Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Most of them are fine, people just have a distorted reality and will set the bar for what is acceptable at the best playing class... which effectively renders most other classes "unplayable".

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Its Legion to BFA all over again. Like 3 specs got an actual rework and the rest plays like BFA classes without all the azerite/corrution/essences stuff. Balance, Shadow and Enhancement got a rework, the rest is basically the same with 1-3 talent changes.
    Pretty much this. BfA was Legion 1.5 with legendary replacement v1.0 (azerite/corruption/essences).

Welcome to Legion 1.75. Despite the extra time spent on this expansion, fewer total resources were working on anything besides art, so you are basically paying $40-$80 for Legion (again) with legendary replacement v2.0 (Covenants).

If you just want to dps then do yourself a favor and play Warlock. They are brokenly OP as always.. even more so actually cause now they are also amazing in M+ on top of being the king on raiding.

Let me save you some heartache. Don't main Enhance, its not possible. Enhance is super fun but it's so poorly designed at its base that eventually you'll get tired like we all do an roll something else. Enhance is so much fun in small doses. The problem with Enhance are deeply rooted. Which sucks cause it is fun. You will get tired of being blown to pieces constantly because your kit is so awful.

Enhance was considered squishy when it had huge 5 stack heals, Healing tide totem, huge spirit wolf healing CD, stone bulwark totem and healing stream totem.

Enhance lost most of its def CDs and no one knows why as it was already like being a wet napkin.

Tldr play Enhance as an alt you'll enjoy it far more. And this is coming from someone that mained Enhance all of BC and most of Wrath before giving up. I think every expansion, I'm maining Enhance don't care I love the play style. I never make it and when you reroll it feels good to shed that unwarranted stress.

There are plenty of specs that are are super close that don't have so many flaws to overcome.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2020-09-01 at 11:21 PM.

I just want to know when 2 handed frost is going to gets its buff.

Quote Originally Posted by hambone2626 View Post
    I just want to know when 2 handed frost is going to gets its buff.

Apparently 2H Frost is king with Obliterate build

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    OP is talking about class changes and reworks, which has little to nothing to do with anything you just mentioned.
    Uhm... many specs require those things to feel good. This was the problem in Legion and BfA as well. Basic classes didn't make much sense, they only improved with artifact trees / legendaries / azerite.

Most specs will feel worse in the pre patch because they lose all the borrowed powers, but it'll get better as soon as SL class design (Conduits, Legendaries, Covenant) kicks in. This is the biggest problem of class design since they started with these rental powers in Legion. Every spec feels worse at the start of a new expansion (this wasn't the case until Legion).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

If you want an honest answer, I don't know.

The question was simple - "Which classes and specs are actually in acceptable state?"

Brewmaster - monk - its hot sex right now
    Mistweaver - monk - its warm sex - just needs damage that is more than half that of a disc priest.
    Protection - Paladin - frosty good sex right now
    Havoc - Demon hunter - there's no way to not play this, its fun
    Unholy - Death knight - you put up diseases... you rip them out... there's nothing else to understand here.
    Last edited by Samuraijake; 2020-09-02 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Also, should have pointed out, that I'm unsubbed atm. I completed everything I wanted from BFA months ago and saw no reason to stay subbed. I inteded to come back on prepatch.
    You can play on PTR without an active sub.

Brewmasters are clunky and boring (still strong tho)
    Fury warriors are FUCKING SLOW
    Frost and unholy DKs are fun(ish)
    Ret Paladins are non-existent
    Prot paladins are fun and slightly stronger than in BFA
    Destro locks are...strange.
    zug zug

what is it paladin, one zug is not enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    lore should be voluntary to the game. not obligatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmoo View Post
    Fury warriors are FUCKING SLOW
    People say this with every expansion launch when their haste drops like a rock, and every time Fury ends up being one of the most APM heavy specs after people get their haste back to normal levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    If you just want to dps then do yourself a favor and play Warlock. They are brokenly OP as always.. even more so actually cause now they are also amazing in M+ on top of being the king on raiding.
    Well that will be nerfed.

