Seems like it could be interesting, I'll give it a spin to see if I can get back into it after a few leagues I wasn't a fan of.

Some of the new skills look neat, Void Sphere looks like it'll be fun. Interested in the range and how it'll work because it looks like it might be annoying for mapping, but great for more static fights where you can drop it and run around in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Ugh, seems WAY too confusing to me already. lol. I still haven't even figured out that whole Jun thing yet!
    Just replying to myself ... watching the video has me completely un-hyped. Doesn't look particularly co-op friendly, either.
    Reading all the reactions on reddit has got to be a kick to the balls for GGG.

Doesn't look particularly co-op friendly, either.
    None of them have really been terribly co-op friendly, and I doubt that's ever gonna change any time soon.

Reading all the reactions on reddit has got to be a kick to the balls for GGG.
    This could be said of any league of the past few years and this would be correct : P

i might have to try a bane occultist this league with those curse changes

Thinking something like a 4 link bane and 6 link impending doom

Ugh, seems WAY too confusing to me already. lol. I still haven't even figured out that whole Jun thing yet!
    Not gonna lie, it seems very convoluted to me too. Level up your rogues, equip them with trinkets, know which goes on which mission, have missions matching their skill level... is this darkest dungeon now?

I have already fatigue after harvest with fixing pylon-dispenser network and constantly running low on some form of energy then desperately buying seeds of that colour to "fix" the fact nothing grows and everything feels like falling apart.

POE is already a game where it's easy to fuck yourself up, I hope it won't be as bad with the rogues that they could die or lose xp if you fail the mission etc.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeaaaaahhh...

I've mostly found previous league announcements to get me hyped up.

This one? I sat there just like... um... was I supposed to get excited? ._. Besides the IDEA of the league, the way they presented it just felt very low-enthusiasm. Between the music and the voice over, it was just... quiet? Tired? Bored? Unexciting? Sigh.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    I wasn't a fan of Harvest, this looks a tad more interesting though, will definitely give it a whirl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeaaaaahhh...

I've mostly found previous league announcements to get me hyped up.

This one? I sat there just like... um... was I supposed to get excited? ._. Besides the IDEA of the league, the way they presented it just felt very low-enthusiasm. Between the music and the voice over, it was just... quiet? Tired? Bored? Unexciting? Sigh.
    This might be a good thing though. I only made 2 chars this season because I just didnt feel like learning/doing the harvest mechanics. But this one seems more hands off, kind of like Betrayal league. I'm actually looking forward to this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    None of them have really been terribly co-op friendly, and I doubt that's ever gonna change any time soon.
    I freaking wish they would. 90% of my time playing PoE is solo.

I'm hoping for the day they make a multiplayer league.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not gonna lie, it seems very convoluted to me too. Level up your rogues, equip them with trinkets, know which goes on which mission, have missions matching their skill level... is this darkest dungeon now?

I have already fatigue after harvest with fixing pylon-dispenser network and constantly running low on some form of energy then desperately buying seeds of that colour to "fix" the fact nothing grows and everything feels like falling apart.

POE is already a game where it's easy to fuck yourself up, I hope it won't be as bad with the rogues that they could die or lose xp if you fail the mission etc.
    How the hell you managed to "fail" harvest? Literally a tons of guides, ready-to-go layouts and even online planner https://harvest.iw.gy/#/H4sIABGQT18A...Apu0wNAgAAAA==

PoE IS hard on brain game, no matter how you spin it. You either use 9001% of your brain to figure out stuff or copy from others. If you want simple game, diablo is waiting.

9001 stats on items and most of them being garbage
    Previous league mechanics like betrayal that literally prints money if you know how to use it.
    Super complex skills gems that you won't have a clue whatsoever what is good without using path of building
    Insane skill tree

And out of all things people complain about harvest being hard? Seriously?
    This game was designed to be like this, this is why i love it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    How the hell you managed to "fail" harvest? Literally a tons of guides, ready-to-go layouts and even online planner
    I guess I was another harvest failure. I hated setting up my farm to grow the tier 2 and tier 3 seeds, and the few times I did that, none of the enchants I got seemed worth the effort. So I just stuck with tier 1 seeds after that. And even then, I had terrible luck. Never got the enchants I wanted (wtf was chaos so rare??) and never saw that 6link one either. F@#% Harvest! lol

10+ Year Old Account
    How the hell you managed to "fail" harvest? Literally a tons of guides, ready-to-go layouts and even online planner https://harvest.iw.gy/#/H4sIABGQT18A...Apu0wNAgAAAA==

PoE IS hard on brain game, no matter how you spin it. You either use 9001% of your brain to figure out stuff or copy from others. If you want simple game, diablo is waiting.

Previous league mechanics like betrayal that literally prints money if you know how to use it.
    Super complex skills gems that you won't have a clue whatsoever what is good without using path of building
    Insane skill tree

How is it hard if you just said there are tons of guides and planners for that garbage ?
    That is not what people complained about. Its a tedious boring system that most people disliked. Thank god it ends and we move away from it.
    If you like that stuff so much you should stick to Terraria.

