Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I have 87 gb free does that mean I cant run wow?

It is not that you need 100gb free it is you need 100gb to install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    the recommended specifications are a joke.
    They seem like gross overkill to me as well. I could very easily hit 80 FPS on the Recommended settings and above in BFA zones on my shitty old RX 570 which is vastly less powerful than even the last gen midrange card I have now, let alone a 1080. I doubt Shadowlands will suddenly be that much more demanding, we're not playing Cyberpunk or anything.

I mean, sure, if you want to enable ray tracing in raids for some reason or another you will need a beastly card not to suffer a slideshow, but anyone sane already turns down settings a bit in raids and epic BGs just to be sure anyway.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
    A: Well, you actually cant, because we didnt provide you beta, have fun

i7-6700K
    GTX 1080
    100GB SSD

For WoW? Someone is not right in the head.

So every expansion requirements have go nowhere but up..... way to go Blizzard. I bet they are doing this with co-operation with GPU manufacturers to boost new card sales.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    So every expansion requirements have go nowhere but up..... way to go Blizzard. I bet they are doing this with co-operation with GPU manufacturers to boost new card sales.
    I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting. Why would they go any other direction? It's not like the demands are exceptionally high, either.

RECOMMENDED:
    i7-6700K
    GTX 1080
    100GB SSD
    Optimization is a thing of the past especially with diversity hires. Just make WoW 2 already and drop the outdated engine holy crap.

It's 2020, if you're still playing on a mechanical HDD you're doing it wrong. Switching from HDD to SSD may be one of the most impactful (positive) experiences you will ever have on a computer. It's night and day. Also, they cost nothing for what they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    It's 2020, if you're still playing on a mechanical HDD you're doing it wrong. Switching from HDD to SSD may be one of the most impactful (positive) experiences you will ever have on a computer. It's night and day. Also, they cost nothing for what they offer.
    What are you talking about? They made a huge optimization in BfA witg dx12 I believe .. my fps went up by more than 30 with higher settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I laughed so fucking hard at the 1080 ������������������.

My 1070 runs a 4k 900+ mod Skyrim at 50 FPS lmao
    That's mostly on your RAM and CPU.
    and 50 fps... Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    Optimization is a thing of the past especially with diversity hires. Just make WoW 2 already and drop the outdated engine holy crap.
    What the heck does that mean lmao. Literally dragging politics into nothing.

Wut?

Making WoW 2 would be suicide. Imagine just deleting 15+ years of content or dividing the remaining playerbase. MMORPG is already a dying genre.

5+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. Most of that 100 gigabytes are gutted old content with all the good stuff removed.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    What the heck does that mean lmao. Literally dragging politics into nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Making WoW 2 would be suicide. Imagine just deleting 15+ years of content or dividing the remaining playerbase. MMORPG is already a dying genre.
    Only if there was an MMORPG that successfuly transitioned into a new installment. Something like that sounds like a FANTASY, right?

The amount of people that just have to spew their opinions on how wow runs on their moms laptop with an extremely fragmented HDD while it is still trying to boot up with 500 programs as facts makes me just sad

So im just gonna sit here with 250-280 MB/sec seq read/write HDD

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I can agree with SSD, but an i7 CPU seems a bit too much for a game with such a crappy engine.

Only if there was an MMORPG that successfuly transitioned into a new installment. Something like that sounds like a FANTASY, right?
    So you are saying women cant code? I dont get it. LOL you talking about the fantasy game that ive never even seen trending or relevant since their "redemption story", but for some reason people just like to say nice things about it.

What in tarnation is this comment section??
    Do people not know what "recommended" means?

I do have a 1080 (4 years old btw.), i can't run the game on full (especially coming SL with ray tracing) in all situation, hence it's not far fledged to recommend it.

Is that the fault of the poor optimized nearly 20 year old engine? yeah.
    Do we know that since years and recommending 4 year old gpus to a ever upgrading resource intensive game is wrong? no.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    So you are saying women cant code? I dont get it. LOL you talking about the fantasy game that ive never even seen trending or relevant since their "redemption story", but for some reason people just like to say nice things about it.
    Before Final Fantasy XIV, there was Final Fantasy XI as an mmorpg. Final Fantasy XIV actually started really poorly to the point to die but thanks to the changes they made it became a great mmorpg nowadays.

Now, how that is related to women coding i have no idea, hes just a sad person lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Man, these tinfoil conspiracies are hillarious to read everytime.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..