Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I've never seen as much grindy and bullshit waste of time achievements like in Legion and especially in BfA. Point towards me some achievements that weren't a dumb boring mindless grind, without feeling the need to go to reputation grinds.

Sure you had some dumb achievements here and there, but in BfA they went overboard with this garbage.
    you've named one achievement which, if you play the game, you probably would've gotten by now simply by doing the daily quests for the zone. achievements like that can either be grinded out quickly or you can do them over time and get it naturally. you've said that BfA has gone overboard in these grindy achievements but you haven't given any sort of examples, other than that one achievement, to back up your claim. if a single achievement is all that is needed to make it go overboard then ok, I will play

BC - Bloody Rare
    Wrath - Frostbitten
    Cata zones - Loremaster of Kalimdor & Loremaster of EK - these took ages, fucking ages to do. Way more simpler now that it's account wide and storyline based instead of number based
    MoP - Going to Need a Bigger Bag
    WoD - Warlord of Draenor
    Legion - And We're All Out of Mana Buns

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Thats the Uld dragon yeah? What a bloody nightmare that was.
    Moment Drusin said that I immediately thought of that. Annoys the hell out of me when achieves become harder to do as you level up. Another one is the snail vs dino one in SoO.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's for completionists yes, and they ultimately want to complete something, yet blizzard makes it impossible, unlike what used to be near wotlk/cata. it has became an addiction for those who get a small amount of satisfaction through completing one more in an infinity of tasks that can never be "completed" overall. vile and sad.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Moment Drusin said that I immediately thought of that. Annoys the hell out of me when achieves become harder to do as you level up. Another one is the snail vs dino one in SoO.
    Haha we took a group of noobs to try get their drake and someone just popped cds and wrekt the dragon. Razersomething right? Either way, people were not impressed. He didnt know what he did wrong, so linked the dps meter to brag. Did not end well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    it's for completionists yes, and they ultimately want to complete something, yet blizzard makes it impossible, unlike what used to be near wotlk/cata. it has became an addiction for those who get a small amount of satisfaction through completing one more in an infinity of tasks that can never be "completed" overall. vile and sad.
    Impossible? Or challenging? Which achievement do you think is impossible? Have you submitted bug reports?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    bollocks it can't be completed. it just takes time. 8.3 will run for 10 months, which is approximately 300 days. even if the daily needed is only up half those days you'd need 6 a day. Wrath and Cata had heaps that took equally long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha we took a group of noobs to try get their drake and someone just popped cds and wrekt the dragon. Razersomething right? Either way, people were not impressed. He didnt know what he did wrong, so linked the dps meter to brag. Did not end well.

- - - Updated - - -

Impossible? Or challenging? Which achievement do you think is impossible? Have you submitted bug reports?
    it is impossible to complete world of warcraft. achievements are only a small part of it. there's countless "flag" quests not even referenced yet its flag can be turned to completed=true. there's countless missable. they keep adding things forever. wow can't be completed, it's impossible as long as they don't design a game meant to be completed. like it used to be in cata/wotlk, where I was extremely close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    bollocks it can't be completed. it just takes time. 8.3 will run for 10 months, which is approximately 300 days. even if the daily needed is only up half those days you'd need 6 a day. Wrath and Cata had heaps that took equally long.
    see above. good luck completing everything, like a completionist will try to do (hence the name)

it is impossible to complete world of warcraft. achievements are only a small part of it. there's countless "flag" quests not even referenced yet its flag can be turned to completed=true. there's countless missable. they keep adding things forever. wow can't be completed, it's impossible as long as they don't design a game meant to be completed. like it used to be in cata/wotlk, where I was extremely close to it.

- - - Updated - - -

see above. good luck completing everything, like a completionist will try to do (hence the name)
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=311826/...le-for-azeroth

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Their are achieves that are pretty time intensive such as the 250k kills, some of those high level honor level grind ones (a lot of people actually got super high honor level with a bug at the beginning of BFA, blizzard never reset it so..), or that really bad one the PET BATTLE PVP achieve for winning like 5,000 pvp pet battles..

Like their are achieves that take a lot of skill, achieves that take a lot of time, and their are the ones I listed above that are literally impossible to 99% of the playerbase

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    yeah he completed all achievements. not all pets, not all mounts, not all quests, not all stats that can be capped, certainly missed many missable, and I bet he doesn't have all toys and many other things that can be collected. I repeat: wow can't be completed currently
    also missed transmogs, probably the biggest of all
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-09-02 at 11:12 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yeah he completed all achievements. not all pets, not all mounts, not all quests, not all stats that can be capped, certainly missed many missable, and I bet he doesn't have all toys and many other things that can be collected. I repeat: wow can't be completed currently
    from an earlier post of yours: "yet blizzard makes it impossible, unlike what used to be near wotlk/cata."

so if modern wow can't have been completed what the hell makes you think that the Wrath and Cata versions could be "completed" - as you stated all pets, mounts, achievements etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    from an earlier post of yours: "yet blizzard makes it impossible, unlike what used to be near wotlk/cata."

