Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I was about to log in and check only bfa achieves that were shit, so thanks for this.

Not to forget how if you're a completionist might want to level up a horde char and max out every rep and farm paragon boxes on them for toys in BfA. I consider myself lucky, because my son's acc is under mine and he is horde, so he is doing the horde side all by himself. I don't know what I'd do without it.

The tumor achievement is considerably easier on a druid. You just fly around like with herbing. Once upon a time I cared that my main was the one who earned the achievements. Nowadays? Hah. And this is the problem with these achieves: you are better off with just "cheating" it. I did the duelist guild as well with my son's char and trial characters.

This has all started with the quintessental quintet or whatever achievement. Basically have 5 characters. And then there was the opposite faction one. Then in MoP the 1/2000 drop rate mounts. Then WoD tanaan with the caged mounts. Legion class halls and mount and pet fiesta (mounts count on your whole account). BfA faction specific stuff. in shadowlands you probably gonna have to max out at least 4 character's renown (which means doing every piece of system)...
    I don't get how you could be a completionist without at least a dozen characters

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    in the case of Most Minis Wanted it is an once per week thing.
    It's actually 2 chances per character per week :P

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for demonstrating how an argument fallacy looks like. Textbook example, well done.
    Which fallacy exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    I don't get how you could be a completionist without at least a dozen characters
    Of course I do (Legion class halls kinda required it) have actually more than 12 characters. But only one is my main that has the reps maxed out, and everything. Logging in on a low geared alt and tagging rares for mounts and pets or running low level dungeosn and raids for xmog or doing pet battles for charms is vastly different than maxing out renown on 4 in SL.

Don’t like em, Don’t do em.

Why do these achivements bother you?

When I started playing in WotLK I thought of myself as a completionist. I arrived for achieves and FoS. As time went on, they just became too numerous. I slowly started to realize they aren’t really worth caring about. Getting one can feel awesome, especially if you are new to the gaming concept. Strange, I know, but this isn’t something that has technically been around for long in the grand scheme of things. Some people are just new to gaming. As time has gone on and achievements/trophies in games have become commonplace, with some games getting an achievement just for walking forward, they have become over saturated.
    If I get one that’s cool, but I don’t strive for them anymore as a completionist player. I’m happier just playing and finishing a game I enjoy than striving for things that just come off as busywork now. For a game like WoW, the only ones I really strive for anymore are for metas to get mounts and/or titles. Other than that, there are better things to do than strive for, maybe even better than the ones I mentioned I strive for. It all comes down to what you like to do vs how much time you want to out in. If you enjoy it, go for it; but, if you have to make a forum complaining about it and how it upsets you as a completionist then it might be time to reevaluate if you want to continue that style of gameplay.

Of course I do (Legion class halls kinda required it) have actually more than 12 characters. But only one is my main that has the reps maxed out, and everything. Logging in on a low geared alt and tagging rares for mounts and pets or running low level dungeosn and raids for xmog or doing pet battles for charms is vastly different than maxing out renown on 4 in SL.
    Oh, I thought you were using most of your alts for the Paragon chests. I know I had to do that...

I'm much more worried about the Paragon mounts without simple emissaries than maxing out renown on 4 characters tbh.

i couldn't care less about an achievement unless it gives a cool title/mount/toy/pet
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

I LOVE stupid grinds as long as they are not mandatory for progressing in the game. One of my favorite grinds was for the netherwing mounts in BC. It's 100% optional and you can do it when you feel like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I'd say if you don't like them, don't do them? It's for completionists.
    I am an OCD completionist and I had to stop. Years ago we had way less bs grind achievements. They really went to town with archaeology and pet battles mostly.

I used to be a huge pet battler but I had to reduce my interest because looking at the achievement tab makes me sick. We're talking literal months of waiting and grinding for minimal rewards. It gets old very fast.

Nowadays I am very casual because I know I will never complete any of those crazy tasks. The effect this situation had on me has been the opposite of what Blizzard likely anticipated, because not only I didn't even try to bang my head against concrete with these achievements, but I also took a huge break because I was overwhelmed by extremely boring side content.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    I've never seen as much grindy and bullshit waste of time achievements like in Legion and especially in BfA.
    Seeker of Knowledge in MOP. That was the point I just broke and realized I can't keep up with the bullshit achievements they keep adding. I kept doing them but less and less as I knew I will never be able to stomach doing all of them.

WOD was pretty godawful on grindy achievements because the game didn't have other "casual" content so nearly every daily area was tied to multiple rng or grindy achievements and every garrison building had several of them too. Like the fishing one to get lvl 3 shack, I never completed that.

School of Hard Knocks is OG achievement and is notorious for cockblocking people to this day for the purple proto dragon mount. Not only you have 1 week per year to do it but you have to compete with your faction for specific actions that have limited possibilities per bg, while being griefed by the opposite faction, cuz pvp.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ah yes, the rig event right?
    Depends. There are actually 2 types of package, each of which drops a subset of the items. Each of the packages can drop from multiple sources:
    Azeroth Mini Pack: Mechagon drops from Mechanized Chest and from Reclamation Rig
    Azeroth Mini Pack: Bondo's Yard drops from the Beastbot and recycling

So you can get 4 a week, but only 2 shots at any individual item.

