Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Well, morally speaking... Everyone ?

Narratively speaking, please just let finished stories be finished.
    I think that's just it. Blizzard rarely lets the narrative guide character development. It's whatever character that an external source deems relevant that receives attention, whether or not they actually require attention or if their involvement makes narrative sense. Pushing Sylvanas for the past three expansions in symptomatic of this.

Sometimes a character's entire previous characterization is thrown out the window because someone decided to shoehorn them in, like Deathwing himself and Zaela of the Dragonmaw Clan.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Meh, it was only filthy Orcs and Trolls he really hated.
    that's Danath Trollbane

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Oh I didn't know they made Fordring a villain at one point or how come you think he needs a redemption arc?
    "I'm so sorry Southshore/Hillsbrad people the Argent Crusade has abandoned you"
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Redeem Othmar Garithos.

The leader and hero we need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Med'an. Except in this case "redemption" means he becomes a world boss loot-pinata with a secret Feat of Strength achievement for killing him every week until the update patch of the next expansion after Shadowlands. No connected story or lore, either; no reason for him to even be there save killing him over and over.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Med'an. Except in this case "redemption" means he becomes a world boss loot-pinata with a secret Feat of Strength achievement for killing him every week until the update patch of the next expansion after Shadowlands. No connected story or lore, either; no reason for him to even be there save killing him over and over.
    even our man Aucald doesn't like something

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Baine does, I'd like to see him become a strong independent tauren who don't need no alliance king

Kael'thas because lorewise it's most plausible - genuinely good guy turned bad because of demon influence + short end from allies + tragic events befalling his entire nation.

He is also one of warcraft 3 fan favourites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Kael'thas because lorewise it's most plausible - genuinely good guy turned bad because of demon influence + short end from allies + tragic events befalling his entire nation.

He is also one of warcraft 3 fan favourites.
    Pretty sure that's exactly what happens in Shadowlands.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Runas the Shamed
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

3+ Year Old Account
    I really wish Aiden Perenolde would appear in Revendreth, maybe we wouldn't save him or help him but maybe as a cameo of "congratulations King Perenolde, you have passed the trial" and then only Elune knows what happen to him
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Deathwing, Malygos... good riddance.
    Deathwing def. doesn't. He can stay dead since Wrathion and Ebonhorn effectively exist as the redemption of the Black Dragonflight as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnosh View Post
    Deathwing def. doesn't. He can stay dead since Wrathion and Ebonhorn effectively exist as the redemption of the Black Dragonflight as a whole.
    Eh, maybe not a full on arc and return to life... but it would be interesting to see the state of his soul after eons of Old God corruption. What would Neltharion think of Deathwing?

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    Eh, maybe not a full on arc and return to life... but it would be interesting to see the state of his soul after eons of Old God corruption. What would Neltharion think of Deathwing?
    He would be ashamed of his own incompetence and weak mind. Especially since he was a demi-god, when there are mortals (void elves) who can control the whispers instead of succumbing to them.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    We having an x-pac in the world of the dead, if there is any plausable reason to bring back an old character, i would love to, after all, shadowlands is now their world. For instance i would love to ear Athas motivations in the first person, i also don't really think he is responsable for most of the stuff he as donne (for most of it, is soul was trapped inside Frostmourne), perhaps he doesn't deserve the maw.

But there is no reason to bring back old characters, they have donne it to many times by now... Illidian.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zul'jin, obviously.

I always wanted to see Arthas maybe not redeemed but sacrifice himself somehow to save the Shadowlands. Maybe an act of selflessness that helps repair all the broken souls.

3+ Year Old Account
    the Tyr's Hand peasants who got Tiannanmen'd by the Alliance in the Second War?

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Illidan did NOT get redeemed in Legion. He was still a power hungry asshole. They just gave him more of a motivation throughout it. Hell, if anything, TBC fucked his character up. Imo, Legion did a good job with bringing Illidan back to his WC3 characterization.
    No, he wasn't power hungry... at all.

Even in his own book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Blizzard doesn't deserve one, but they need one, that's for sure.