Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well...I won't be missing great works or societies.
    They should've redone the inventory/artifacts though for something more interesting.

I'm extremely interested in the new combat/levy system.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2019-10-24 at 07:51 PM.

I'm sure I'll buy the game but overall it's sounding like I'll be better off sticking with CK2 (and HIP) till a lot of CK2's features get implemented into CK3 and hopefully by that time HIP or something similar will be made for CK3 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Tbh I hope CK3 gets a late rome start date, or an expansion into china in a DLC or something.
    i believe they sayd china wont be in at the start but eastern Tibet wil be

Getting very sweet reviews this is another thousand hours minimal getting put into this game for me lol.

https://www.ign.com/articles/crusader-kings-3-review
    10/10

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/31/cru...ings-3-review/
    5/5

https://www.pcgamer.com/crusader-kings-3-review/

https://www.pcgamesn.com/crusader-kings-3/review-ck3
    9/10

Getting released tomorrow.

Lowest score is a 8/10 by gamespot.

GameSpot – 8/10
    IGN – 10/10
    PCGamesN – 9/10
    Screen Rant – 4/5
    ShackNews – 9/10
    Wccftech – 9/10
    PC Gamer – 94/100
    TheGamer – 5/5
    The Sixth Axis – 9/10
    Trusted Reviews – 4.5/5
    Multiplayer.it – 9/10
    GameSkinny – 9/10
    CGMagazine – 9/10

Really fucking good considering paradox games tend to be pretty so so on release day like Imperator Rome for example. And paradox games are getting love for alot of years so i can see this game having a very long life cycle.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-31 at 08:24 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Yeah, so this game certainly took a top spot on my wishlist. Too bad I'm poor!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Yeah, so this game certainly took a top spot on my wishlist. Too bad I'm poor!
    I'm not 100% but I've heard some people say you can buy xbox game pass for only 1$ and try it out, should probably google that though.

Think you can buy first month on xbox game pass for 1$ then it's like 13$ a month after that but I think you can just cancel it straight after first buy but should probably check it out to be sure.

Downside is of course that it's not steam if you do that and I like to keep all my games on steam but you could try it atleast until you got some money.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2020-08-31 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I'm not 100% but I've heard some people say you can buy xbox game pass for only 1$ and try it out, should probably google that though.

Think you can buy first month on xbox game pass for 1$ then it's like 13$ a month after that but I think you can just cancel it straight after first buy but should probably check it out to be sure.

Downside is of course that it's not steam if you do that and I like to keep all my games on steam but you could try it atleast until you got some money.
    It's a good deal for sure, but I like to own my games. Play them whenever I like.

It's a good deal for sure, but I like to own my games. Play them whenever I like.
    Well if you're waiting to know if you like it or not. The game pass is the way to go. You might not get the mods, but for me the game pass is under £4 a month with many games that I can play. Many of which I wouldn't have bought anywhere else since I wouldn't know if I liked it or not.

For CK3 my advice would be try it with the pass for a month. It's not a risk, if you like it and think you can't justify the pass after the month (which is normally around $1 for first month trial). End the sub and wait for the Steam sale around halloween or xmas to buy it outright.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been reading some reviews. Turns out CK3 is probably the Paradox game with most content on release!! I was sceptic bc, even though I love all paradox games like EU4 or HOI4, they're all a shell of a game when launch and only after 1 or 2 years full of dlcs the game is playable, but aparently CK3 is already in that stage of being enjoyable and playable at launch! Amazing!
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Grab GamePass now and buy CK3 later when it inevitably goes on sale. It's going to be on the service for ages so you've got time.

Those are some good reviews.

There is a problem in Australia with it - as in no one here can buy it. No one is quite sure what happened but it appears that the third party (lawyers) that Paradox was using to file the relevant papers to the classification board didn't do their job and the classification board hasn't been able to classify it yet as a result, meaning it can't be sold here.

oh and it is released today. Might give it a shot on steam. it has solid reviews on metacritic.