As a guy who clocked a shit ton of hours on beta with my lock, including dozens M+ - they sure juiced up locks nicely.

Destro has a lot of new toys for M+ and totally wrecks there Infernal spam build which is silly fun, but is also hilariously OP and likely get nerfed a tad.

On top of it covenant abilities allow some additional hilarity there like AoE Incinerates critting for twice the Chaos Bolt damage and what not.

There are some things I don't like too, like Chaos Bolt being pretty weak for its cast time and main spender status. Also Infernals spam, while hilarious, can suffer from RNG and targets that dash around.

What will it be after inevitable nerfs? I don't know. But right now locks are in a pretty good state, except for maybe Demo because compared to OP power trip Affliction/Destruction went on in beta, it feels left behind.

No one is talking about Hunters. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Apparently Ret is Uber Duper Hyper Super OP, since they only nerfed on it the sixth build in a row. Either that, or a Ret main fucked Ion's wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Apparently Ret is Uber Duper Hyper Super OP, since they only nerfed on it the sixth build in a row. Either that, or a Ret main fucked Ion's wife.
    Chill bro

Edit: @NordWitcher MM hunters really dislike Hunter's Mark and Blizz just made it worse with a change instead of fixing it. BM hunters are still boring, also dealing with pets... Not sure about the other spec. They are just not interesting this expansion
    Last edited by mrsohta; 2020-09-02 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Which doesn't mean anything because the pre-patch classes inevitably will suck due to missing Covenants, Soulbinds / Conduits and Legendaries.
    Are dungeon mob numbers tuned ? Saw people running M+ but when I tried to do normal freehold to test if that farm was still viable on my 465 dh gear the first 3 pulls obliterated me easily

All of them and none of them depending of who you ask.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Healer- disc and resto druid are really good, but all healers seem to be in a decent spot.

Range- destro/afflict warlock, arcane/frost mage are top tier

Melee - assassin/sub rogue, havoc DH, frost DK, and ret paladin are all in good spots.

Tank- feral and prot pally seem to be the best, but like healer, all seem to be in a decent spot.

In general if there were a tier list, about 5 specs would be in S tier, then it drops right to B tier, as low as F.

It might be a better question about who is worst rather than who is best. From the dps log, Surv Hunter, Arms/Fury Warr, enh/ele Shaman, and demo warlock are way under performing.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2020-09-03 at 01:16 AM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Chill bro

Edit: @NordWitcher MM hunters really dislike Hunter's Mark and Blizz just made it worse with a change instead of fixing it. BM hunters are still boring, also dealing with pets... Not sure about the other spec. They are just not interesting this expansion
    But how are they when it comes to Mythic + and raiding? The cool thing about Hunters is that sometimes I can just zone out and let my pet DPS. Its a pretty relaxing class to play if played right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lllBlackSunlll View Post
    Healer- disc and resto druid are really good, but all healers seem to be in a decent spot.

Range- destro/afflict warlock, arcane/frost mage are top tier

Melee - assassin/sub rogue, havoc DH, frost DK, and ret paladin are all in good spots.

Tank- feral and prot pally seem to be the best, but like healer, all seem to be in a decent spot.

In general if there were a tier list, about 5 specs would be in S tier, then it drops right to B tier, as low as F.

It might be a better question about who is worst rather than who is best. From the dps log, Surv Hunter, Arms/Fury Warr, enh/ele Shaman, and demo warlock are way under performing.
    From what I've read and videos that I've watched, Arms is supposedly doing really well. Many people have conflicting things to say about Fury Warrior and similarly with Havoc DH. Some say they got nerfed, others mention them still being OP. Again seen very little coverage for BM Hunters. No one seems to be talking about them.