Very curious about the tuning of Black Hole. It seems with its scaling elements it could be really silly. Phys into Chaos, scales well off duration, can scale off area - could be really good.

Also considering WOrb CWC Blazing Salvo with added projectiles to pelt everything to death. I love Cold to Fire builds so it could be quite good.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I never thought once playing POE, "Ya'know, I wish I could hard cast more curses."

The problem is 99% of the "big brain" intelligent designs for builds of the game still suck compared to meme specs or meta specs.

In addition, I hate games that front-load all of the "thought" into the non-active combat parts of the game. You bigbrain a build, then still go out and spam 1 skill and hope you can ignore/outdps mechanics because the game is a visual clusterfuck that is designed around you exploding things. Give me more in-depth combat, though I suppose that's hard in an iso RP when there are 100 things on your screen at once. Wolcen combat is a better example of how I think combat should work in poe. The rest of wolcen is pretty meh.

Insane skill tree

I mean, it's not so much the "big brain" stuff. I fully admit I haven't bothered with a build from scratch in the years I played, I'd find one that looked good and copy that, tweaking it from there to see if I can get more juice outta it (and usually succeeding). Last one was a Dom Blow guardian I turned into a HoP focused build that had way more defenses and a lot more damage than the original build with only minimal additional investment in terms of gear.

It's that a lot of these systems, like Harvest, are painfully dull and tedious to some folks. Like, I "got" Harvest, it's not "hard". I knew there were guides on optimal garden layouts within a week, long before I'd hit proper endgame and needed to really start planning and building my garden.

I just had no interest, because the process of managing even my smaller plots was utterly tedious, and looking at how much additional busywork would be necessary with a full-scale garden I decided to cut my losses because the league mechanic was deeply unfun for me. The amazing crafts? RAD! WE ACTUALLY HAVE SOMETHING APPROACHING PROPER CRAFTING AND NOT A SLOT MACHINE FOR ONCE! The tedium of gardening?...nope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Very curious about the tuning of Black Hole. It seems with its scaling elements it could be really silly. Phys into Chaos, scales well off duration, can scale off area - could be really good.

Also considering WOrb CWC Blazing Salvo with added projectiles to pelt everything to death. I love Cold to Fire builds so it could be quite good.
    This is my thought, i hope Black Hole doesn't end up being another CWDT skill, my last character of Harvest had 4 'Cast when' setups and it was getting a bit weird. I like that it appears we are getting at least two Zone control skills, Black Hole and Flame Wall. Both of those look like they could slot very pleasantly into many existing builds.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I never thought once playing POE, "Ya'know, I wish I could hard cast more curses."
    Ya I really don’t get the point of it after they already put bane in the game.

I guess I was another harvest failure. I hated setting up my farm to grow the tier 2 and tier 3 seeds, and the few times I did that, none of the enchants I got seemed worth the effort. So I just stuck with tier 1 seeds after that. And even then, I had terrible luck. Never got the enchants I wanted (wtf was chaos so rare??) and never saw that 6link one either. F@#% Harvest! lol
    Harvest T2 seeds are literally printing money. So that is on your end to not understand how to profit from these.

And you could always sell the seeds. If you dont want to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    How is it hard if you just said there are tons of guides and planners for that garbage ?
    That is not what people complained about. Its a tedious boring system that most people disliked. Thank god it ends and we move away from it.
    If you like that stuff so much you should stick to Terraria.
    Then dont farm it! Holy fuck how such simple solution was overthought? You literally could ignore entire garden, grab and sell seeds.
    Thanfully PoE is NOT moving away from that direction and new leauge is looking complex as fuck. And garden is coming back.

If you dont like that stuff stick to diablo.

Harvest T2 seeds are literally printing money. So that is on your end to not understand how to profit from these.
    And you could always sell the seeds. If you dont want to do it.
    I'm on PS4 where trading is shit. It's practically SSF.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    The problem is 99% of the "big brain" intelligent designs for builds of the game still suck compared to meme specs or meta specs.

In addition, I hate games that front-load all of the "thought" into the non-active combat parts of the game. You bigbrain a build, then still go out and spam 1 skill and hope you can ignore/outdps mechanics because the game is a visual clusterfuck that is designed around you exploding things. Give me more in-depth combat, though I suppose that's hard in an iso RP when there are 100 things on your screen at once. Wolcen combat is a better example of how I think combat should work in poe. The rest of wolcen is pretty meh.
    If "big brain" build sucks compared to meme/meta specs then it's not a big brain build but a scuffed garbo.
    PoE never had complex combat and hopefully it will stay that way. I love tinkering with builds talents items.
    Unlike WoW where gear and talents is braindead spreadsheet.

And PoE does have tons of frontload thought already. Hopefully it will give us even more. Dont like it? Tough luck.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm on PS4 where trading is shit. It's practically SSF.
    Then tough luck then. Its a PC first game.