Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Rogue
    Hunter
    Paladin
    Demon Hunter

I usually always level my rogue first, followed by hunter. Last two are just what I leveled in BFA, so i figure I'll stick with them. I have no idea about Covenants, I haven't been paying attention to any of the info.

I main a Retribution Paladin, so that's definetely my first character.
    I also really want to do the new Shadow Priest, so that's probably going to be my second.

The last two spots are going to be a tough pick, because I have a lot of 120 alts, but for now - Affliction Warlock and Enhancement Shaman.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blood/unholy Night Fae
    Resto/ele ??
    Fire/frost ??

Not even checked for my 2 alts yet.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Guardian main
    Prot paladin, warrior
    Survival Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    Guardian main
    Prot paladin, warrior
    Survival Hunter
    No wrong answers, just wondering what it is about Yogi that makes you want to main it? I have mained one through various tiers in various expansions, but always find myself literally falling asleep while playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    I like your backstory! 3/4 of my "designated first" are family, and there's a family interest in this entire concept of going to the afterlife for various reasons. My druid is the mother of my best friend's druid and she (the daughter) took Teldrassil very hard. My druid wants answers about the souls of Teldrassil and also to keep an eye on Tyrande!
    That's cool. I think Night Elves are druids probably have the best reasons for going into the shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    That's exactly what dictates my leveling process, since my main has always been a Skinner/LWer since vanilla.

Which means druid -> mage/hunter -> rogue/priest for me. Why? Mage/Hunter cover herbalism/alchemy/mining/enchanting, rogue takes care of inscription while my priest takes care of JC (and tailoring). I'm generally really late with engineering, as most of my engineering needs are Goblin Gliders... of which I have a guild bank full of them still. The problem is, as always, herbalism/alchemy is always so good that you cannot not have them at the start of an expansion if you want to be self-sustaining without blowing through a ton of gold. Enchanting is going to be bigger now with crafting legendaries, as each base item requires an enchanter to make certain materials (similar to vanilla). After alchemy/enchanting in terms of primary professions, it'll just come down to personal preference of what I'm feeling like when it comes to what to level next.
    Yeah, I think part of what's playing in my mind is a lack of good synergy with the professions attached to the classes I'm inclined to play first.

My pally is effectively my main - jewelcrafter. Not bad I suppose.
    Warlock - tailor/enchanter. Still fine.
    Mage - engineer. Like you, I don't see much point working on engineering until later on. So then I feel like it might be my warrior - blacksmith.
    I'm literally considering a xfer of my unholy dk because he's my (sort of) original alchemist whereas my alchy on my new realm is an outlaw rogue that I kind of like playing but not as much and I'm not too excited about any of the leather armor covenant sets so no rush there.

I might do Pally (Kyrian) then Lock (Venthyr) then xferred DK (Necrolord) then... who knows, maybe a gatherer I enjoy playing. Though with Night Fae being the remaining covenant, I could roll with my shammy who's my LW. That could work.

to start off for the covenants i'll probably do:

Ret Paladin
    Unholy/Frost DK
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Enhancement Shaman

i'm a bit of an alt maniac myself so eventually i'll be taking all my alts in both factions into the shadowlands. but that will mainly be for profession stuff from reps later on.

Druid
    Paladin
    Mage
    Shaman....or DK.... or Priest.... or Monk.

At this stage anyway. As for Covenants... well I have no clue. Probably Night Fae for the Pally (Ret) just for Soulshape.

Human Paladin (Ret/Prot) for Bastion
    Worgen Druid (Balance) for Ardenweald
    Void elf Warlock (Affliction) for Ravendreth
    For Maldraxxus I haven't decided between Dwarf Warrior, Dark Iron Warrior or Human Death knight.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Venthyr DH
    Necrolord Pally
    Kyrian Priest
    Nightfae Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    No wrong answers, just wondering what it is about Yogi that makes you want to main it? I have mained one through various tiers in various expansions, but always find myself literally falling asleep while playing.
    I started playing wow on this toon(Druid) for some reason I can't give up the versatility. I enjoy the on demand mitigation from Iron fur. I know they aren't the most entertaining tanks. It was hard for me to swap to prot(both) with their charges, but I've gotten better toward the end of bfa. Also Bear-Hulk is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hero2Zer0 View Post
    I started playing wow on this toon(Druid) for some reason I can't give up the versatility. I enjoy the on demand mitigation from Iron fur. I know they aren't the most entertaining tanks. It was hard for me to swap to prot(both) with their charges, but I've gotten better toward the end of bfa. Also Bear-Hulk is adorable.
    Cant disagree with any of that. Same with my warrior - first toon i rolled in vanilla, and have stuck with him since then. Always the first to level, even if i immediately park him and jump on something else. Sadly, i dont like the DPS centric modern prot, but thats ok, people seem to love it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pally for bastion, Warrior and Druid for Ard, Hunter for Venth, DK for Mal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    If you're not an altoholic, this question may not be for you

I'm trying to decide which of my toons to be my 4 (or 'first' 4) to go through Shadowlands with; the idea being one per covenant.

Basically curious, for those thinking along the same lines, what toons did you settle on and why?
    Moonkin, Horde
    Warlock, Horde
    UH DK, Alliance
    EnhShaman, Horde
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    rogue, dk, hunter and shaman problably

DH Havoc, Prot/Ret Pally, Fire Mage, DK! and then the 8 classes left.
    Last edited by Musta; 2020-09-02 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Blood DK, Vengeance DH, BrM Monk and Prot Paladin
    Always nice to find a gentleman with fine taste.

Blood DK BrM monk is HOT SEX , DH because how do you not play a DH knowing that it exists and prot pally is also warm sex

- im also gonna do DK frost/unholy MW monk ,and DPS DH

4 toons hah!

My plan is to have 36 toons, 1 for each spec, who knows how that'll go though.

I have decided 4, but i don't know if that will cover all covenants. The abilities are still being changed and i intend to choose whatever is best.

Retribution/Protection Paladin
    Mistweaver/Windwalker Monk
    Markmanship Hunter
    Guardian/Feral Druid

Those are the 4 main. I might play a DK Frost/Blood as well.

If the covenants aren't covered then i will pick another alt to go through the story of the covenant i'm missing. Enhancement shaman and destro lock are on the table.
    I think Kyrian and Night Fae might be the most difficult ones to fill. But, we'll see where the abilities land.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-09-02 at 04:44 AM.