Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    A question, what specificaly for eu players should be our goal on day one
    My suggestion - given it is a game, is to ensure you have fun for the first week or two, because after that it looks like you'll be treating it like a job.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by glszino View Post
    I don't understand why it needs to be done, sorry.

Faster travel time in the zone is nice but is it really mandatory?
    Buffs the adventurers, are those for mission tables? That doesn't seem mandatory unless we have missions for power like residuum. I don't care about gold.
    I probably need to look for more info on the unique part because the introduction info I read on them didn't look like it was mandatory to do that.

Anima seems to only be needed for sanctum upgrades and this seems useless to me at the moment.

I probably do these chores until I reach honored, afterwards there doesn't seem to be any reason to do that anymore... unless we need a fully upgraded sanctum for pathfinder?

In BfA, it made sense to do the WQ for the AP, here I don't understand why it is needed.

Any endgame where I can just login and do M+ or Raid and a few weekly stuff like torghast and renown quests would be perfect.
    Unless I'm mistaken the only things related to player power are 2 weekly quests for renown and the torghast run. Rest is cosmetic. Upgrading sanctum does nothing for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken the only things related to player power are 2 weekly quests for renown and the torghast run. Rest is cosmetic. Upgrading sanctum does nothing for power.
    I wonder if that's why we're getting the raid after just 2 weeks rather than the 3-4 of previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Well, if that's really all that needs to be taken care of weekly, that's perfect. Thanks.

Basically nothing rewards character progression, so there is not much to do on 60. Is basically 2 Thorgast runs and a little bit Renown farm. In the beginning m+ will be a thing to get gear, but once that is done its WoD style of content where you only raid log.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    My suggestion - given it is a game, is to ensure you have fun for the first week or two, because after that it looks like you'll be treating it like a job.
    someone who wants to play through the whole expansion and do all dungeons on mythic in endgame on the first day of release treats it already like a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Basically nothing rewards character progression, so there is not much to do on 60. Is basically 2 Thorgast runs and a little bit Renown farm. In the beginning m+ will be a thing to get gear, but once that is done its WoD style of content where you only raid log.
    There is a lot of great things to do at 60 then, no stupid and easy content that you need to do daily for char progression is awesome.

You can do pvp, M+, play with your alts, farm mounts/achievements, pet battles for fun once you have done torgast and the 2 renown quests.

I don't understand why it needs to be done, sorry.

Faster travel time in the zone is nice but is it really mandatory?
    Buffs the adventurers, are those for mission tables? That doesn't seem mandatory unless we have missions for power like residuum. I don't care about gold.
    I probably need to look for more info on the unique part because the introduction info I read on them didn't look like it was mandatory to do that.

Anima seems to only be needed for sanctum upgrades and this seems useless to me at the moment.

I probably do these chores until I reach honored, afterwards there doesn't seem to be any reason to do that anymore... unless we need a fully upgraded sanctum for pathfinder?

In BfA, it made sense to do the WQ for the AP, here I don't understand why it is needed.

Any endgame where I can just login and do M+ or Raid and a few weekly stuff like torghast and renown quests would be perfect.
    You can basically think of Anima as Class Hall Resources from Legion. Yes it's primarily used for upgrading the sanctum/operating the adventure table, but it will probably also be used for buying reroll tokens and cosmetic stuff that's not implemented in Beta yet. Whether or not that's worth doing is entirely up to you.

Pathfinder's not in the game yet so we don't know what will be required but I would be surprised if the Sanctum was part of it. More than likely just rep/exploring for the first part.

That's the beauty of SL it seems, it's far less punishing for people who don't want to log in everyday and do 20 WQ's then farm M+ all week to maximise AP.
    Last edited by Rusken; 2020-09-01 at 08:46 AM.

are you implying that playing the game with goals in mind isnt fun?

I do intend to have fun, some 24 hours of it in the first day. and during those 24 hours of fun, i wanna make sure i don't miss somthing that coudlve given me an edge if i had done it be4 reset.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    You can basically think of Anima as Class Hall Resources from Legion. Yes it's primarily used for upgrading the sanctum/operating the adventure table, but it will probably also be used for buying reroll tokens and cosmetic stuff that's not implemented in Beta yet. Whether or not that's worth doing is entirely up to you.

