them for flying is just pushing new players away. There's no need for them to grind that, when there's enough new content to be getting on with.
    This would be amazing, especially as I'm usually the kind of player to skip whole patches before coming back lol

Quote Originally Posted by PriestAlisha View Post
    Actually, it serves some purpose for SL prep, there's the possibility that some of the allied races are useful for min/maxing if that's your kind of thing (due to racials). This is a good opportunity to at least unlock them in case you'd like to use any of them later (or just for aesthetics if you like any of them of course).
    That's a fair point, but SL is removing rep requirements for allied races entirely I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by agm114r View Post
    I believe so. I think you still have to do the story prereqs. I had all but one race already done six months ago, and I had one left. I went ahead and finished it Sunday morning anyway, just so I had them all completed pre-patch. Completely my 'want' to do that. If I had none or one done, I'd just wait for patch.
    If PTR is any indication I can access all the allied races and I have never even been to mechagon. I think for the rest I have the story parts done but not the rep, but the mechagnomes came out after I took a break during 8.1.

So... prepatch on sep 29th?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    So... prepatch on sep 29th?
    Seems likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    Hope they make these events happen more often in Shadowlands.
    Doubt they are going to happen until long after the reps stop being relevant for the majority of players.

Damn, I just finished grinding Nightfallen and Valarjar to exalted for a couple of transmogs.

Time to find new reps to grind!

I would like to have another alterac valley event so that I can level monk-druid-priest-shaman to max as well and be done with classes.
    I could not care less about reps. Well good for the people who still does rep stuff. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by orlfman View Post
    could be. could also be slightly sooner or a little later as well. since cata the pre-patches have been out for ~around~ a month before launch.
    cata:
    1. October 12 - Patch 4.0.1
    2. December 7 - Cataclysm expansion released
    mop:
    1. August 28 - Patch 5.0.4 on live servers.
    2. September 25 - Mists of Pandaria expansion released
    wod:
    1. October 14 - Patch 6.0.2 on live servers
    2. November 13 - Warlords of Draenor expansion released
    legion:
    1. July 19 - Legion systems pre-expansion, Patch 7.0.3 is released
    2. August 30 - Legion expansion released
    bfa:
    1. July 17 - Battle for Azeroth pre-patch.
    2. August 13 - Battle for Azeroth announced released

so we could be looking at around september 24th-30th.
    Well, they did say 4-6 weeks so thats the 15th-29th, but this whole thing saying "through them month of sept" makes it SOUND like they're shooting for a 4 week prepatch (the 29th)

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Torn on what I think of this buff.

On one hand, it makes me think about logging in to work on my outstanding reps. On the other, I'm never a fan of anything like this that depreciates a work goal in a mmo, especially since it creates the feeling of, 'why work on this now when I know a buff will come out later'. I feel like some objectives in mmo's should remain static in the work needed to earn them. The other problem imo, is that you immediately piss off everyone who just put their time in earning it the traditional way.
    Anyone thinking that these buffs are a recurring feature of the game, is probably premature in their conclusion.
    These buffs are a result of Covid-19 and we have yet to see if they'll make this a feature during every "drought", so to speak. ^_^

As someone who put in the effort for most BFA reps prior to these buffs, I couldn't care less of these buffs happening at the end of the expansion. I want to play the game when it's current, so I get the reputations way ahead. I should think most active players have the same reasoning, who would forsake playing the game for 2-or-so years in the hopes of a rep buff during the drought period...?
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-09-01 at 12:24 AM.

pity it's only Legion and BFA reps, but it's still a welcome return

Perfect to farm those Allied Races reputations to Exalted now that the requirement is going away in SL.

Why in gods name wouldnt they do this with all reps from past expansions....

I mean... I'm not even facting for that... I'm asking for like just implementing some of the old maybe I dunno, MoP rep things... or even just cutting everyone some slack on factions I've reached MAX ON WITH MULTIPLE OTHER TOONS. I guess I'm angry at them doing a small nice thing... but like... just some basic quality of life stuff you guys...

I might only be pissed because I'm currently grinding Wrath dungeons with a fucking tabard on for a toon I used a free auto level for just so I can get some cosmetic gear. This comes off as a douche move at this exact moment. Shit like this is the opposite of fun... and they charge 20 bucks a month for the privilege.
    Last edited by Sonneillon; 2020-09-01 at 02:48 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    Hey, I was done with BfA but now I'll get off my lazy butt and get Mechagon, Rajani, and Uldum Accord to Exalted. Too bad it wasn't all reps though, would've really helped me push for the 100 reps acheivement, I think I'm at 84-85 right now.
    Sitting at 98 right now. Only missing stuff from vanilla, so i doubt i'll get those. It'll be 100 a few weeks into Shadowlands.

Here's an end of expansion gold sink idea that benefits everyone involved "buy rep from irrelevant factions for gold!" there, I'll take my chair at the exec table thank you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allinna View Post
    Sitting at 98 right now. Only missing stuff from vanilla, so i doubt i'll get those. It'll be 100 a few weeks into Shadowlands.
    there's one in Winterspring which involves a single daily for 20 days and then you're exalted. Alliance only but it counts towards the total as a unique one

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If BFA was enjoyable to play, they didn't have to offer these incentives to people and ask them to play.

The marketing guys should talk to game designers instead of players.

Only reason I didn't come back a few months earlier was because of these buffs. Sure gogogogog mode players like them, but I'd like to experience the game properly, thank you. At least give option to turn them off.

I'm sure I'll get someone raging at me for this opinion too. *shrug*

It will be active after maintenance? Or active at PDT 0000 HRS 1st September 2020?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    inb4 "reeee blizz is desperate 4 subs cuz retail so bad lmao"
    Because they are desperate. Why havent they given this kind of stuff more often during expac? why now? Its so obvious, and its only for Sept, why not Aug-Sept? They are so desperate even for 1 month of sub money because I am sure that a lot of people will resub in Oct because if this buff is for Sept, that means 29th Sept is the pre patch date (sadly, not earlier)