Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Solbera View Post
    have you ever spoken to the mag'har outrider outside of the horde embassy? talk to him a few times if you think that garrosh wont return.
    Pretty sure he's referring to Warchief Grommash Hellscream, who was left on AU Draenor when the rest of the Mag'har were portalled out, facing down the oncoming and overwhelming forces of Yrel's Lightbound fanatics.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Pretty sure he's referring to Warchief Grommash Hellscream, who was left on AU Draenor when the rest of the Mag'har were portalled out, facing down the oncoming and overwhelming forces of Yrel's Lightbound fanatics.
    exactly, In the future we will face down High Exarch Garrosh Hellscream, and his army of the light.

Imo post shadowlands timeskip, we will return to azeroth just in time as the last of the azerothian resistance is on its last legs against the light. Lots of heros and leaders are trapped in the shadowlands, perfect time for the light to invade.

exactly, In the future we will face down High Exarch Garrosh Hellscream, and his army of the light.

Imo post shadowlands timeskip, we will return to azeroth just in time as the last of the azerothian resistance is on its last legs against the light. Lots of heros and leaders are trapped in the shadowlands, perfect time for the light to invade.
    what timeskip?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    what timeskip?
    Even if there is no extend time skip because of the shadowlands, there is time dilation in the shadowlands, this is covered by jaina in the shadowlands intro, The entire time we are trapped in the shadowlands the light will have time to invade.

Even if there is no extend time skip because of the shadowlands, there is time dilation in the shadowlands, this is covered by jaina in the shadowlands intro, The entire time we are trapped in the shadowlands the light will have time to invade.
    we could be gone for like a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Just because you meet him sobbing over Grom, always trying to live up to the Grom image Thrall painted, and going apeshit at the slightest mention of Grom's crimes... no, no daddy problem at all. It's all fanfiction. Right.
    Nah, fanfiction because most people just don't comprehend the full lore of Garrosh. Just seeing few segments and they think they have good idea of a character.

Like I said before in this thread, Garrosh "apeshits" for ALL kinds of things, mentioning Grom's crimes is just one of the many reasons for Garrosh to enrage:

- Garrosh getted a hit from Varian = apeshit
    - When Thrall said "You fail the Horde" = apeshit
    - Magatha putting poison on Gorehowl = apeshit
    - Alliance reach Pandaria before Horde = apeshit
    - Garrosh cornered by Cairne = so much apeshit he destroyed legendary tauren weapon, even Cairne baffled.

What has ALL of it to do with Grom? Yea.... absolutely nothing.

The real reason behind the rage of Garrosh is not Grom... Grom is not that important to Garrosh, like I said before it's the "pride". He is proud of his father and Hellscream ancestors, but that's it.

All of Garrosh anger is based on pride. That include Grom related enrage bursts.

What Grom did to the Orcs was a stain on the pride of Garrosh, during that time Garrosh hated his father. He doesn't try to live up to the image of his father. He tries to be prideful, if his father (or his ancestors) were a disgrace, then he thinks his pride is also a disgrace and would be ashamed of the name Hellscream, which what happened in TBC.

If anything harms Garrosh pride, it will make him apeshit, it doesn't matter if it's about Grom or Magatha meddling in his duel

Blizzard has in general horrible stories in WoW, but they did outstanding and consistent writing with the pride of Garrosh. Even with Siege of Orgrimmar there is a small hint to the pride of Garrosh, from all the Sha versions in MoP the Sha of Pride is a boss for Siege of Orgrimmar. The Sha of Pride was the final Sha, just like Garrosh was the final boss of MoP... Pride is incredible important core element of Garrosh.

Did you miss the part about an official statement from Blizzard? Are they delusional too?
    Like what? Few statements are true, but it's hard to be wrong about it. It's literally smacked into the player's face.The other 90% about his Garrosh post is just delusional or even his own fanfiction.

Like it or not, Garrosh has one of the biggest lore of WoW, of course the people that don't like Garrosh don't know the full extende of his lore. Constantly making mistakes about the lore of him and around him.

Game mechanics are not lore.
    Partly true.

The more and more the players progress in the lore within the gameplay, the more ranked and powerful they and their friends and allies get, the final bosses and their minions have to response to it. You cannot get TBC Illidan now as final bosses in modern WoW expansion, not even Death Wing. Those are too weak.

We saw Sylvanas slaughtering Lich King like it was nothing. Blizzard also said that Thunder King would destroy the Lich King in a 1vs1. Garrosh during Old God powerup was even stronger than Lei Shen the Thunder King.

They can't add someone like plain Hogger or Illidan as final boss, that's just absurd. For Hogger to ever become final boss, his power is gets massively enhanced way beyond of Old Gods and Demonlords. Similar to Garrosh with Old God Y'Shaarj powerboost.

To say Garrosh was no threat in his era, that's just delusional. He reigned WoW since WOTLK till WoD, it was impossible to avoid his presence. His actions permanently affected the Warcraft lore in massive way, even today... and in future.
    Last edited by XalAtoh; 2020-08-31 at 11:49 PM.

did you even play TBC?