so if modern wow can't have been completed what the hell makes you think that the Wrath and Cata versions could be "completed" - as you stated all pets, mounts, achievements etc
    well in wrath and cata there were far less systems, missable, and the quest/achi/stat database was much cleaner, they mostly started to add flag quests/achi in mop...it was actually a realistic objective, now you have to hope that they stop releasing expansions and you also have to be unemployed while making so much efforts to end up missing things (since they apparently like to add things after being able to complete it now, like the 2k achi from legion and the retired dungeon quest achi from legion's mission table)
    that's simply not a game well suited for completionist, they just mindlessly add countless stuff, without trying to design a game that can be completed.
    I saw a dev saying on twitter lately, "it's good to be done" when asked about raising battle pets level. maybe there's still hope

10+ Year Old Account
    Think this is the first time I've actually guessed who the OP is before I entered the thread by just reading the thread title in recent posts. Great entertainment value, might have to bookmark his post history

I didn't know about that achievement he talked about. Looks like I'm missing almost 200 of them. Gonna make sure I get it soon!
    Hi

10 players, each doing one hour... that's 10 hours.

5 players leave, to retain MUA Blizz wants those 5 player left to play 2 hours each now via inflating whatever activities... totalling 10 hours.

Man, probably only on mmochamp are there people who don't do achieves and yet try to tell to people who do achieves how they are not bad at all.

I'm at almost 31k achieve points, which is probably not that high nowadays. I've been somewhat lazy since legion, and there are stuff that I simply refuse to chase. I agree that the original, fun, quirky hihi-haha achieves went too far since Legion. In previous expacs we used to have only a couple here and there, which was fine, honestly. Now? Pfhhh. most of the achieves are either wq gated so on RNG (Sabertron - hasn't spawned for ages, then once, Upright Citizens - hasnt spawned for ages, then once, all the mission table ones, nazjatar rune chests just to name a few)
    And then let me not start on the honor level fiasco, where the design itself is atrocious and disgusting, but of course players did find a way to max out honor in 2-3 hours before it was fixed, and now only they have every honor reward while others are ought to grind it for YEARS. No thanks.
    And then there are the achieves that go away and your points get minused. Sure the achieve itself gets moved to legacy without points, but still.
    I suspect Shadowlands will be the new high in dedication to completing achieves.

For sure there are achieves from previous expansions that are harder to do now, which is part of the design in WoW I dislike but that's a whole different topic. Warlord of Draenor was fairly ez with win trading. Now probably a nightmare. What? You think most people who has it did it the legit way? Oh thats cute...
    Last edited by Lei; 2020-09-02 at 11:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    That's a pretty subjective take. There have always been grinds in WoW -- there's even a possibility somebody who disliked prior expansion "optional grinds" prefers BfA's. I know, it's hard to process...somebody enjoying an aspect of BfA; but, I think that's a far more diplomatic and reasonable possibility than the extremely cynical take the OP has that Blizzard makes things like this just to pad engagement metrics.
    Would you say there's more grinding in BFA in regards to achievements or less?

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    iron dwarf: medium rare
    Rare hunt achievs
    There's a reason I included the word "majority"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I'm at almost 31k achieve points, which is probably not that high nowadays
    https://www.dataforazeroth.com/leade...s/achievements

32,885 gets you in top 500 on DFA :O
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

I'm a completionist. The ridiculous turn achievements took around WoD and into Legion is what turned me to Classic.

Dumb things like the Scrap-O-Matic. One, the scrapping system is utter shit. Two, scrapping items is always a net gold loss, so I'm already pissed that I'm scrapping stuff, just to get this achievement completed.

First the achievement says scrap 100 things. Ok, no problem. Got it! Yay! but I didn't, because now it turned gray again, and it says I need to do 250. O.....kay. So, a year later I finally get 250. Yes! Finally done! Nope. Now it says I have to do 500. What's after 500? 1000? Does it ever end? Who knows? Terrible. Terrible, game design.

I got exalted with the Ankoan, and I still don't have 1 follower fully leveled. By the time I hit exalted, and finish all quest lines, I should be done with a zone. I'd have to get exalted probably 5 times over in that zone to get all the achievements. It never used to be that way. I remember when the Molten Front came out, by the time the time gated story line was done, I got all the achievements for the zone. Boom. Done. Don't have to back.
    Last edited by ablib; 2020-09-02 at 11:43 PM.

i have never ever bothered with achievements since their implementation. Not even once. I could not care less about some mount or title.
    I do raids, m+. be done with it. All the power to the people who enjoys them. Not a problem. They could make it 9423432942 tumors if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    10 players, each doing one hour... that's 10 hours.

5 players leave, to retain MUA Blizz wants those 5 player left to play 2 hours each now via inflating whatever activities... totalling 10 hours.
    Or, 5 players to replace the 5 that left.

Or, 5 players to replace the 5 that left.
    Nah dude. The clairvoyants on this forum have already determined that zero new players ever come to WoW. Ever. The game hasn't had a single new player since WotLK. Haven't you seen the subscriber chart?! Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Nah dude. The clairvoyants on this forum have already determined that zero new players ever come to WoW. Ever. The game hasn't had a single new player since WotLK. Haven't you seen the subscriber chart?! Duh.
    Ah, my bad. My crystal ball and Tarot Cards must need to go into the essential oil shop for repairs - i was not aware of this.