Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One of the better and more popular expansion for sure.
    Only downside for me are the warfronts, they sort off happened then everyone forgot about them. Unless you farm pets and mounts

I rather enjoyed BFA. Was it the best xpac ever? Not even close. About the most annoying thing was having to switch mains 3 times due to raid comp and people wanting to change classes but that was not really a BFA problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    Says the one who got an advantage because of busted scaling...
    please explain how it was busted. it was the last zone i went to on every char because it was my favorite so it was pretty much always at 116+ so don't try to pull some legiondaires bs on me.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    the game just got better with every expansion.
    WoD was better than TBC/WOTLK/MoP?

That's a hard sell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't spoil two years of my life cause i didn't force myself to play it all the time. Outside of TBC it was probably the expansion i played the least of over the course of its time. Don't know why but it just did not grip me at all, i found Azerite armor to be boring, and then later corruptions are just odd, not really worth the effort to me. I would hop in and play for a stretch with a new content patch, but that was about it. Find myself playing it more now just to get ready for Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    please explain how it was busted. it was the last zone i went to on every char because it was my favorite so it was pretty much always at 116+ so don't try to pull some legiondaires bs on me.
    PvP scaling. You don’t know what that is?

i thoroughly enjoyed all of bfa, start to finish

Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    i thoroughly enjoyed all of bfa, start to finish
    What did you enjoy? And what did you do throughout the expansion? Elaborate if you can please.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing I was excited for in BfA (expeditions) turned out to be godawful.
    I don't have the time or patience to commit to organized raiding anymore so small group content is my jam these days. Expeditions promised to be great for that. They failed terribly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    PvP scaling. You don’t know what that is?
    no clue.. did some googling though and seems like no one really knows how it works. so not sure what you're getting at.

BFA was easily my favorite expansion, but was spoiled by a few major issues.

My only real gripe to bring up is azerite gear's acquisition being horrible in season 1 and Classic.
    Classic nearly killed this game for me, with over half my raid roster quitting.

In 12 years of guild leadership, I have never been through something like that, and pray I never have to again, because it was the worst feeling in the world.
    A guild I had slowly nurtured for over a decade almost collapsed due to some nonsense nostalgia project where the end game was cleared within a few hours of it launching.

Only other issue with BFA is how out of control RaiderIO and pugging M+ has gotten.

All in all, it was the community and the only mildly related situations that made BFA bad for me.
    The game itself was great, and I will miss two of my favorite raids ever in Battle of Dazaralor, and Nyalotha.

Amazing music too!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

no clue.. did some googling though and seems like no one really knows how it works. so not sure what you're getting at.
    PvP scaling is a PvP game mechanic introduced with Battle for Azeroth. It adjusts the damage dealt to enemy players as well as healing to friendly players while engaged in PvP combat to partially compensate for gear item level differences between players.

Im not sure what more you would need to know? Its how that Rextroy (or w/e) pally was able to fly around one shotting multiple characters at once - by abusing this system.

For a while, early on in the expansion, the most dangerous characters in open world pvp were low lvl characters - geared 120s sometimes had a hard time even making a dent, while their damage output was bonkers.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2020-08-31 at 11:03 PM.

PvP scaling makes lower geared and leveled players stronger and higher geared and leveled players weaker with the intention to make the gap closer. The higher geared and leveled player is still intended to have better stats, just not so much better.

That’s the theory. The problem was at release the system was completely busted and it overscaled lower level player so much that they became stronger than max level players

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    PvP scaling is a PvP game mechanic introduced with Battle for Azeroth. It adjusts the damage dealt to enemy players as well as healing to friendly players while engaged in PvP combat to partially compensate for gear item level differences between players.

Im not sure what more you would need to know? Its how that Rextroy (or w/e) pally was able to fly around one shotting multiple characters at once - by abusing this system.
    yes that's the general answer. but how does explain me winning in a fight againt someone at max level? all i saw was a lot of guess work and no real explanations.
    apparently me being just a few levels below make me super powered.

Losing artifact spells sucked - particularly as Destruction, as Chaotic Rift helped with mobility a lot. There was a lot of "FF7-syndrome" where it's very hard to follow up after Legion.
    while levelling, HoA and Azerite armor were more fun than I expected. Was fun to level up the heart and see "new power available".
    War Mode, was amazing. I've never PvPed so much out in the open world so much as I have in BFA. Getting supply chests and fighting for them in particular.
    HoA in first patch wasn't as fun though. Upgrading to a higher ilvlitem - but losing traits (due to higher HoA requirement) was bad.
    Warfronts and their cycles were great! Loved visiting which zone was active at the time for WQs. I quite enjoyed islands - though they needed one patch to solve bad design (only get loot from mobs you killed = discouraged winning via mining azerite).

8.2 onwards, BFA was great. Loved Mechagon and Nazjatar. Did both of their meta achis, and have all mounts. New-heart and azerite armor updates made them more fun and took away the bad design. LOVED the new essence system, with the major/minor powers! A great goal to chase, and made me explore lots of different content.
    8.3 I also quite liked overall. I really like the corruptions system - the designers went out on a limb and tried something really new - a new form of itemisation that isn't just "more of a STAT". I did NOT like the dailies in the uldum/vale 8.3, and again, it sucked until they patched it to buff it (income rate of coalescing visions). Visions of Org/SW, good! Fun to ramp-up in power via Cloak upgrades and talents system - just like Deaths of Chromie and Withered Army Training, but with more and more lessons learned in design - except the damn rate of vessel income.