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    did you even play TBC?
    What does your question even has to do with this topic? Isn't it just unrelated spam? You can literally put this question in any topic...

Yea, Garrosh was in TBC, so what? Instead of asking such an useless question, rather ask something like: "wasn't Garrosh the second in command of Mag'har Orcs in TBC" or "Weren't Mag'har Orcs fighting the Ogres all the time in TBC?".

But nah, "dId YoU eVeN pLaY tBc?" ...

Some people here ask questions that are so pointless that it can be called stupid, this is one of them... it serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by XalAtoh View Post
    What does your question even has to do with this topic? Isn't it just unrelated spam? You can literally put this question in any topic...

Yea, Garrosh was in TBC, so what? Instead of asking such an useless question, rather ask something like: "wasn't Garrosh the second in command of Mag'har Orcs in TBC" or "Weren't Mag'har Orcs fighting the Ogres all the time in TBC?".

But nah, "dId YoU eVeN pLaY tBc?" ...

Some people here ask questions that are so pointless that it can be called stupid, this is one of them... it serves no purpose.
    the topic of daddy issues which you are massively blind to see.
    the first time we see Garrosh is him crying over his daddy.

You're doing all these mental gymnastics to convince yourself that Garrosh should come back.

Garrosh was a good character in the events leading up to his demise after Siege of Orgrimmar, but nothing more.

Just because he checks all your boxes doesn't mean he was the best character in Warcraft. We would need a poll with a sample size that includes every player that has ever played a game in the Warcraft series to determine that. And even then, does player favor indicate character precedence? Or are there more factors to it than that?

I'd rather they bring back grom hellscream tbh

EDIT: they're just gonna bring back everyone aren't they?

Nah, fanfiction because most people just don't comprehend the full lore of Garrosh.
    "Garrosh is too deep for you!" LOL.

Like I said before in this thread, Garrosh "apeshits" for ALL kinds of things, mentioning Grom's crimes is just one of the many reasons for Garrosh to enrage:
    Which in no way lessens Grom being a berserk button for him.

Partly true.

The more and more the players progress in the lore within the gameplay, the more ranked and powerful they and their friends and allies get, the final bosses and their minions have to response to it. You cannot get TBC Illidan now as final bosses in modern WoW expansion, not even Death Wing. Those are too weak.

We saw Sylvanas slaughtering Lich King like it was nothing. Blizzard also said that Thunder King would destroy the Lich King in a 1vs1. Garrosh during Old God powerup was even stronger than Lei Shen the Thunder King.
    You're actually trying to use player and mob levels to claim Garrosh is strong than Deathwing and so on. Well done, I took the bait and replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    OP the amount of reaching you are doing to justify your opinions is staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePainTrain69 View Post
    I'd rather they bring back grom hellscream tbh

EDIT: they're just gonna bring back everyone aren't they?
    "In case of tanking subs, break glass labeled Fan Service." It worked in Legion after WoD tanked, so let's try it again now that BfA tanked even harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    There was never a “Cataclysm persona”. Garrosh in that questline is a singular character, unlike any other of his appearances.
    If I remember correctly, Blizz even said that this wasn’t a planned thing and this single good moment was a mistake they made.
    I remember hearing the complete opposite, that they changed the direction of the character because the community wasn't found of the character lol, as I insinuated in my post, but regardless of Stonetalon, he was still a different leader even in Twilight Highlands. So thus, his Cataclysm persona, hell even if Wolfheart he was different than his MoP persona...yes still a Warmonger, but he had purpose and a vision

Edit:

YEAH they actually did say that he was supposed to have a more heroic and redemptive story arc originally during the conception of the character, I knew there wasn't a glitch in the matrix, I remember them saying that many times that they changed what they wanted the character to be and do based on fan reception, I remember talking to a guild mate on how they Jason Todded him!
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-09-01 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean he is still going to be dead, its not like he is going to Ardenweald and be reborn.

If anything he gets yeeted into the maw because the Venthyr can't make him not cling on to his arrogance, egomania, narcissism and other negative character traits that the Venthyr tries to torture out of people.
    Your avatar makes me imagine Trump getting tossed into the Maw

"Any final words, Mr. Trump?"

"Chi--"

*Gets tossed*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    He was always intended to be a villain. His 'redeeming' characteristics in Cataclysm were the result of miscommunication between writers.
    I clearly remember them saying differently at some point, either at a Blizzcon or a post awhile back..that he was supposed to mirror Varian in a more Warmongering way but never clearly be depicted as an all out villain, but as a true Warchief of the Horde

hmmmm
    Edit:

HMMMMMMM
    Well turns out, he wasn't always intended to be a villain as I said...I knew I remembered them saying it before, this is only one account of it I know there a bits a pieces of this same kind of dialogue regarding Garrosh out there
    Last edited by Evaddon; 2020-09-01 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Garrosh was the character we needed bu we didn't deserve, if we all knew how things rly were going to be bad...