For me it was a complete non-issue that just happened with no specific effort while chasing the other stuff on the island. Right now I have 5 alts trying to get the mount from Arachnoid - which is pretty much the last thing I want from there (making 1000 items is an achievement that will happen when/if it happens and doesn't bother me)

There is a line between being a completionist and realising you're a number doing silly, time wasting achievements
    Well no - if you don't want to do them, don't do them... it is not that complicated

Remember - this is a game, everything you do in the game is time wasting

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Spoiler alert: All achievements are "useless achievements".
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Ever since they gave us Achievements, there have been stupid, boring and grindy ones.

Every Weaponskill to max
    Wintergrasp
    x-times the same archaeology item
    Pet Battles
    Kill x-player in Ashran
    Loremaster
    Exploration
    Molten Front

The worst X-Pac for Achievements, in my opinion, was Warlords

7+ Year Old Account
    If they don't give a mount or title, the Achievement doesn't exist in my book
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I think Blizzard are overdoing achievements. Ever since Legion they're going overboard.
    An example is, 1000 tumors, where you just fly around in a N'zoth invaded zone and destroying 1000 of these bad boys.
    Why? Literally why? Why do these achievements exist.
    https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=...t-a-tumor#news

I don't see the point in giving out useless achievements, you might start adding achievements for 10 steps taken, 20 steps taken, or how many minutes you have AFKED.

Sabertron Assemble - months of checking every single day for the 1 your missing
    7th Legion Spycatcher, It's really getting out of hand - stupidly difficult and unless you 'cheat' and do it in a raid group, 1 shot every few weeks/months
    Upright Citizens - weeks/months of waiting not only for the quest but for the NPCs to be there
    Kul Runnings - weeks/months for the right quests to pop
    Battle-Scarred NPCs in Naz - Only terrible due to being 90 days of essentially the exact same stuff
    Puzzle Performer - weeks/months waiting for the ones you still need
    Junkyard Melomaniac - Some unncessarily rare drops from rare mobs
    Head Financier of Mechagon and Junkyard Machinist - End goal easily seen but just a stupidly high amount.
    Catchin' Some Rays - Could fish 20k fish and still not get this
    Tell me a Tale - RNG on RNG on RNG. One of the worst achievements ive ever grinded
    Tour of War - Fortnightly attempt at this with the bosses on 'random'. Took me 6 months to finally get the last one.
    An Eventful Battle - Have to replay the same, 30 min scenario over and over hoping for something to pop, hoping you get there in time, hoping you dont get removed for not contributing enough because your staying near a spawn spot
    Azeroth at War - Daily checking for the slim chance a mission you need is there.
    Most Minis Win - Stupidly low drop rate for 1 of them. Takes months upon months on a weekly cooldown
    Available in eight colors - RNg drops from rare mobs with a low enough chance people go months without seeing a drop.

Almost every single achievement ive listed is just designed to sucker completionists in to keeping up their membership on the off chance the thing they need appears.

This system is starting to become a joke.
    Although that their subraces is kinda neat, I give them that.
    Honestly?

Don't like them, don't do them?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    There's a couple of problems with OP's premise.
    1) In a game, you literally only waste time; kinda the whole purpose of a game (unless you stream or are sponsored or whatever)
    2) Not a single one of them are required for access into the game's contents and features, outside of the "new norms" (flying, etc)

So, the actual problem is, there are wholly optional achievements that simply exist for those who choose to partake in them, and for some reason, that is making you angry.
    Kinda seems like a "you" problem, tbh.

I've never seen as much grindy and bullshit waste of time achievements like in Legion and especially in BfA. Point towards me some achievements that weren't a dumb boring mindless grind, without feeling the need to go to reputation grinds.

Sure you had some dumb achievements here and there, but in BfA they went overboard with this garbage.
    Awake the Drakes, added in Warlords of Draenor.
    Going to Need a Bigger Bag, added in Mists of Pandaria.
    Legendary Pet Brawler, added in Mists of Pandaria.
    Underbelly Tycoon, added in Wrath of the Lich King.

There are more, of course. Also, two reputation achievements worth noting, though, are these:
    Insane in the Membrane, added in Cataclysm.
    Hero of Shattrath, added in Wrath of the Lich King.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    God that is a weird thing to whine about tbh. Achievments... are completly useless. If you don't want to do the grindy ones... don't do them i guess?

It is not like every achievment is like this. They guy before posted 12 of how many hundreds of achievments in BfA?

Just seems like a not-problem... mmo-champions never stops to suprise me about what you can complain
    Not a great argument since every aspect of the game can be described as "useless". For some people accumulating achievements is far more rewarding and "useful" than farming raid bosses. I don't particularly care about achievements or raiding anymore so both are useless to me, but I recognize that there are people that enjoy both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Insane in the Membrane, before the Shen'dralar rep and DMF nerf
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."