Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    To all so far: Why those 4?
    for my horde toons, I've gone with what I think best reflects their class. so Pally, Priest, Monk, Warrior are going Kyrian; DK, DH and Mage are going Necrolord; Hunter, Shaman and Druid are Night Fae and Warlock, Rogue are Venthyr.

then my alliance toons/other horde toons will fill any xmog gaps; so Hunter in Kyrian, Shaman in Necrolord and Venthyr, DK in Venthyr as well and Paladin/Mage in Night Fae

I used to be a tank main for multiple expansions, but now im going back to MoP Roots of DPS so my choices will be
    Main: Priest
    A1: Hunter
    A2: Warlock
    A3: Warrior

Monk (Alliance)
    DH (Horde)
    Hunter (Alliance)
    Warrior (Alliance)

Monk and DH will get whichever covenant is best for them, and the other 2 will get the rest.

I am only sure about my current warrior main which seems condemned to go Venthyr (yes I did that) even though I like necrolord fantasy more.
    Other ones might include Shaman, Priest, Monk and Paladin most notably but I haven't made any decisions there yet, maybe except the Priest which will most probably end up Night Fae for that sweet discipline covenant ability.
    S.H.

Now this is a difficult one, mostly because while I have 4 alts (Hunter, DK, Mage and Druid) I cannot for the life of me figure out which one I should place in Venthyr. I really just can't stand that covenant, and enduring it on of those alts feels like crippling my enjoyment uneccesarily.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Paladin - Night Fae
    DK - Kyrian
    Shaman- Necrolords
    Priest - Venthyr

I will be leveling four characters just to have different things to play, but I will pick the covenants not based on aesthetics or RP, but on fun interactions of covenant abilities with my classes:

- Warlock: Necrolords, as destro/affli are really fun with decimation bolt.
    - DK: Night Fae, I like how D&D is enhanced by the night fae, can be used on single target, and can also be kept at a high/full uptime with the right setup.
    - Mage: Necrolords, I love turning into a cool lich, and I find that the most interesting as all 3 specs.
    - Hunter: Kyrian, I really like the way the Bastion ability works for them, with the LoSing tricks being fun to do in m+, the extra crit chance, etc. It just feels fun as MM at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dh, Hunter, Druid and Rogue.

Covenants i will choose whichever is best for raids / M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Eventually I'll be doing it across at least 16 characters to unlock every possible transmog. But at this point I'm not too far off having enough characters to dedicate each character to a specific spec, so I'll probably spread out my characters in a way that I get the abilities I most want for the dedicated spec of each character.
    To be fair, as a certified altoholic, I expect to eventually do the same. I currently have 17 max level toons, but I'm trying to be "strategic" with my first four choices though, if remotely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Blood dk = Venthyr because obviously
    Outlaw rogue = I want to go Venthyr aswell for the armor, I guess necrolord for the ability, even though the armor set doesn't fit the theme of outlaw whatsoever, Guess I can always transmog it to the Antorus rogue set.
    Feel the same. I don't know what to do with my outlaw rogue because the necrolord ability looks cool but that armor set is ass. My rogue probably won't be one of my first four though, so I've got time to sort it out I suppose.

---

Do professions influence anyone's decision at all?

I'm trying to balance classes I enjoy the most with the covenants with professions, but at the end of the day I'll probably just end up playing the ones I feel like playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior, Druid, as these are my raiders
    Warlock and Paladin because the warlock is a scribe and I want to make contracts ASAP, and the Paladin is an Alchy so I want to get into the pot business (hey, DEA, not that kind of pot) quickly too.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Do professions influence anyone's decision at all?

I'm trying to balance classes I enjoy the most with the covenants with professions, but at the end of the day I'll probably just end up playing the ones I feel like playing.
    That's exactly what dictates my leveling process, since my main has always been a Skinner/LWer since vanilla.