I think all the heart/base designs of systems were great in BFA - just that they balanced poorly. Almost every system started out kinda fun but with a big limiter that shat on it - which was later buffed/fixed.
    All in All, I farmed a lot of mounts, I did a lot of dungeons, and I did a lot of solo content while also doing some raiding and getting heroic curve etc. BFA had a poor first patch and that was bad, but it got a lot better after the first patch.

Hoping they learn (LOL) and that the first patch of covenants isn't bad. Lore in SL looking a lot cooler than BFA.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

yes that's the general answer. but how does explain me winning in a fight againt someone at max level? all i saw was a lot of guess work and no real explanations.
    apparently me being just a few levels below make me super powered.
    Im really not sure how to explain it any clearer, its honestly very straight forward.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

The thing is I did quit the game over 6 months ago, and the reason that I quit was absolutely BFA systems that made it impossible to keep up with the game only playing a few hours a week (I don't have time to grind essences, AP, corruptions etc. I have time to raid and do M+, and that's it).

If shadowlands gets rid of these pointless grinds then I will be able to play again. So that's hypeworthy for me, and a lot of other people too.
    Well then why not have a thread about things you are looking forward to in Shadowlands (and it's completely valid to say ''I am looking forward to not as big grinds as there is on 8.3''). Like goddamn, this thread was literally made as part of the hype to just shit on BFA. That's just completely pathetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Why, so Blizzard can think it's ok to remake BfA after Shadowlands?

No, I'm content with not buying the new expansion and continuing to not play.
    Why would you think that such a stupid thread in particular will be the eye opener that will make Blizzard magically say ''Oh snap, our BfA sucked, let's make the next expansion after shadowlands the best!''. We already have tons of threads shitting on blizzard, and while it's okay to make more, it's kinda retarded to make a thread about shadowlands coming soon, and for people to remember what they hated in BfA.

Do you ever head into a new year by remembering all the shit stuff that happened to you in the whole year? If you do, that's a sad way to live, you should instead remember all the good things of the year, and not let the bad things be more than a learning experience. And no, you won't sit down in new year's eve talking to all your friends about how some idiot crashed your parked car with his or anything of the sort.

As for your second sentence, I literally said just that, don't play the game lol if you don't like it. You unsubbing is the only real feedback that will help the game change into the right direction, aside from actually providing proper feedback, rather than whining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialle View Post
    Remembering the BFA dumpster fire start to finish.
    Oh, let me count the ways:

1) General systems failures:
    a) No expansion of the LFD system to include Mythic dungeons (at least)
    bi) No expansion of the LFD system to include better Conquest acquisition in PvP (that is, non-Skirmish Arena or Rated BGs)
    bii) No return to stat balancing across the board for all PvP content
    biii) Immunities on graveyard areas for battlegrounds done inconsistently; requires doing across the board
    c) No expansion of the LFR system to include Normal raids (at least)
    d) No rebalancing of rewards to enable account-wide reputation across the board
    ei) No addition of a MoP Timewalking raid (most likely Terrace of Endless Spring)
    f) No secondary weekly quest on Battle Pet weeks
    g) Pathfinder
    h) Ability Pruning

2) Patch 8.0 failures:
    a) Azerite Power grinding causing extreme disparity between players (unfixed)
    b) Azerite Armor and item level issues; upgrades force a new AP grind
    c) Azerite Armor not containing secondary stats (unfixed)
    d) Explosive Orbs in M+ not dying to untargetted AoE (unfixed)

3) Patch 8.1.5 failures:
    a) No addition of a WoD Timewalking raid upon WoD Timewalking release (should be Highmaul (RISE, MOUNTAINS))
    b) Rolling Comp Stomp into the Brawl Queue and making it AB only, instead of Random AI BGs as its own queue

4) Patch 8.2 failures:
    a) Essences adding additional abilities instead of enhancing current abilities to reduce bloat

5) Patch 8.2.5 failures:
    a) Wrong Cataclysm Timewalking raid (should have been Dragon Soul)

6) Patch 8.3 failures:
    a) Mechagnomes as an allied race, instead of rolling out the changes to the base Gnome race; players can choose which racial they wanted at the barbershop based upon their appearance
    bi) Corruption adding new abilities instead of enhancing current abilities to reduce bloat
    bii) Cloak corruption level grinding
    biii) Having three separate currencies when one would suffice
    c) Visions
    d) The devs literally giving up on balancing the game
    e) Not updating essences that required 8.2 content to instead require 8.3 content

I mean, they did some good, but it left a hell of a lot to be desired.

If I remember more stuff I'll add it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Fuck no. Dragon Soul was a TERRIBLE raid
    Firelands was objectively worse.
    Last edited by Firebert; 2020-09-01 at 02:35 AM.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    nal abilities instead of enhancing current abilities to reduce bloat

5) Patch 8.2.5 failures:
    a) Wrong Cataclysm Timewalking raid (should have been Dragon Soul)
    Fuck no. Dragon Soul was a TERRIBLE raid (All the environments and bosses graphics were essentially reused assets other than spine and madness themselves...), and timewalking dragon soul would have been even worse (YAY NON LFR SPINE OF DEATHWING IN PUGS!).

HFC was a well received raid and has some very fun fights...

Say what you will about Sylvanas, but at least she burnt down the foul, corrupted tree that was infested with those vile, filthy elfs. More balls than any Warchief before her.