Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    So, Im from Sylvanas. This week, I couldnt progress on nzoth mythic with my fixed pug group because 4 members from Darksorrow (which got conncted to other realms during this reset) couldnt enter raid after their realms have been connected.
    The same fate awaits me and all others from Sylvanas realm once realm connections have been established?
    Why are they doing this in mid of the raid reset? Why cant they do it the night before realm restarts?

Seriously? 2 weeks of 0 progress! And were just few weeks away from pre patch.

If Blizzard devs could only think....

(this is because our mythic IDs don't work AT ALL once our realms get f*cked up)

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    So, Im from Sylvanas. This week, I couldnt progress on nzoth mythic with my fixed pug group because 4 members from Darksorrow (which got conncted to other realms during this reset) couldnt enter raid after their realms have been connected.
    The same fate awaits me and all others from Sylvanas realm once realm connections have been established?
    Why are they doing this in mid of the raid reset? Why cant they do it the night before realm restarts?

Seriously? 2 weeks of 0 progress! And were just few weeks away from pre patch.

If Blizzard devs could only think....

(this is because our mythic IDs don't work AT ALL once our realms get f*cked up)
    None of that should matter since the ID's are locked per toon. If you are extending it then only one would extend and everyone can latch on to it. If you are forming a new raid then again it shouldn't matter because it would be fresh regardless. I know a few people who had zero issues raiding mythic once their realms connected or they raided with a newly connected realm.

merging NINE servers together...how do you spin that WoW is in a good position when this is being done?. They have to do it to slow down the sub losses that can go into a tailspin but it still shows the level of problems that the current developers have created.

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    merging NINE servers together...how do you spin that WoW is in a good position when this is being done?. They have to do it to slow down the sub losses that can go into a tailspin but it still shows the level of problems that the current developers have created.
    Wait for people to spin it like it's population increase because every connected realm is displayed separately on realm list, but shows the entire cluster population, not its' own.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

It's only negative if you look at it negatively. They have increase the amount of people a server can handle over the years. So by merging they are able to put more people to meet that cap. Overall though there is no reason to "spin" it because only those who try to be negative about it will be the ones who need to find a reason for it. Everyone else will be fine with it and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now just merge Saurfang with Barthilas pls

"The Eredar, Gorefiend, Spinebreaker, and Wildhammer realms will join the Hellscream and Zangarmarsh realms."

Great.... more 3:1 Horde dominate servers coming to Hellmarsh.... Whats the point of even playing alliance anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Ergh... I'm annoyed at how slow the pace of mergers is being for EU servers. Still waiting to see if my server gets merged.
    I'm guessing either the server engineer team is much smaller for EU or this is some indication as to the player population difference between NA and EU?

I wouldn't say that it's a developers only issue. The genre as a whole (MMORPGs) is dying.

Funny how this tail spinn has been going for over a decade and in the face of official legal reports without ever reaching its climax. Just insert x grievance into the jukebox of perpetual repetition.

Now THAT, is spinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmot View Post
    I'm guessing either the server engineer team is much smaller for EU or this is some indication as to the player population difference between NA and EU?
    I have since learned they don't report on mergers for other languages here. There are more mergers going on. It's the english language ones that are slower and there are likely less than in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    Whats the point of even playing alliance anymore
    To be shiny and pretty, of course.

I'm glad they're connecting realms like this, though I'm worried it's too little/too late. The community still sucks, so I'm not sure if it's going to invigorate anything again. Who knows? I guess a bigger pool is a bigger pool.

Selfishly my various alts that are parked on dead servers to farm this or that are sad. I like dead servers for some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    None of that should matter since the ID's are locked per toon. If you are extending it then only one would extend and everyone can latch on to it. If you are forming a new raid then again it shouldn't matter because it would be fresh regardless. I know a few people who had zero issues raiding mythic once their realms connected or they raided with a newly connected realm.
    Yep. Thats how it SHOULD work.

But 4 guys from Darksorrow realm couldnt enter raid after connections have been established.

They were getting "you are already locked to this instance" message once they would try to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caracra View Post
    Those poor Dreadmaul and Thaurissan realm people. I'd rather quit the game than play on Frostmourne.
    Yup, back in 2012-2014 (got off with the free transfers for non-oceanic players at the end there) I played Horde on both Deadmaul and Thaurissan and transferred my gnome DK to Frostmourne. Now that is a server will way too many people and fucktards on it on only one side (Alliance).
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

mythic raid locks broken by realm connections

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Yep. Thats how it SHOULD work.

But 4 guys from Darksorrow realm couldnt enter raid after connections have been established.

They were getting "you are already locked to this instance" message once they would try to enter.
    can anyone confirm that if they raid mythic - getting saved to a mythic raid id - and then their realm is connected to another realm, that they can enter the raid with their guild for the rest of the week.

last week i raided on wednesday, was realm connected on thursday, and then couldnt enter the raid portal with my team until today. it said i was already saved to mythic.

we have more realm connections tomorrow - if we raid as a community tonight, are those people connected up tomorrow going to find they also cannot raid until next reset?

do we need to cancel tonights raid, and only raid AFTER the realms are connected? anyone know?