And like normal the internet got into a rage in this game over nothing as Deus Vult is in the game.

SPent the whole day playing this and it is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    SPent the whole day playing this and it is great.
    Yeah such a amazing game

Vikings are strong as fuck atm btw, trying to raid Irland as sweden or anyone else vikings almost always get there first, think im gonna try some viking raids myself.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing the game since launch, tried different characters and so far the one I enjoyed the most was the Duchess of Tuscany from the 1066 bookmark, don't remember her name but she's super OP since she's a woman that can pump up new heirs all the time, not even 5 years later since the start and the entire Italian peninsula was under my countrol as Queen of Romagna with all my vassals at 100 opinion and all of them being married to my heirs.

It truelly is a step up from CK2, and I can't wait what the game has in store for us in the future!
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Yeah such a amazing game

Vikings are strong as fuck atm btw, trying to raid Irland as sweden or anyone else vikings almost always get there first, think im gonna try some viking raids myself.
    hasn't that been a "problem" (well, 100% intentional most likely) since forever? Or what exactly do you mean?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-09-04 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, Sweden in the 867 start date is incredibly out of control, as soon as anyone anywhere with a coastline is considered weaker than them: boom, county/duchy conquest. In one save I saw them form the Empire of frickin Maghreb before 1000, absolutely ridiculous.

In theory confederate partition should keep them somewhat in check but if they keep the number of sons low thats not gonna work. Especially not if they get any Empire title, at that point its over. In CK2 this was somewhat solved at some point due to defensive coalitions if someone become too threatening. Those dont seem to exist in CK3 and since the norse county/duchy conquest is not considered a religious war, the AI doesnt band together to stop them.

Having a blast in my first game. Started as the chief of Krakow and Sacz. It's an interesting start. You start next to your childless cousin who has three countries and is the dynastic head (not sure why though, the chief of Krakow is descendant of the older child of the guy who started the dynasty). So you can conquer/murder your way to that right off the bat. Or, if you're interested in creating a cadet house for yourself, you can leave him be and go for that eventually.

Starting as a tribal chief is definitely harder than it was in CKII. There is no "become king" ambition that lets you spam the otherwise-once-per-lifetime subjugation CBs so you need more time to get the ball rolling. Especially since now every declaration of war has a prestige or piety cost.

However, the intrigue focus tree is absolutely OP. Particularly, the perk that gives you the ability to make abduction plots. Thanks to that, in just one lifetime I managed to grow my realm large enough that I can create a custom empire, i.e. 3 kingdom titles and 80 realm size (if you have less kingdom titles you'd need 120 realm size though). Though I didn't end doing so because you can't name your custom empire and it will just use your primary kingdom's name (while also becoming a de jure title and not just a titular one, which made the empire map super ugly in my case).

The way it works is simple. Start an abduction plot against a leader of your conquest prospect, and just before it fires declare war. Technically, you can even declare war in the time window between the plot firing and it being finished. Then, right after the start of the war you abduct the leader, instantly get 100% warscore and win the war without losing a single soldier.

Rinse, repeat, victory. The only issue is to get enough prestige/piety (to declare wars) and gold (to get prestige to wage wars). But, at least as a tribal, that's pretty simple. First of all, raid the shit out of your neighbors. Especially the feudal ones as they have richer territory. Raiding in itself gives both gold and prestige equal to the amount of gold you loot. On top of that occasionally you'll capture someone in a successful raiding siege and get more gold from that.

The main purpose of gold is to usurp/create titles for even more prestige. If you conquered an entire duchy from someone, wait for them to lose the title (since it's something that happens rather quickly now) since it's much cheaper. And maybe also gives more prestige, not 100% sure on that one. For piety just go on the most expensive pilgrimage you can. One pilgrimage should set you up for 2-3 ducal conquests against rulers of your own faith. Following the Slavic religion also gives you piety from holding feats, which is nice.

