Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mechagnomes have opened the door to playable Nagas

I know, I know. You might be thinking: what the hell are you talking about? The thing is, mechagnomes came with a new feature that we've never seen before: you cannot wear gloves, trousers or shoes due to their mechanical "issue". That means, you cannot transmog them at all.

In the past, when people said they wanted to see playable nagas, many detractors argued they cannot wear trousers or shoes so they'll never be a playable race. But now, mechagnomes have opened season on playable races that don't need to equip every single tradicional piece of armor, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to see playable nagas in the future.

What do you think guys?

Sure, the gear appearance issue can be solved as easily as "X race cannot wear Y armor". That's a rather... shitty solution, if you ask me, and is part of the reason why I dislike the introduction of mechagnomes, because I hate the fact that this precedent was set. But... yeah. It's a solution. It's a point in the corner for playable naga, I guess.

What about mounts? Despite the fact that mechagnomes can't transmog boots and can only barely transmog pants, they do still have legs. Legs are pretty handy things to have when you're mounting something (or jumping, now that I think about it). Essential, almost. At least if you don't want it to look fucking stupid. Naga, as far as I'm aware, don't have legs. What's the solution here, besides just giving Naga legs? And why should I believe that it'll look convincingly believable and not like some dumb meme trying its hardest to take itself seriously? Where exactly is the precedent on things-without-legs-riding-horses?

If they wanna say 'Fuck it, nagas with legs.' I guess I might be down for them as a Horde race.
    Last edited by CalamityHeart; 2020-09-03 at 02:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone shut that damn door.
    Bloody gnomes.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

What do i think? that mods should grown some balls and ban anyone who keeps insisting about making threads about playable nagas

Id say that the backlash to diaper gnomes having no transmog for feet and gloves ect slammed that door shut instead.

Im sure there are races worse than Naga to add to the player roster, but I sure can't think of any.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    Sure, the gear appearance issue can be solved as easily as "X race cannot wear Y armor". That's a rather... shitty solution, if you ask me, and is part of the reason why I dislike the introduction of mechagnomes, because I hate the fact that this precedent was set. But... yeah. It's a solution. It's a point in the corner for playable naga, I guess.

What about mounts? Despite the fact that mechagnomes can't transmog boots and can only barely transmog pants, they do still have legs. Legs are pretty handy things to have when you're mounting something (or jumping, now that I think about it). Essential, almost. At least if you don't want it to look fucking stupid. Naga, as far as I'm aware, don't have legs. What's the solution here, besides just giving Naga legs? And why should I believe that it'll look convincingly believable and not like some dumb meme trying its hardest to take itself seriously? Where exactly is the precedent on things-without-legs-riding-horses?

If they wanna say 'Fuck it, nagas with legs.' I guess I might be down for them as a Horde race.
    I agree, but mounts aren't impossible either.

I'd rather have a sub-species of nagas with legs, and no more races with such extreme tmog restrictions, but ultimately it's up to Blizzard.

Honestly, I don't see such a problem. They just have to create a proper animation that make them stay on a mount without looking ridiculous. Maybe dropping their tails on one side of the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Im sure there are races worse than Naga to add to the player roster, but I sure can't think of any.
    Murlocs,Qiraji,Nerubians...off the top of my head
    How did he die ?

His death was caused by pneumonia induced by daggers to the chest.Repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    What do i think? that mods should grown some balls and ban anyone who keeps insisting about making threads about playable nagas
    I hope I'll never become such a human being who gets angry due to a post about a playable race in a videogame. What a sad life you must have, mate.
    Last edited by Nork; 2020-09-03 at 02:24 PM.

I don't think we'll ever see a less humanoid race (i.e., one without normal arms and legs like naga). Can't just recycle animation rigs etc. then, and you know how lazy Blizzard is.

Playable Nagas without tails might as well be playable Sethrak in my eyes. I could see a High Elven transformation akin to Worgen's human form that would auto activate when mounting though.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I agree, I do think Mechagnomes is Blizzard experimenting with the idea of a race that can't have leg armor. It was the first thing that crossed my mind, and since there was no backlash of people complaining they couldn't transmog pants/boots/gloves on a Mechagnome, I'd say they're probably encouraged by the idea of adding Naga down the line, hopefully soon. There's also the fact they kept Queen Azshara alive when they normally loved axing major lore characters in the past. I could see Azshara entering into some pact with The Horde or Alliance if mutually beneficial that sees playable Naga.

This thread is in competition with "If elves evolved from trolls why are there still trolls" for the award of the most silly thread of the month
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

[...]What about mounts? Despite the fact that mechagnomes can't transmog boots and can only barely transmog pants, they do still have legs. Legs are pretty handy things to have when you're mounting something (or jumping, now that I think about it). Essential, almost. At least if you don't want it to look fucking stupid. Naga, as far as I'm aware, don't have legs. What's the solution here, besides just giving Naga legs? And why should I believe that it'll look convincingly believable and not like some dumb meme trying its hardest to take itself seriously? Where exactly is the precedent on things-without-legs-riding-horses?

Naga tails can just go down one side of the mount...
    Last edited by Razion; 2020-09-03 at 02:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still waiting for Ogres...

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Id say that the backlash to diaper gnomes having no transmog for feet and gloves ect slammed that door shut instead.
    This. Good luck finding more than 3 outfits like heritage armor (not including robes that hide everything) that look halfway decent. 99% of plate xmog looks horrible on my diaper DK

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    This thread is in competition with "If elves evolved from trolls why are there still trolls" for the award of the most silly thread of the month
    I was reading your post and I thought you were blaming yourself. Don't be so harsh with you, mate, it's alright to post silly things now and then.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I agree, I do think Mechagnomes is Blizzard experimenting with the idea of a race that can't have leg armor. It was the first thing that crossed my mind, and since there was no backlash of people complaining they couldn't transmog pants/boots/gloves on a Mechagnome, I'd say they're probably encouraged by the idea of adding Naga down the line, hopefully soon. There's also the fact they kept Queen Azshara alive when they normally loved axing major lore characters in the past. I could see Azshara entering into some pact with The Horde or Alliance if mutually beneficial that sees playable Naga.
    Did you just not look or were you pretending you didn't see it?

Quote Originally Posted by LeifErikson View Post
    Honestly, I don't see such a problem. They just have to create a proper animation that make them stay on a mount without looking ridiculous. Maybe dropping their tails on one side of the mount.
    Yeah but how would they jump? the way I picture it in my head looks pretty ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Still waiting for Ogres...
    Oh, mate, I'd love to see those.