Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Just to chime in: you’re wrong, you’ve been proven wrong, and now you’re just sounding like a child trying to make up arguments that were never discussed to try and save face.
    Oh look, another fanboy that can't understand simple logic. Wasn't proven wrong anywhere, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But you know more about player retention and how it works than this "Blizzard reject"? You would believe the word of any random shmoe on the internet as long as what they said matched with your preconceived notion about player retention?

Is Trump the only source for corona figures? No? Then your example does not apply.
    So anyone that works in a field and proves they can't do their job properly, show their lack of knowledge with pretty much every alteration to the game and numerous posts, leaves said position after proving they are incapable of doing it properly, should have their word taken as gospel even though common sense proves the opposite. Sure.

The state of the game has nothing to do with subscribers and the millions that left the game in a quarter in WoD and the badly recevied expansions was all because of personal and life reasons. Top quality stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hekazi View Post
    I think it bled that many subs because that's just how the MMO genre actually is.. The world is far from what it was 8 years ago, and modern attractions for new generations are games like Fortnite and so on.. I wouldn't fault Blizzard primarily for the declining playerbase.
    Of course. Age will always play a factor, and the game was never going to stay at 12 million subs. Does age cause a 2.9 million loss in a quarter? Somehow, I don't think so... All the Blizzard white knights on this forum put age down as the ONLY reason of WoW's decline, and that is just delusional and laughable.

IN ESO, BOE = bind to account. Imagine being able to send my plate gear to my DK once my warrior is done with it..

Its not the most useful as Heirloom gear basically does this but its still a novel concept.

I'm more interested in player housing.. all my toys might look pretty sweet in my player housing although this will never happen.

Probably wouldn't be able to consider this one "small" but I would love to be able to play all classes and have all professions on a single character like FFXIV. Of course, you'd still have to level the classes independently, but it would be so nice to be able to share some gear across all appropriate classes with the click of a button, and would make switching alts in raids so much easier, but it would have to come with a lot of rebalancing, such as no profession perks, etc... to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Oh look, another fanboy that can't understand simple logic. Wasn't proven wrong anywhere, champ.

So anyone that works in a field and proves they can't do their job properly, show their lack of knowledge with pretty much every alteration to the game and numerous posts, leaves said position after proving they are incapable of doing it properly, should have their word taken as gospel even though common sense proves the opposite. Sure.

The state of the game has nothing to do with subscribers and the millions that left the game in a quarter in WoD and the badly recevied expansions was all because of personal and life reasons. Top quality stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course. Age will always play a factor, and the game was never going to stay at 12 million subs. Does age cause a 2.9 million loss in a quarter? Somehow, I don't think so... All the Blizzard white knights on this forum put age down as the ONLY reason of WoW's decline, and that is just delusional and laughable.
    Nothing to do with being a fanboy, just calling you out for what happened and what you have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Yeah, this would be nice in WoW. So basically, you'd apply your transmog to gear slots instead of the gear itself.
    They won't implement this as transmog is a gold sink each time you get a new piece of gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionwoman View Post
    Tints from Guild Wars 2 and (I know this is quite controversial but) Housing.
    They won't put in tints for armour as colour tints are the main way to seperate out the look of LFR, normal, herioc, and mythic gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, if it is of good quality. That's why subs always go up when expansions are released, then drop down after people realise it's still crap.
    It's not crap, it's that a huge proportion of potential WoW players have played it at some point over the past 16 year, and those that are likely to stick around have probably already dedicated years of gameplay to previous expansions, and maybe just want to move onto something new, or not commit to another a year or two for a new expansion.

As said, keeping the amount of WoW players subscribed and interested in continually playing, paying a monthly fee, is a huge testimant to how good the game actually is. Potential WoW players aged 20-40-60 have already played an expansion or two, and younger players the game is competing with far more modern games like fortnight.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Runescape has a drop down menu where you can choose the background of the log in screen
    Me not that kind of Orc!