But since you won't get all the money you need for all that title creation from raiding alone, here's the second use of abduction. Abduct rulers you don't want to go to war against for money instead. As a king of Great Moravia I managed to abduct all Karling rulers, two Byzantine emperors (though I ransomed only the first one, the second one I forced to convert to my religion for the memes), three popes and even the Abbasid Caliph.

And since you're going to be the master of intrigue, murder your way to titles as well. I mostly used murders for dynastic shenanigans though. As such I murdered my way to give my wife (and, consequently, my heir) the high chiefdom of Minsk. Then with my help she got one more high chiefdom title and multiple other chiefdoms. Secondly, I murdered my way to get my grandson to be the heir of a beefy Greater Poland.

Looping back to abductions, I only started doing this once I hit fame level three and could wage ducal CB wars. Before that I just gobbled up smaller chiefdoms and struck a solid subjugation against Volhynia once their forces got depleted. Also, if you're starting as something as small as two county chief, alliances are a key to survive early. Both silesian dukes in particular wanted to gobble me up. Luckily, I had 6 daughters, so I got lots of allies.

To my ultimate annoyance, it turns out, as two of them started beating the shit out of the third. Also, the AI tends to call you to offensive wars that it has absolutely no problem waging on its own. On the the other hand, it tends to be rather cocky because of the alliance with the player, which led my ally Lausitz (admittedly, one that grew pretty big) declaring a war against an ally of the Byzantine Empire. Luckily the penalty for declining alliances is almost non-existent.

There are two main annoyances I have so far though. First is the inheritance wonkiness. I've seen mothers being the primary heir of a childless ruler instead of their siblings. Even worse was the case of Lower Silesia. The first son of its ruler died with two children, one boy and one girl. Who's the heir for that title in that son's place? His wife's other son from her second marriage. Luckily the inheritance issues got patched today.

Much bigger issue, and one that sadly hasn't been patched so far, is the fact that the AI doesn't use matrilineal marriages for shit. At least you can swap rulers at any time right from the menu to fix at least some of that nonsense. But I can't understand how that even got unnoticed all the way to release. There are literally female characters among the suggested rulers. Did no one ever check how they fared when played by an AI?

Also, there are two smaller issues that bother me as well. First is the fact that the piety cost to reform a pagan religion increases with its fervor. Now, admittedly, it makes thematic sense. The more zealous the followers get, the harder it'd be to make them change their ways. But it clashes with the gameplay aspect. Because fervor increases when the religion does well. Admittedly, it's not all in player's control, but you can influence it yourself as well. And then you effectively get punished for that.

Second of the smaller issues I have is with the dynastic renown and the fact that having your dynastic members as your vassals doesn't boost renown gain. Even if you're emperor and they are vassal kings. As such, even when you're an emperor and each title below you within your realm belongs to your family members you will get lower renown gain than a dynasty with just a handful of counties, as long as those counties are independent. Which is rather stupid in my opinion. I'd understand lowered renown gain for vassals, but just having none is a nonsensical design choice resulting in the above example.

Yeah such a amazing game

Especially the kingdom of Garðaríki from what I've seen. Admittedly, I'm on my first playthrough, but it's the strongest starting Norse position so I'd say it's going to be a frequent sight. I'm nearing the end of my first ruler's reign and in that time Garðaríki conquered a bit of Ireland and England, a good part of Frisia (admittedly, the Karlings ended up dogpiling one another and depleting their armies) and even parts of Spain. And they are strong enough that the goddamn Umayyads can't force them out of Iberia, despite numerous attempts. Speaking of which, when I checked one of their Iberian wars, it showed three sides different sides to that conflict. Not sure what that was about.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-09-04 at 08:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Yeah such a amazing game

Sweet spaghetti monster, yes. I had a whole invasion of Ireland that was a disaster. I need to marry better too. These bitches are not loyal.

Basically, it's a mess.