Heritage Armor Unlock should be level 45

If it currently requires you to hit level 110 when you're just getting into BFA content, why would they change it to level 50 (which is the equivalent of 120)? That puts you at the end of BFA content to unlock these appearances.

Not entirely sure what level you'd be after the level squish at level 110, but that's where the unlock should be. My guess is somewhere between lvl 40-45.

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably because leveling is meant to be quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    If it currently requires you to hit level 110 when you're just getting into BFA content, why would they change it to level 50 (which is the equivalent of 120)? That puts you at the end of BFA content to unlock these appearances.

Not entirely sure what level you'd be after the level squish at level 110, but that's where the unlock should be. My guess is somewhere between lvl 40-45.
    1-50 is the "old levelling content," and 50-60 is current content. Heritage armour is currently the reward for completing old levelling content, so you unlock it once you reach the point where current stuff starts.
    Think of it as us being squished to the equivalent of 110 with pre-patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

It's not absolute number parity, but that being said it's really a non issue with how quick the levelling is in SL.

Only reason it was level 110 for BFA races is because Blizzard essentially just copy and pasted the code for the Legion races. It's pretty evident given that the achievements for Mag'har Orc and Dark Iron Dwarf originally stated level 120 was required, but rewarded heritage armor at level 110 anyway, so eventually they just changed the level in the achievement to match.

That said, reaching level 50 in 9.0 will be significantly faster than reaching level 110 in 8.3, even with Winds of Wisdom active. So complaining that you now need to reach what amounts to level 120 is arguing semantics and is somewhat of a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

It's 60 fewer levels. Does it really make a difference if it's not 65 or 70? It's still going to be much faster.

is there any info on new heritage armors?

we're missing:

Humans/Orcs
    Draenei/Trolls
    Night Elves/Forsaken
    and Pandaren

No. It should be at whatever level blizzard wants it to be. And considering folks are hitting 1-50 inside of 8 hours, some as fast as 3 hours. Who cares if you have to spend 1 more hour leveling from 45-50 or whatever it is. It isn't such a huge deal that you need to come to the forums and bitch about it.

Stop crying.
    Last edited by agentsi; 2020-09-02 at 12:46 AM.

10 levels squishes down to 5. So 120 = 50, 110 = 45, 100 = 40 and so on. I copied a 115 toon to check and it copied to 47 with about 80% xp in to 48.

Realistically it's still a quarter of the time investment to level from 1-50 in SL than it is to level 1-100 in BfA. There's really nothing to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by knightblazer85 View Post

we're missing:

Humans/Orcs
    Draenei/Trolls
    Night Elves/Forsaken
    and Pandaren
    Blizzard forgot about the missing heritage armors, like they forget so many things. They half ass everything.

meh

i was planning to level some alts anyway and stick them off to the side for eventual heritage armors for humans, draenei, trolls and night elves.

because BfA is getting the same status as every other expansion when 9.0 launches, so its gonna be 1-10 Exiles reach (or old leveling zones), 10-50 any expansion, 50-60 shadowlands, its makes sense that heritage armor requires 50

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Blizzard forgot about the missing heritage armors, like they forget so many things. They half ass everything.
    i think ion said in an interview that we will be getting heritage for the missing races in the 9.X.5 patches of shadowlands

and with warfront armor being themed around human/orc, night elf/forsaken, adding their heritage armor in BfA seemed redundant

10+ Year Old Account
    Because clearly, if they haven't shown it, its because they forgot all about it. That's the only possible reason.

sigh

- - - Updated - - -

It takes like a quarter of the time to reach 50 that it does 110. This is less than a non-issue.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

I mean the time it takes to level from level 45 to level 50 will be negligible at best. maybe take an hour, tops. so not gonna matter in the long run. plus, who the hell is gonna stop at level 45 and go "well there's my heritage armor set collected, I'm never touching this toon again now"? answer: nobody. they will continue levelling and it won't matter anyway

- - - Updated - - -

hahaha no they didn't. I expect 9.1, 9.3, 10.1 patches will wrap up the heritage armors (Pandaren will join the final pair)

we're missing:

Humans/Orcs
    Draenei/Trolls
    Night Elves/Forsaken
    and Pandaren
    I would imagine that Blizz consider their asses covered on the human, orc, nightelf, and forsaken fronts via warfront sets. They may get heritage sets some day, but they’re likely at the back of the line because of the warfront sets.

we're missing:

Humans/Orcs
    Draenei/Trolls
    Night Elves/Forsaken
    and Pandaren
    Humes kinda got theirs in wod with the stormwind set from the garrison tower thing. I'm guessing orcs did also. But other than a restyled version I don't see what they could add as a set for humans.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account

In short, because it takes significantly less time to go from 1-50 on prepatch/beta than it does from 1-110, even if all you do is quest on prepatch with no bonuses or cheesing, and powergrind dungeons in live with instant queues, heirlooms, and xp potions.

Also worth noting, the four allied races that join from having done BFA content assume the events of BFA have already taken place during their respective quest lines, making it more sensical from a narrative standpoint post-squish to have them unlocked once you've already done the content that leads up to their heritage storyline. Right now, Kul'Tirans and Mechagnomes get a jarring jump in time from getting ready to head to Kul'Tiras for the first time, to the dust settling and the Kul'Tirans having rejoined the Alliance and Mekkatorque being revived and coronated King of Gnomes... only for the story to go back to Kul'Tiras and the Alliance being on the outs, and Mekkatorque is fine and dandy until one does the Battle for Dazar'Alor.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!