I don't know if it is in other mmo's but the abilty for alts to skip intro quests for patches, once completed on your main, would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by dagonar View Post
    They won't put in tints for armour as colour tints are the main way to seperate out the look of LFR, normal, herioc, and mythic gear.
    They always could put exclusive color variants for LFR, NM, HC & MC.
    Tints for mounts could also be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    I love how many people go the "fuck feminism!! ruining society!" Never change, "/r/incels" champion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    No more eeeelves!

I think devs should copy concept of "world mystery" type of quests from Allods Online.
    Its some quest chains that come through several locations and what is important - paralel to zone quest chains. You solve problems zone and knew some new info to your world mystery chain. There will be some purpose to come to location, not just "hey, i am adventurer, give me some quest and loot". You meet NPC in location 10-20lvl, than go further and eventualy in your 40th you come to dungeon that seems not suitable for your mystery, but in the end you find journal that leads you forvard. In the end, you come with info to your faction keeper of secrets and keeper with you summarize it to journal of mysteries. click fo more info

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love for reputations to be account bound based on Faction, they offer very little in terms of reward anyhow,

Also player housing

acc wide reputation

housing

NPCs for solo dungeon runs
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

And you are the arbiter who decides who does and who does not do a good job at Blizzard, I imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    And you are the arbiter who decides who does and who does not do a good job at Blizzard, I imagine?
    Mm no. More like the top players that slated every change he did that contributed to the decline of certain aspects of the game and in turn caused the downfall of WoW and its subs. He ignored every suggestion on the ptr or betas (what they were playing it for) by said players, just to implement something far worse and nonsensical because "we are Blizzard and we know best".

Yes, if it is of good quality. That's why subs always go up when expansions are released, then drop down after people realise it's still crap.
    You know there is something called adulthood, kids, work, and other stuff that can make you stop playing the game? Or just, you can outgrow it.

unlimited ignore list from GW2
    and in GW2 ignorelist is account wide and it's the other account that you ignore not just that one character

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    You know there is something called adulthood, kids, work, and other stuff that can make you stop playing the game? Or just, you can outgrow it.
    Obviously... but people have responsibilities and such like that ALL the time, and a huge loss never happened when the game was considered good. Do I really have to repeat myself again? Do you honestly think 2.9 million people quit the game in one quarter of WoD SOLELY due to life reasons and lack of time? And that this coincidentally happened in arugably the worst or second worst expac ever with not much to do? Really?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    Going f2p or buy to play. Making it so it’s free to level up to level 50 and only pay for the current expansion, not the base game. Similar to FF14 which I have been playing for free up to level 50 on many classes.
    You still need to buy the base game. The starter edition comes with ARR and Heavensward, Shadowbringers includes Stormblood. (source-FF 14 official store page.)
    WOW has been leading the way in terms of not buying older expansions for many years now, they were constantly rolling expansions into the Battle Chest.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    You still need to buy the base game. The starter edition comes with ARR and Heavensward, Shadowbringers includes Stormblood. (source-FF 14 official store page.)
    WOW has been leading the way in terms of not buying older expansions for many years now, they were constantly rolling expansions into the Battle Chest.
    No, they updated it a few years back to give you up to level 35 completely free, no purchase required, and just updated it again to go all the way to Heavensward, and level 60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Mm no.
    And yet you act like you do. Hm.

More like the top players that slated every change he did that contributed to the decline of certain aspects of the game and in turn caused the downfall of WoW and its subs.
    Oh, such a spicy, hyperbolic take. Every change? Huh. I wonder if "every change" has anything to do with what I wrote below, here:

He ignored every suggestion on the ptr or betas (what they were playing it for) by said players, just to implement something far worse and nonsensical because "we are Blizzard and we know best".
    Yeah. Because "remove this feature completely and put something else more fun in its place" is such good, well-thought-out feedback. I mean, truly, replacing an entire feature is such an easily doable thing in the short time a beta test lasts, and completely remaking features is totally the reason beta-testing exists...
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2020-09-02 at 10:41 PM.