10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Yes, i'm aware that American prison sentences are just as insane as American weapon laws.
    As opposed to Russia's insane window and tea safety regulations.

It's crazy how many people either fall out of windows or get poisoned by bad tea, especially those that disagree with the government!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Terrorists tend to get live in most countries.
    If they will be able to prove such intent. Even then, i consider cumulative sentencing barbaric.

But given that this guy had "blue lives matter" leanings repeat of Fields case seems unlikely.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2020-09-02 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    If they will be able to prove such intent. Even then, i consider cumulative sentencing barbaric.

But given that this guy had "blue lives matter" leanings repeat of Fields case seems unlikely.
    They already did with James Fields.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    As opposed to Russia's insane window and tea safety regulations.
    Yeah, yeah, as opposed to US where important people just "oops" hang themselves in a prison.

It's crazy how many people either fall out of windows or get poisoned by bad tea, especially those that disagree with the government!
    I think if you would run actual numbers you would find them quite lacking "crazyness".

- - - Updated - - -

They already did with James Fields.
    As i said, i don't see how that case can be repeated here.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can in-white conflict be about "skin color"?
    Because it isn't "in-white conflict". The protests in which this was set was about the police brutalization and victimization of black Americans.

Do you think that all defenders of Kyle are supporters of "we must secure .. future for white children" or something?
    In short, yes. The only real alternative is that they're grossly willfully ignorant and for some reason unwilling to make even a basic effort to learn the facts. But that generally means the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    I mean... no.

That isn't how that works at all in terms of self defense...even slightly.
    And yet, you can't make an argument that supports that.

The Wisconsin self defense law, which I've linked at least three times now, clearly contradicts you on this. You don't get to rewrite the law to suit your feels.

He went there with explicit intent of putting himself in harms way. Then is now using the threat of harm as a defense.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Why do you think he is not allowed open carry, if state in which he is in allows open carry?

As i noted above, and as i understand it, for his specific age range law is not entirely clear about it, and thus likely (but not guaranteed) to be ruled in his favor.
    You can't open carry if you are under 18 unless you are at a target range or hunting. The law in Wisconsin is clear on WHEN someone under 18 can open carry.

I don't see how anyone can say "it isn't clear." It is one of the clearest laws I have read. It's no except in these specific circumstances. What's unclear about that?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    He went there with explicit intent of putting himself in harms way. Then is now using the threat of harm as a defense.
    Oh, right, he even said so himself in an interview.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

But it is certainly much more indicative as to what kind of argument they are going to make.
    It's the only argument they could make he is facing life in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's the only argument they could make he is facing life in prison.
    There doesn't seem to be anything widely available that contradicts their version of events.

You'd think some people here would want police to be like this;

Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-02 at 04:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    You'd think some people here would want police to be like this;
    I think the problem is that we have this:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Just a few bad apples, bro. It's not like this guy has a position of power within the organization, or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Yes that is disgusting, and I'm sure many Police disagree with him. Had to stop with the TYT follow up though, ain't listening to their tripe.

On a side note, certainly doesn't help when the DA of Portland refuses to process rioters on criminal charges whom end up back on the streets to commit more rioting.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-09-02 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Just a few bad apples, bro. It's not like this guy has a position of power within the organization, or anything.
    But you see... this is the same cop that kneeled with protestors 10 days ago and then stood behind the Kenosha police Chief, as he was making his statement a couple of days ago. Yes, the good cop from 10 days ago kneeling with protestors, is now the same cop in the video above... talking about concentration camps for people who don’t finish Highschool.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is disgusting, but I'm sure many Police disagree with him. Had to stop with the TYT follow up though, ain't listening to their tripe.
    I agree with the last part... I had to skip several, where they do the intro... I wanted to show the raw footage, without them framing it for you first. It’s the best I could do... I did try...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Yes that is disgusting, and I'm sure many Police disagree with him. Had to stop with the TYT follow up though, ain't listening to their tripe.

On a side note, certainly doesn't help when the DA of Portland refuses to process rioters on criminal charges whom end up back on the streets to commit more rioting.
    He’s still there even after that...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    The argument "number of officers that were guilty of misconduct" is especially bonkers considering qualified immunity exists and officers being differently treated under the law not only because of their profession but also because of who they dealt with (talking about minorities here if it isn't obvious).
    Ya the system is built in a way that they can get away with all kinds of shit that would screw with the numbers that along with the easy to find stuff like how the us has so many more police killings and the worlds largest jail population paint a pretty clear picture of your chances of being victimized being way higher then the rest of the first world.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes that is disgusting, and I'm sure many Police disagree with him.
    If they disagree with him they should do every thing in his power to get him out of the force up to refusing to work under him in way.

If they aren’t willing to do as such they cant be good cops.

Eli Valley did a great piece on this whole shitshow.

It's a cool picture but is there a movement asking for democrats to denounce violence? The most I've seen is people begging the DA of the afflicted cities to press charges.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Just gonna post this here as the other thread was closed as soon as I finished typing and it applies to this one to.

Compare America to the rest of the First world world it out paces most country’s on police killings (rather it was justified or not) an insanely huge prison population and this last one is just guess as I don’t feel like looking it up but I’d guess it has far more misconduct reports.

The numbers don’t lie either the police are just worse then most of the first world and have a system made to support them even when they are in the wrong or America’s are the worse people on the planet and the police are totally justified for cracking down on them so much harder. These are the only to opinions you have to pick one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ers_by_country
    When you say most of the world do you mean the west or places like Africa the middle east and china as well?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    .............Reading this post reminded me of the Michael Drejka case. For those who don't remember he was arguing/yelling at a woman over a parking spot (I think she parked in a handicap spot while not being handicapped). Her husband seeing what he thought was his wife being threatened came up and pushed him into the ground. Michael then pulled out his gun and shot the husband... killing him (when the gun was drawn the guy started to back away... but Michael shot him anyway).

If I remember correctly... that state had a stand your ground law.... and he still got convicted for manslaughter over it. Given that... I'm struggling very much seeing how when it comes down to it how people can not see that Kyle should face conviction for this. Only way I can see it is if you use the fact that he is a minor.... (and thus his poor judgement from the fact that he is a minor should be taken into consideration) and I don't think that is enough to justify the 3 victims not seeing justice done.
    He should face conviction for fleeing the state and illegally carrying a weapon but the key difference in your example and what happened at no point did his attacker reliant or show hesitant barring the one who had most of his arm blown off.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    When you say most of the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Compare America to the rest of the First world world it out paces most country’s on police killings (rather it was justified or not) an insanely huge prison population and this last one is just guess as I don’t feel like looking it up but I’d guess it has far more misconduct reports.

The numbers don’t lie either the police are just worse then most of the first world and have a system made to support them even when they are in the wrong or America’s are the worse people on the planet and the police are totally justified for cracking down on them so much harder. These are the only to opinions you have to pick one.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...ers_by_country
    You're forgetting an important adjective there.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You're forgetting an important adjective there.
    Fair enough my bad. Though to be fair I think china qualifies as a first world country

- - - Updated - - -

Terrorists tend to get live in most countries.
    They do but I don't see anything that occured as a political act at least not a intentional.