Btw, i don't think this orc in the cinematic is Garrosh, because no tattoos, but maybe blizzard forgot about that too, He would not make sense to be on venthyr, maybe Maldraxus or the Ma if you rly push too far, but its more likely that he went to orc heaven, like he fully deserves it

No point in bringing him back just to spit more on him, beating a dead horse would not make difference, and i don't trust then doing anything good, better let him alone.
    I personally don't think the Maw is the place for him, in the end, he did what he though was right, though his ideals got slowly corrupted, Revendreth is great for him, not for him to stay, but for him to be "at the start" while he is still being "judged", but after that, i could see him going to the "Orc heaven" as you call it, i doubt we will ever see that part of the Shadowlands, but it does work.

Though Lady Vashj proved that you don't have to be pure to end up in Maldraxxus, you may have done a lot of shitty stuff (like trying to take all the water of a whole plane to take control of it) and still go there, though is possible that she passed through revendreth first, but by the way she act and based on what we have heard, she went directly to Maldraxxus.

- - - Updated - - -

You know that he's no talking about Garrosh right?

He's talking about his father, well.. his AU version, cause in the end of the recruitment mission, we have Hellscream charge the Army of the light to give his people enough time to escape, so yeah... truly a hero's death

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Stop it, Troll fanboy. I remember you bitching about Garrosh for years. You seem obsessed with hating a character.
    How sweet that you remember me. Tragic then, that I have no idea who the fuck are you, nor I have a single reason to care. But no, I was never obsessed with hating Garrosh (even though I'll not be hypocritical and not admit I never, ever liked the character) all I did was mostly deconstructing all the biblical amount of bullshit spouted by the character's most blockheaded fans.

Anyway, I'm glad that the mere act of posting anything after so much time still annoys the likes of you. So damn amusing.

No, Garrosh daddy issues comparisons are just "fan"fiction at this point, it's all based on 1 cinematic, then that's a very weak way to define if someone has daddy issues. You have to look at the WHOLE character.

If I have to pick as you call (vague) foundation for Garrosh, then it's pride, strength / willpower... perhaps even "pride and rage brings strength".
    Garrosh as a character was literally presented as having issues with his father figure, he keeps mentioning said figure the whole time and is clear as a sunny sky that a huge chunk of his motivation comes from personal insecurities regarding his now proud legacy, after he spent years complaining about it when he did consider it the opposite. Hell, he literally asks to an imaginary Grom in his dreams if dad was proud of 'lil Garrosh for all the "great" things he has done (it's the prologue of War Crimes, if I remember correctly).

It's not fanfiction, it's lore. You are no different from the people defending Arthas who pretend he was an innocent good boy who did nothing wrong until bad bad Frostmourne took his soul from him. And what a surprise, both characters had gigantic daddy issues, alongside being literal manchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I personally don't think the Maw is the place for him, in the end, he did what he though was right, though his ideals got slowly corrupted, Revendreth is great for him, not for him to stay, but for him to be "at the start" while he is still being "judged", but after that, i could see him going to the "Orc heaven" as you call it, i doubt we will ever see that part of the Shadowlands, but it does work.

Though Lady Vashj proved that you don't have to be pure to end up in Maldraxxus, you may have done a lot of shitty stuff (like trying to take all the water of a whole plane to take control of it) and still go there, though is possible that she passed through revendreth first, but by the way she act and based on what we have heard, she went directly to Maldraxxus.
    Garrosh is blatantly Revendreth material, no idea how people could think otherwise. He pretty much mirrored Kael'thas' mistakes and look where the Blood Elf is.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2020-09-01 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post

Garrosh as a character was literally presented as having issues with his father figure, he keeps mentioning said figure the whole time and is clear as a sunny sky that a huge chunk of his motivation comes from personal insecurities regarding his now proud legacy, after he spent years complaining about it when he did consider it the opposite. Hell, he literally asks to an imaginary Grom in his dreams if dad was proud of 'lil Garrosh for all the "great" things he has done (it's the prologue of War Crimes, if I remember correctly).

It's not fanfiction, it's lore. You are no different from the people defending Arthas who pretend he was an innocent good boy who did nothing wrong until bad bad Frostmourne took his soul from him. And what a surprise, both characters had gigantic daddy issues, alongside being literal manchildren.

i think the problem here is an over exaggeration of his problem and people trying to reduce the character as just that, or using the "issue" as something to ''denigrate" or minimize the character, like he have some disease or that alone invalidate him completely and make him a bad characacter.

Having "daddy issues" is a fuckton common, of course Garrosh had but isn't like his only thing, that is a flaw that helped build the character, make him feel real, with a real and mundane problem that anyone can have, unlike other characters who are perfect with no flaws you could understand Garrosh.

Also, there is a fine line between respect with his dad father and proud with daddy issues. Don't think Garrosh fit the manchild like Arthas, since Arthas was a human prince with everything in golden plate, as an orc there isn't place for shit like that by default

Garrosh is blatantly Revendreth material, no idea how people could think otherwise. He pretty much mirrored Kael'thas' mistakes and look where the Blood Elf is.
    He went to orc heaven

How sweet that you remember me. Tragic then, that I have no idea who the fuck are you, nor I have a single reason to care.