Pathfinder's not in the game yet so we don't know what will be required but I would be surprised if the Sanctum was part of it. More than likely just rep/exploring for the first part.

That's the beauty of SL it seems, it's far less punishing for people who don't want to log in everyday and do 20 WQ's then farm M+ all week to maximise AP.
    Not interested by that so I am good. Thanks for the info!

are you implying that playing the game with goals in mind isnt fun?
    No. Are you implying that ?

I'm implying NOT playing the game isn't fun.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    someone who wants to play through the whole expansion and do all dungeons on mythic in endgame on the first day of release treats it already like a job.
    wrong.

If i approached my work and career with the same passion and determination i do computer games id be an entrepeneur and philantropist by now. And even if i do enjoy the job i have now and im proud to be in the position i am in, it doesnt give me the dopamine filled ride a new game release does.

I treat it like a passion and a hobby. And i intend to indulge said passion for 24 hours come releaseday with the selfcontrol of a 8year old on cristmas eve.

This notion that players who play the game for long stretches of time doesnt have fun is a delusion. This is what we live for, the launchday of an expansion is often the most awesome day of the year, its a 24hour blast of new content to experience. Ive binged every single wow expansion ever since tbc, and ive had superfun doing it with a group of friends every single time.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Are you implying that ?

I'm implying NOT playing the game isn't fun.
    Why would i be implying that? It seems, given the way you responded, that completing the weekly objectives on day 1 before the reset and having fun are two mutually explusive things. An idea wich i wholeheartedly disagree with, i intend to have a blast doing it.

wrong.

If i approached my work and career with the same passion and determination i do computer games id be an entrepeneur and philantropist by now. And even if i do enjoy the job i have now and im proud to be in the position i am in, it doesnt give me the dopamine filled ride a new game release does.

I treat it like a passion and a hobby. And i intend to indulge said passion for 24 hours come releaseday with the selfcontrol of a 8year old on cristmas eve.
    You have a point there.

How can we be thrilled by daily/weekly chores?

A question, what specificaly for eu players should be our goal on day one (we got 1 day be4 weekly reset).

Im guessing unlocking thorgast and progress far enough to get the material cap?
    8/8 M+0 dungs for gear.

Anything else on the checklist to do be4 wedensday reset?
    If memory serves me well, mythic dungeons (among other things) were not available the first day of previous expansions in the EU, exactly so that it doesn't incentivize a "rush" mentality in leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    If memory serves me well, mythic dungeons (among other things) were not available the first day of previous expansions in the EU, exactly so that it doesn't incentivize a "rush" mentality in leveling.
    Its true the locked them day1 in bfa. They havent said anything about it this time around but we can probobly assume they will unlock with the reset on wedensday. Its probobly more so that we don't get a extra resets worth of stuff comapred to US thou

Still, legion had tons of other stuff open on day 1 that incentivised quick leveling of your chars to get started on that artifact knowledge levling. So it would not be unprecedented if weeklys were active on launch day.

So far it really doesn't look to bad. So long as they don't mess with the rates bars fill like they did leveling xp I would say it works out to roughly three hours a week give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixxkill View Post
    From what I'm seeing -

WEEKLY:

2 torgast runs (minimum)
    2 covenant quests that award 1 "Renowned"

Daily:

3 "covenant callings" (emissary type) quests that are everything from dailies to dungeons.
    Follower missions
    normal WQ's for Anima/REP

I'm probably forgetting something.....
    3 callings a day or 1 calling a day that lasts 3 days (like emissaries)?

There is a lot of great things to do at 60 then, no stupid and easy content that you need to do daily for char progression is awesome.

You can do pvp, M+, play with your alts, farm mounts/achievements, pet battles for fun once you have done torgast and the 2 renown quests.
    Nothing of that progresses your character. We had the same concept in WoD (- M+) and we already know it equals "nothing to do". I am not making this up, we literally already had the exact same setup and everybody was bored AF.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Nothing of that progresses your character. We had the same concept in WoD (- M+) and we already know it equals "nothing to do". I am not making this up, we literally already had the exact same setup and everybody was bored AF.
    there is clearly more meaningful content in Shadowlands than there was in WoD...