Which means druid -> mage/hunter -> rogue/priest for me. Why? Mage/Hunter cover herbalism/alchemy/mining/enchanting, rogue takes care of inscription while my priest takes care of JC (and tailoring). I'm generally really late with engineering, as most of my engineering needs are Goblin Gliders... of which I have a guild bank full of them still. The problem is, as always, herbalism/alchemy is always so good that you cannot not have them at the start of an expansion if you want to be self-sustaining without blowing through a ton of gold. Enchanting is going to be bigger now with crafting legendaries, as each base item requires an enchanter to make certain materials (similar to vanilla). After alchemy/enchanting in terms of primary professions, it'll just come down to personal preference of what I'm feeling like when it comes to what to level next.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Guardian/Balance druid, Night elf, "fae matron" concept: Necro-Nah I'm just kidding, she's a slam dunk for Night fae. She's likely the "main-main until flight" or at least until all the covenant exclusive cosmetics are on the table.

Blood/Unholy Death knight, Void Elf, "general of the unliving" concept: Necrolords

Brewmaster Monk, Blood elf, "champion of mercy" concept: Kyrian. I *need* the darker armor set for him!

Affliction Warlock, Void Elf, "Psychopomp/Contractor of Souls" concept: Venthyr... largely because I *need* the armor set for my priest but warlock is a solo friendly class and priest is not, and I can't commit a "main" slot to a class that sucks on their own.

Orc Death Knight - Necrolord
    Troll Druid or Night Elf Hunter - Night Fae
    Blood Elf Demon Hunter- Venthyr
    Human Paladin - Kyrian

Why? Cause those are the ones I play the most.

I don't care for undead and don't really want to do any class as Necrolord but to be a completionist the only char I would somewhat be ok with spending an eternity with a bunch of corpses is the one closest to being a necromancer.

Night Fae is pretty obvious as to why I'd choose one of those.

I also wouldn't want to become a shitty old looking bat/ratman or a blue winged human slave either and so Kyrian would be my paladin trying to save uther and fix their fucked up system and my demon hunter would be venthyr to remove his sins and hopefully a get better afterlife then the 3 terrible covenants/the maw and what basically amounts to a second life with less tech and more trees and animals.

5+ Year Old Account
    Monk - Venthyr

Paladin - Kyrian

Death knight - Necrolord

Shaman - Night Fae

My main will be pandaDK for Night Fae, and Arms warrior for Kyrian, most likely.

The rest is up in the air. Priest, shaman, mage, hunter, rogue... Who knows where I will put each and which I will play first. Monk is a possibility too but probably will stay shelved unless WW gets a serious look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feral druid, Feral druid, Feral druid..

And Feral Druid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking about warlock, dh, brm monk, and maybe rogue. I doubt they'll all be separate covenants though.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I also wouldn't want to become a shitty old looking bat/ratman or a blue winged human slave either and so Kyrian would be my paladin trying to save uther and fix their fucked up system and my demon hunter would be venthyr to remove his sins and hopefully a get better afterlife then the 3 terrible covenants/the maw and what basically amounts to a second life with less tech and more trees and animals.
    I like your backstory! 3/4 of my "designated first" are family, and there's a family interest in this entire concept of going to the afterlife for various reasons. My druid is the mother of my best friend's druid and she (the daughter) took Teldrassil very hard. My druid wants answers about the souls of Teldrassil and also to keep an eye on Tyrande!
    Last edited by Omedon; 2020-09-01 at 10:44 PM.

I have 1 or more of every class at max level, and as such will be waiting for the Pre-Patch to make any decisions. I quite like the look of the specs that have undergone heavy changes, Spriest and Enhance look fun, Arms looks fun, Prot Pally looks fun.........but honestly, until i get my hands on them in the live game, i wont be making any decisions.

Worgen Druid - Night Fae (The whole worgen and druid connection to nature)
    Zandalari Paladin - Kyrian (Light and paladin and trolls and the like)
    Void Elf Monk - Venthyr (Shadowy character for a shadowy zone)
    Lightforged Warrior - Necro Lord (Literally forged to be a weapon)