Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I can agree with SSD, but an i7 CPU seems a bit too much for a game with such a crappy engine.
    It is exactly because of the shitty engine that an i7 CPU is needed. Slightly modified WC3 engine heald together by duct tape. Awesome. Optimization? Never heard of if.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post

I mean, Just wow. Frankly, the original comment I totally agree with, Diversity hires are a problem. But this shit? That's too far, you've gone from having a debatable opinion to just being a totally sexist, racist homophobe in one image.

A diversity hire isn't hiring a stereotype black woman with long nails to do a coders job because they need a black woman, it's getting a black woman, whom is fully capable, and qualified for a position over someone who is actually a better fit (higher grades / more experience e.t.c) - Because there isn't many/any black females. It's a problem, but it's not what that image depicts, that's just far right propaganda.

It's painfully obvious that hiring the best candidate is always the best thing to do, (I say this as a leftist myself) Liberals take shit too far and now we have diversity quotas - which are objectively what they are trying to fight - Discriminatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It is exactly because of the shitty engine that an i7 CPU is needed. Slightly modified WC3 engine heald together by duct tape. Awesome. Optimization? Never heard of if.
    You, like many others really do not understand what a game engine is. A Game engine is a set of tools, those tools are typically interchangeable, modifiable and replaceable. A few examples for you ;

RAGE Engine : Angel Game Engine with some updates over the years. Yep, that's it. They took their 15 year old game engine, updated some of the tools, replaced some others, left it the same at it's base to use after they dropped RenderWare - Then broke the world record for game sales multiple times, with said engine. Engine must be bad though? Because it was when it was called Angel Game Engine right?

Unreal Engine - Unreal Engine could have easily adopted 1.2(instead of UE2) 1.3 (instead of UE3) because that is EXACTLY how this works. EU4 isn't a "different" engine to EU3, it's the same thing with updated tools within it. Each major release is a major update NOT a new thing.

Just because the current engine in use was also used to make WC3 does not make it "old and bad". If you compare it then to now, it's an entirely different thing that can do more, better.

People like to bash CreationEngine allot (Bethesda) the truth of the matter is, the community can use the engine to fix the issues Bethesda create - the engine isn't the problem Bethesda are. No matter how good your game engine is, if you have sloppy code and prioritise quantity over quality, you're gonna get a shit game.

Edit : A side note, Graphics and art in general are directly affected by the game engine, because the assets are implemented via said engine. They are MADE within said engine. WoW is and always has been top tier for the art. Every single issue in the game is a human made one, there is nothing that's wrong with the game that can be blamed on the engine.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2020-09-02 at 07:24 PM.

Imagine still complaining about game requirements.

To not expect an increase in PC requirements every expansion is just stupid.

The game can still be played on a toaster if you turn the settings down. You don't have to play on max settings....and if you want to, it's time to upgrade your system.

These system requirements are still 4+ years old in terms of when parts were originally available. If you are unable to keep up with this part of PC gaming, then maybe you should just get a console.

Blizzard makes the best game visual wise they can with what they have (and no it would NOT be easy to switch everything to a new engine), and if you can't/won't keep up, it is not their fault, it's yours. Quit being cheap and upgrade your pc every few years..it's not hard, nor is it expensive.

The point is...the requirements are going to increase EVERY expansion, we already know this. If it comes as a shock to you, then it's your problem, not theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Man, these tinfoil conspiracies are hillarious to read everytime.
    Haha, yes, especially since the 1080 recommend gpu is like 4 years old. I think they don't even make it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    I can agree with SSD, but an i7 CPU seems a bit too much for a game with such a crappy engine.
    Spaghetti code usually eats resources like a monster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    What are you talking about? They made a huge optimization in BfA witg dx12 I believe .. my fps went up by more than 30 with higher settings.
    I was referring to the overall (enormous) benefit you get when moving from HDD to SSD.